Tangerine dream, no buds

Stevehman> Isn't twilight a strain for outside? DP strain, right? I have heard of people growning indoors. That might be the cause of your problem.
And Twelve12, thanks for you feed back. Some more hairs showing, just going very slow.
This strain is going to take a while to finish. Keeping the heat down is a problem getting into the hottest days of summer.

Flipper
I think she may be an outdoor strain, it's not 100% clear on the description (just 82% clear ;) ).

I ended up pulling them from the grow. I still have a mom and a healthy clone in my mom-box. I may give those to a friend that has room in hisyard for them to see how they perform outdoors.

G-Dog> I started from seeds. Out of 5 feminized seeds only 3 made it. 4-5 weeks of veg. Plants all over two feet and all different. 3 off shoots. Use GH grow, micro, bloom. Plants are sensitive so i backed it to low- to med strength. Flushed with water and additive for salt build up or lockout. 400w hps hortilux 4 plant bubbler.
Any other questions you want ask me and i will tell ya. Sorry no photos.

Flipper................

I guess the reason for the pics would be to see any white hairs or other signs of sex. Your descriptions leave me hanging. I didn't know if you are getting white hairs or not yet.

They should be sexually mature with the amount of veg and flower time combined. I am not an expert on your strain, I just wanted to see if your problem was just something basic since I don't know you personally.

Someone said that after 12-12 for a month they started to flower. That may answer your question.

In my experience the best things in life are worth waiting for. Not always true, but something to keep you going. Thanks for sharing your experience as it is the kind of thing that will help others decide if they want to run this strain or not.

G-Dog> Yes they are females and show hairs but no buds yet. It acting like a pure haze strain. Maybe 120 days of flowering will do it:surrender:

I contacted Barneys by e-mail yesterday and told them my setup and asked for their conditions for this strain and asked how to get this strain to bud. I hope they e-mail me back soon.:nomo: At this stage i don't see anything they can do. I am worried because i am running out of weed.

Flipper

Well no word from Barney Farms:hmmmm: I chopped down all of my TD except one that i will let go and see what happens. It too hot and into the heart of the summer to start up another strain on 18hrs. veg. When it gets cooler at the end of summer i will start up a new strain. Have to look in the frig. and see what strain to pick.

:peacetwo:
Flipper

Hey Flipper you can not ask them about germination that is illegal. Find some around about way of asking them. Then you might get an response. Contact the seed bank you ordered from and show them the picks and they might replace your jelly beans.

Well no word from Barney Farms:hmmmm: I chopped down all of my TD except one that i will let go and see what happens. It too hot and into the heart of the summer to start up another strain on 18hrs. veg. When it gets cooler at the end of summer i will start up a new strain. Have to look in the frig. and see what strain to pick.

:peacetwo:
Flipper
I know how you feel cutting down a healthy plant. Maybe the one you saved will decide to do something for you.

The Tangerine dream sounds like a great plant but I am having problems with my T.D.
I think they will make it but I dont think that they like a lot of Nitrogen in veg. state
Just my opinion. Good Luck

I will never grow this strain again, even if they replace my seeds. Maybe only with another strain of their.

I am mad as hell about those plants. And i know for a fact i am not the only one who had this problem. They didn't even get back to me. Change the name to tangerine rip-off.

Flipper

i to have invested in magic bean's such as t.d. from some of the best seed producers that were, unstable, nonproductive, or fancy ditchweed. it cost me a great amount of time $ not to mention carbon foot print and the risk of having a lot of incriminating trash that requires solvent to make anything at all. to say the least I feel your frustration deeply. it seems to be common business for seed producers and hydro gear and nute producers, even automobile makers to inflate sales with bunk junk. B.F. has some real fun seeds I would run crema blue again, there are a lot I wouldn't thanx for your warning on t.d. was on list vanilla kush was amazing smoke, I still run red diesel toy that she is. my only advice is to get stable cuttings/clones from known producers

420pharms>Thanks for your reply. I was really looking forward to another cup winner. Last grow was super lemon haze. Had germ. problems with that strain. Out of 5 fem. seeds only got 1 that made it. This was the first time i had germ. problems with any fem. strain. I wasn't sure about green house seeds heard some bad news about their strains but not with there SLH. It was a excellent high and lasted a long time but i was turned off by their germ. rate. So when TD won the cup i took a chance with it, even after i couldn't find any grow report like i did with the SLH. TD also germ. rate wasn't great 3 out of 5 made it. I think these cup winners put their seeds out too fast and didn't take the extra time to make sure the are what they say. The seed bank i got them from gave me some free SLH seeds which i thanked them for, so i will not ask them for TD seeds. I have been turned off to cup winners now and see it's more about the money and not the product. I wish i could save a mother plant and take cutting but it is not possible. So i depend on good seed stock. Don't waste your money on unproven strains.

Painfull

Hi Guys,read the whole thread,and came up with the conclusion that the rest or you did,i tried for 4 days to germ 3 TD seeds ,after soaking fo 24 hrs and in dirt for three days, could'nt get a tap root to pop.oh well atleast i won't have to worry about flowering.Im glad i have 12 oz of law,vanilla kush and papaya.
HH:)

well that's just brilliant!!! I too started a grow of tangerine dream due to the success of a previous super lemon haze grow and now after 4 weeks still no buds, there's even a diesel plant that was a freebie from csb next to them and that's flowering up lovely. I only looked on the net to see if anyone else might have had this problem or whether I been conned. turns out everyone's having this problem with this strain. any other advice other then turn the lighting down to to 10hrs?? Advice would be appreciated as im moving house in 7 weeks and if their not done by then, I'll have top chop them

Hi everybody> I am growing tangerine dream insmallbubbbler 4 plants 400w hps and i am in 3-4 weeks of flowering and still no buds. Is it because of the n. haze in it or should i be showing bud hairs by now. Thinking of cutting back the light cycle to 10 hrs. Has anyone had this problem. First time grow with this strain butlong time grower.
:thanks:
Flipper

how did you solve this in the end and were the results worth the wait????

I dumped the whole grow. Just wouldn't bud and it was like 12 weeks of flowering. Some growers had good luck with this strain but also a lot didn't. All that i can say is to force flowering from the start. Cover the plants and put them in a dark stage to start flowering. Growers have done this with tuff sativas and hazes when flowering is a issue. I tried the dark stage but after they started to show signs of budding, just a little fuzz. I am now growing northern lights and cream caramel and going into the 9th week of flowering with some nice looking buds. The CC is a bushy monster with buds sites everywhere.

Good Luck,
Flip

FWIW, I tried to grow TD a couple of grows ago, and like everyone else here, got a plant that at 10wks had very light wispy buds. At the rate it was going it would have needed another 10 weeks just to look halfway decent. I tried to germ three seeds and only got one to pop. In my opinion, it is a crappy strain.

Back
Top Bottom