Tangerine dream, no buds

Flipper

Hi everybody> I am growing tangerine dream insmallbubbbler 4 plants 400w hps and i am in 3-4 weeks of flowering and still no buds. Is it because of the n. haze in it or should i be showing bud hairs by now. Thinking of cutting back the light cycle to 10 hrs. Has anyone had this problem. First time grow with this strain butlong time grower.
:thanks:
Flipper

If you have her on a 12/12, she doesn't have a choice but to flower... have you checked your timer to see that you didn't accidentally set it wrong? I have heard of that happening and w/the one that have the lil clickers/tabs on them, it's easy to make a mistake. What I mean is, make sure the lights are not coming on while it should be dark... one tab would be 15 minutes of light time... just a thought!

Unless of course it is an auto strain... or you have a light leak!

Thanks for your reply. 12/12 is working fine and no light leakes. I just just started to shut the lights down early to 10hrs to force it to flower. I will see what happenes.:420:

are you growing from seed or clone ? seed can take longer to express sex they are virgin to force flowering unless veg to good bloom age will/can take longer seed likes a little richer nutes also, clones are faster they think they are older more stable to grow if informed about the parent plant, best way to go for now. sorry I'm sore medicated and tired

:rolleyes3I am now in the 5th week and still little to no buds. Tried turning back the light cycle to 11 hrs. The only thing i can try is light out for 24 hrs. or 48. This has been a very dissapointing grow and i will give it some more time. If anyone has grown this strain and had the same problem please chim in. And thanks TWELVE 12 for your reply. How long did your grow take?

Sad to hear that man. After that long, 5th wks, it might have reverted back to veg. The first time growing TD it went veg on me during the 3rd wk flowering. While the Super Lemon Haze finishes, the TD was frozen in time, it did not grow or produce bud it just sat there. First time was due to small light leak. Now, I'm running the TD again, and experience slow bud development, this is normal for being Sativa, so I usually start with 1 day of darkness per week to "force" it to flower. And have it on like for 8-10hrs under hps also to "force" it to flower. It finally show pistils. Then back to 12/12.

With optimal grow environment I think it will flower much sooner, and the buds will be much dense. What's your temp, RH, and what are you feeding it? I noticed the Tangerine Dream is very sensitive in all aspect. Unless your grow environment is optimal it will stress easily, as it did with mine.

Ideal range for TD is 70-75F, 30-40%RH, no light leak (total darkness), 1/2 strength nute (any brand), lots of water, and air exchange 2x.

Sativas are not exactly photo-period sensitive. In nature a sativa spends it's whole life under 12-12 lighting. The sexual maturity of a sativa is one of the things to consider, as someone else noted. If you had grown from a clone it would already be sexually mature, but if you grow from a seed it can be many months. A plant will not flower until it is sexually mature. Indicas can mature in 6 weeks, whereas a sativa who knows. And as mentioned above, a light leak will definitely keep her from flowering.

I don't know if i am wasting my time or what with this strain. I have grown sativas before in the same envoirment with no problems. I could see if this is a pure haze then yes, but not with a cross.The fact that i am hearing bad reports of the same thing tells me it bad genes. I know NH haze has 80% pure haze and maybe the problem. It's lights out untill i see progress, or they will get the chop.

:yikes:

Things are going very slow. I invested all this time now so i guess i will let it flower a little longer. No real buds yet 6 weeks of flowering. Did yours ever finish? and with what results? Very disappointed in this strain. Barneys says 10 weeks of flowering, what a joke.

Painfull

Flipper, I'm feeling your pain. I am having the same issue with Twilight. I have other strains that are well under way in the same system, so I know light cycle, nutes etc... are conducive for flowering. Just this particular strain is giving me a headache. My guess is non-stabilized genes.

It has me flummoxed! If I have no flowers by the end of next week, chop-chop time.

Guess we have to contact BF to get their grow environment info and replicate and implement that to our grow environment to get the similar results. Even that, there are rare recessive gene that can come thru with one of the many seeds BF produced each year. If it is taking more than 3 weeks trash it and get a new seed and try again, if you really want to grow it. There are other variety to try from so don't sweat.

I'm in 4th week of flowering, 5 more weeks it'll be finished, but I'm going to let it flower until the fan leaves turns colors. They do take a long time to bud, once they start it's quite nice. This thread help me refine my flowering time, if a plant don't bud within 3 weeks they are chopped! Usually show pistils/sack within the first two.

Don't waste any more time/energy/money towards this one, just move on.

You really never gave us much information. If you have some time tell us the whole story, seed or clone, how long it veg'd and perhaps some photos. Not enough to work with for us right now.

Stevehman> Isn't twilight a strain for outside? DP strain, right? I have heard of people growning indoors. That might be the cause of your problem.
And Twelve12, thanks for you feed back. Some more hairs showing, just going very slow.
This strain is going to take a while to finish. Keeping the heat down is a problem getting into the hottest days of summer.

Flipper

G-Dog> I started from seeds. Out of 5 feminized seeds only 3 made it. 4-5 weeks of veg. Plants all over two feet and all different. 3 off shoots. Use GH grow, micro, bloom. Plants are sensitive so i backed it to low- to med strength. Flushed with water and additive for salt build up or lockout. 400w hps hortilux 4 plant bubbler.
Any other questions you want ask me and i will tell ya. Sorry no photos.

Flipper................

yea I am growing a TD female to keep as my mother plant. she is in wk 7 of veg. her growth seems to be alittle slow. I have her in coco soil and I give her very light nutes. 0.25ml once a week.

Back
Top Bottom