Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

So you're going to end up with a couple hazey phenos - not bad. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Did you take cuts of the TD? I have to confess that mine is growing on me. I didn't think much of it at first, but it's a good reliable smoke - energetic, smooth. It was all fluffy and didn't smell like much when I harvested it, but some cure has been good for it - has a little citrus in the sandelwood now. Yours is a LOT better looking than mine was.

:thumb:

That's a better word than spicy. Sandalwood is kind of woody and spicy. That's more what this is. And the citrus is in the background now. Almost a sharpness to the smell.

I'll pic the bottom of the pot mom's in later, too. I took a bunch of clones without gel or powder, and I do it so much I don't look down there. Especially with a plant like this that bushes up. :) I'm sure at least 1 took; maybe 2. Thanks for the compliment but I like the looks of the buds on yours better than this one. Yeah I know, the grass is always danker on the other side of the fence..... :straightface:

Gonna wait another day for a defol. Here it is under a fluorescent light:

0041573.JPG
0031660.JPG
0011738.JPG
0051487.JPG

Two of the clones lived :) (not a good pic; sorry):

0021741.JPG

I'll dig them out when I defol tomorrow.

:peace:

Dunno Chimp, that looks like a keeper pheno to me ...

Congrats on the clones! (Why aren't they flowering?)

I'll do a better pic later, Graytail. They are; they're just so wispy you can't see the hairs in the blurred one I took.
I'll keep both clones for now (in case the weed has any hair on its a$$.....)

I think I may start doing that. It appeals to my sense of the universe - if it lives, great, if not - pffft, it was going in the soil bin anyway. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm always wondering what I should do with the lower branches when I snip 'em - why not jus' stick 'em in the soil and forget 'em.

:thumb:

Heheh, I'm a deficiency dunce. So that's low calcium eh? Yep, looks just like the ones people like to give CalMag to. One of the reasons I love Doc's kit is that it does start out perfect. From that point things can go wrong, but there isn't much stabbing in the dark involved.

I'm liking the knowledge journey and learning to appreciate it as much as the end destination. I order nutes from different places, but I want to do my own. Two things I've noticed and learned are that all these super soil grows people are doing they are feeding along with the nutes in the soil anyway. Probably the main reason I didn't do well. And all 3 houseplants I used the rest of that nute mix I made with 2 different guanos died from it. I even diluted it for them 'cause they weren't in full growth yet. I'll use it in soil mixes and compost teas I bubble in the future, but not for 12 hour nute mixes or top dressing.
I realized I was letting a few good plants get away, and I did the same thing you are talking about; took the branches I cut off while trimming the plant up and just plucked them in holes. Before that I was taking a clone from the plant in veg, but if I didn't like it when it was done I had a full sized clone to toss (which not too many of us can do if it's healthy). Using this method solves that problem for me.

I ordered a 3 part organic nutrient program (liquid grow, liquid bloom, and liquid micronutrients) to do my Charlotte's Web grow with. If I like this, I'll get the powdered forms of both nutes; you mix them in the soil and make teas to drench and foliar feed with them too. The company sells booster products to go with it, but I'll keep it simple to see what I get from the base products.

Chocolope taste report: Strangely enough, the melon/sour smell of this Chocolope pheno is still there, but a somewhat chocolate taste is coming out in cure. I'll keep some in a jar to see if it gets more like that. The buzz isn't getting much better if any, though.

0011739.JPG

Not sure if I can distinguish the other aroma, but it has a slight hint of dezza-necks..... :tokin:

:rofl:

I guess, then, you've been supplimenting your girls with mycorchimpatzae ... ?

... hongos en las uñas
... unghie fungo
... Nagelpilz
... neglesvamp
... mycose des ongles
... msumari Kuvu
... Googel Translate is kinda fun, sometimes, heheh.

The extended dark period doesn't seem to enhance the odor any on this Tangerine Dream. I'll keep it there another day or so, then chop. It looks like it might beat out my record yielding plant (that Chocolope I chopped just before this). I'll be more able to tell when I defoliate. I'll take the bigger of the 2 clones out of the mother pot and repot it, too. On a not so good note, I may break any smoking records I previously held on that Chocolope too; I got to smoke so much of it to stay high it's down to 2/3 of a jar already. The WW IBL is almost gone too. I'll post pics and a final early smoke report on the TD before I close this journal.

I won't judge myself, but I don't see a big difference in giving these the extra dark time. I got the idea from this, a section of Dinafem's WW description:
The flowering period lasts around 60 days indoors, which is necessary for maximum resin production; it is advisable to leave them in complete darkness for the last 5 days, to increase resin production as much as possible.
This technique also increases the concentration of essential oils and flavours, so it is recommended if you want a very tasty final product.

This could be strain dependent. But here's the plant before chop:

0011746.JPG
0021748.JPG
0031667.JPG

I got 2 plates like this (falling off tall):

0041577.JPG

And the bottom, really frilly crap with the trim:

0051490.JPG

Yeah even with the weak stuff and trim off of it I still think I'll get more than I did from the Chocolope. I'll post a smoke report in about a week or so when it's dry enough to burn :)

Thanks Graytail I hope I get as satisfying of a smoke as you do from yours. :)

Okay a final on a few more things:

Maybe I should have dried the Chocolope a bit more but the joints are spongy. I just roll blunts because the wet paper tends to dry and shrink slightly, tightening the blunt a bit to make up for it. I'm glad I didn't save a clone of it. :straightface:
I have a WW IBL clone that is just out of reveg about a week and is going to start growing normal leaves pretty soon. Would have started growing normal leaves soon, I should say. I'm not 100% on this, but I'm not going to keep it. It's really unimpressive. :straightface:
I have a clone of the TD (post a pic soon), but it's on the hit list and it knows it..... :straightface:
Post another spiritually uplifting smoke report soon :)

Back
Top Bottom