Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

Well the good news is I got 2.7 oz. off this Chocolope even after toking on it some (I think it would have went 3 oz.). Here's a pic of the spongey stuff:

0011725.JPG

The weed's okay. I guess..... :/

WW IBL smoke report:

bag appeal - :straightface:
taste - :straightface:
smell - :straightface:
buzz - :straightface:
yield - :straightface:

The essence of mediocrity, even though it dummys you up enough to call it dope.

:peace:

LOL, yeah, you need something new and different like a Zamal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've been testing my hermied Cotton Candy (Lavender x Power Plant) and I think I can feel the African in it - kinda like a speedy Haze.

Nice work with the Chocolope!

What do you know about Black Widow and the origins of the WW strain? I was intrigued to find out that it came from a Brazilian sativa. My Utopia Haze is by far the best pot I've ever smoked.

I think I'm glad I decided to put my Hippie Killer grow off; it has Brazilian genetics in it, and I'm worried that WW is a disappointment because of that. More unsmashed brick weed yippee..... :straightface:
I'll burn the Chocolope up in blunts to get rid of it; maybe the TD will bring this grow some salvation. Oh well better luck picking 'em next time. :(

Still waiting to get a call back on that strain reviewer job I applied for. Can't imagine why they haven't called yet..... ;)

Yeah, I can picture it - the "meh" scale. :rofl:

You too Harley 001. I got weed so things are okay, but it's not the weed I was hoping for.

Hey man, isn't that a little bit too early to tell? After all, you need at least 6-8 weeks of curing to say something about the quality unless you're smoking popcorn :bongrip:

Hey man, isn't that a little bit too early to tell? After all, you need at least 6-8 weeks of curing to say something about the quality unless you're smoking popcorn :bongrip:

I've noticed the increase in quality (sometimes considerably) after cure, but if it doesn't have any hair on its a$$ to begin with, from my experience the potency doesn't get a lot better. That's why I made the call on these ones early, conradino23. I bought me a big ol' cigar :), and when I empty it I'll grind up one of the top colas of the Chocolope and fill it back up to see if it's any better, but having a high tolerance I'm a hard sell on potency.

The Chocolope is Cannalope Haze dominant enough I can't imagine the smell going chocolate. It has a sour to it still, and having a high hair ratio the joints are spongy. It takes blunts (plural) of it to get me laughing, until I realize that it takes blunts (plural) to get me laughing, which isn't really funny :straightface: It gets me out of it enough and I got enough to say it's worth the grow, but I wouldn't grow it again.
The White Widow IBL is about the same in terms of effect, but no eye and nose candy at all. I don't think I'd do this one again either.
The Tangerine Dream doesn't have the smell of tangerine any more. The spicy Haze odor is coming more to the front. I haven't sampled it, so I can't give even an early report on the uncured quality. Can't complain about the yield; this one may top the Chocolope I just chopped. And it seems pretty mold, disease, and pest resistant. It's going into 11 weeks flower, and still doesn't have a lot of brown hairs yet so it may go 12 or 13. If the pot's any good I'll do kief extractions with the rest of the WW IBL and Chocolope.

Note: I'll be putting the Tangerine Dream in a slightly longer dark period (3-4 days) I've read about doing it, but I've have had other grows either on the verge of mold or rot or already having it slightly so I'm afraid to do it because the mold gets worse. This one is okay so I'll use it. I need to get it out of that unit anyway because the other plants are getting too big. I'll take pics tomorrow before I put it in the dark.

So you're going to end up with a couple hazey phenos - not bad. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Did you take cuts of the TD? I have to confess that mine is growing on me. I didn't think much of it at first, but it's a good reliable smoke - energetic, smooth. It was all fluffy and didn't smell like much when I harvested it, but some cure has been good for it - has a little citrus in the sandelwood now. Yours is a LOT better looking than mine was.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom