Tangerine Dream - Violator Kush - Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Re: Tangerine Dream,Violator Kush,Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Hi guys, noob here to this forum. Will be following this journal to the end. Got a few questions though.

Has anyone here cloned tangerine dream yet? If yes how well did she clone?

I have also heard that she is fussy and difficult to grow? Anyone run into that yet?

How does she handel nutriant? Is she a drinker our a feeder? What % nutriants have you been using and for what grow cycle?

I am interested in growing slh and tangerine dream. So far I have learned that slh is a drinker and a 1/2 to 3/4 nutriant and is sensitive.

I have yet to find anything on tangerine dream though. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time!

Hi guys, noob here to this forum. Will be following this journal to the end. Got a few questions though.

I have also heard that she is fussy and difficult to grow? Anyone run into that yet?

How does she handel nutriant? Is she a drinker our a feeder? What % nutriants have you been using and for what grow cycle?

I am interested in growing slh and tangerine dream. So far I have learned that slh is a drinker and a 1/2 to 3/4 nutriant and is sensitive.

I have yet to find anything on tangerine dream though. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time!

Well JINXTER Tangerine Dream is a relatively new strain. I doubt many people have had a chance to smoke it, let alone grow it. I know when it comes to new strains like that it is best to be conservative. Don't use any fertilizers for the first month @ least if growing in soil. Fussy strains require soil rich is Humic Acid. I recommend Fox Farm Happy Frog mixxed 3-1 with Lightwarrior and you should have no problems. If I am growing a strain for the first time I tend to go real easy on the nutrients and the watering. If I see that the plant is needing more nutrients I make a note in my grow journal (something every grower should have) and add a little more organic fertilizer. I grow using a technique known as "TLO" which stands for the LIVING ORGANISM. You feed the soil rather than the plant. With this method you just "add water" and keep the microorganisms that do the leg work for your roots happy. If you want, you could read about it. It has helped me grow so so home grown pot to top shelf dispensary medicinal quality cannabis. I have stopped growing with hydroponics and grow with dirt only now. I find it way more forgiving for the style of growing I use and I am trying using only organic fertilizers. So far I have noticed the buds are a bit smaller than grown hydroponically but the taste is superior. I am going off on a tangent though. As far as the Tangerine Dream goes, maybe you should create a journal, take pics and other growers can follow along. I would love to see how this strain grows and what it looks like flowering.

@Growing247 - I know what you mean by feeding the soil and in turn it feeds the plant. Trying to experiment and gain experience with new line of nutes. Right now I'm using FF nutes series, and have read that EarthJuice does what you've mentioned "Feeding the soil". Also, EarthJuice is organic. I'm still using FF right now until I can afford the EJ series.

@Jinxter - Hi, thanks for joining in. To answer your questions;

Not yet, the TD is still small. In 1 week I will make the clone army. I don't think it will be difficult. If you have good cloning system that you use then you should be fine. At least you will have higher success rate if the plant is difficult to root. The method I use have 99.9% successful rate, so will see if it clones the TD when it's time. Place your bets!

So far starting out from seed, she is growing nicely with her sisters. No difficulties so far. If there is, it will surface during flowering. Since the plant has evolved into a higher stage, without the accommodation of the environment it will be difficult for the plant to grow. Only then you might experience slow growth, small yield, stretching, burning/yellowing, drying, etc...Daily monitoring of your grow environment (room) will increase the chance of your girls to reach their full potential.

So far it's still feeding off from the soil. Once I transplant them the new added soil will give them two more weeks of no additional nutes. After that, I'll start small, half of what is recommended by the manufacture and go from there.

I noticed that the SLH soil dried up fast, like daily feeding. Then again it could be that they are under 600w HPS, while sitting in the air pots. Best bet is watch the soil. Don't wait till the top layer dries, in some cases it is a fast chain reaction from top to bottom. Stick your finger in the soil and feel the moisture/wetness.

Just have to dig around. I mainly read up on some reviews, check out some videos, read the description of the seed and go from there.

Jinx, I havent gotten my tangerine dream to flowering yet, I am just about ready to start cloning however the tangerine dream is probably going to either be the first out of my plants I clone or the last seeing it looks sativa dom so its probably gonna take longer than the others however barneys claims it doesnt and its a heavy yielder (again, as barneys farm has said). At the moment I have pushed mine up to 1450ppm and I think she can take more but my plants are going on 7-8 weeks into veg (making moms). This week I pushed the rest up to 1500ppm and they are handling it fine but my tangerine dream started looking a little sick thursday of last week, I dont know if she is drooping due to her needing more nutes (kinda pushing the nute limits I think), root bound or having PH issues. So I transplanted her to kill off 2 of those being root bound or PH (new soil). However the night I transplanted her, I walked in the room and tripped on a piece of plastic and fell on the tangerine dream.... Taking out an entire lower branch and a few pieces of some others.

I made 3-4 clones out of the brances that broke but I doubt they'll make it, they were loaded with N earlier in the week.

I'd point you to my journal rather than take up real estate here in this thread but answering high dives question... I did have a journal but it was deleted for whatever reason by staff or someone...no mods answer my PM's so I must have done something wrong so... whatever... woulda just been nice to be able to grab the info I wanted from it before it being tossed.

If you have any Q's about tangerine dream just PM me, if I can answer it for you I will.

I tried making canabutter the other day and the butter doesn't look green to me. Does the weed have to be completely dry for this to work? Hope someone with experience in making canabutter shine in on this.

Transplanted them into 1gal air pots.

Super Lemon Haze Clones:
MG_7399.jpg

SLH, Tangerine Dream, Violator Kush, Red Dragon
MG_7403.jpg

Waiting for the TD, VK, and RD to grow a bit before taking clones from, then off they go into flowering immediately. Doing SOG style. Already got 4 more SLH clones. They will be in veg state for 2 weeks then off into flowering. By then, the current SLH clones will be 1 month ahead.

Getting some Earth Juice this week too. Exciting times.

Man, I've been following some grows that utilize the air pots. I'm thinking of investing in them myself so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on them when you are done.

HighDive,

I'm looking forward to see how this progresses! :popcorn:

Ok guys I've been busy. Here's some updates on the girls.

MG_7414.jpg

MG_7409.jpg

Super Lemon Haze clones
MG_7411.jpg

(starting from top left) SLH clones, Violator Kush, (bottom left) Red Dragon, Tangerine Dream.
MG_7410.jpg

Got 1 clone from Red Dragon and Violator Kush. Will get more tomorrow, need to get more humidity dome. These are house holds items and recycle fountain drink cups.

They are all in flowering. I put in the 600w HPS since it has been cold lately, I could use the heat, and the plant with stronger light penetration over the CLF. It will takes couple more days before the SLH starts to shoot, while the VK, TD, and RD will start in a week, enough time to grab 4 clones from each and set that aside for next veg with the current clones.

I'm still enjoying the harvested SLH. Went from 5oz to 3.2 already. Hope I can survive until the next harvest, heh.

Man, I've been following some grows that utilize the air pots. I'm thinking of investing in them myself so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on them when you are done.

The pot have great design. I've used it on the previous grow and the root system was massive. It grew faster than the traditional pot I've used in my first grow. Get some and try it out yourself. The only thing I suggest is water it more often than usual. The holes along side the pot dries up the soil quite fast, not keeping up with watering can kill your plant.

it has everything to do with PH and PPM, nothing to do with the brand, and the change in the chemical breakdown of the nutes is fine as long as it is balanced and you go easy at first.

Thanks McCrackin!

Thanks ahead of time!

Hey Jinxster,
I am growing 3 Tang Dream girls right now and I will say she is a little fussy. 2 are almost 5 weeks old and they no dout need 3/4 to 1/2 nutes. I'm growing a Norhtern Light Blue with them and she took full strenght canna terra at 3 weeks and the T.G got a little burned. Also I put all of them under 600 w MH at 3 weeks and had to move the T.G. girls out of direct light and the N.LB. was fine.

Also I topped them at 4 weeks and used the tops for clones. They are a little over a week old and are struggling. THe N.L. is in better shape and I have a Barney's Lady Sun Devil who clones awsome.

All are in soil and the clones are Rapid Rooters under a humidity dome with t5's and use clonex gel.

Hopefully all struggles will be well worth it. Stuff looks amazing.
:goodluck:

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom