Tangie - 400W HPS & 300 MarsHydro LED - Soil - First SCROG

Okay so today is day 28 of flowering for the Tangie, she is doing fairly well I guess. This is my first time growing a Sativa dominant strain and I'm not sure where she should be at this point. The Indica strains I've grown in the past have always had more bud on them by 4 weeks. Here are a few pics, not much change from the last photo update.
IMG_106938.JPG
IMG_107042.JPG
IMG_107143.JPG

Today is day 14 for the SD and I have even more worries about her progress then the Tangie! She has stretched a lot and all her growth looks great and healthy but I'm not seeing ANY new pistils. I have never had a plant 2 weeks into flower still not showing any pistils. Kind of confusing, she is a clone of a female and has shown female pre-flowers so I'm confident she is still a she. I haven't seen any signs of male flowers on her so that's a plus lol. Here she is, if any one out there has grown Sour Diesel before and can chime in please do it would be much appreciated:thumb:
IMG_107243.JPG

And here are a couple pics of the canopy and a side view, the SD has grown taller then the Tangie. I just wish she would show some flowers!!
IMG_106834.JPG
IMG_107338.JPG

Had to do some major trimming to the Tangie last night as I found some white powdery mildew on a few of the lower leaves. It wasn't a whole lot and I'm hoping I caught it in time. I have been regularly checking for it as she has had some in the past when her leaves get to packed together. I think the fact that there were so many leaves and it has been very hot during the days (thats when the lights are off) and my circulating fans don't run when the lights are off. I do keep my exhaust fans on 24/7 so I thought that would be enough but it seems the heat was allowing too much moister to stay between the leaves. Fingers crossed I didn't shock the shit out of her removing so much! I now have the circulating fans on 24/7, one blowing over the top of the canopy and one blowing up from underneath.

Here is a before pic:
IMG_1080.PNG

And after:
IMG_107845.JPG

The trim looks good, for the sexing, I've found alot of people that have said that increasing the amount of phosphorus intake will boost the bud forming process. I'm using a Fumic Acid called Diamond Nectar, Liquid Koolbloom, and Mammoth P. Mammoth is extremely expensive, but all comparison tests I've seen have shown a 15-20% increase in yield. It basically creates more Phosphorus from the soil using micro organisms.

I only know what the books say on them compared to indicas as im on my first grow. But they seem to have more space in between buds, the buds seem more dense, but most sativa strains don't pack on the buds like indicas.

Overall your grow looks great man. I'd say you'll really start seeing good bud production in the next 2-3 weeks. After week 3 they stop producing new fan leaves and switch completely into bud producing mode.

The trim looks good, for the sexing, I've found alot of people that have said that increasing the amount of phosphorus intake will boost the bud forming process. I'm using a Fumic Acid called Diamond Nectar, Liquid Koolbloom, and Mammoth P. Mammoth is extremely expensive, but all comparison tests I've seen have shown a 15-20% increase in yield. It basically creates more Phosphorus from the soil using micro organisms.

I only know what the books say on them compared to indicas as im on my first grow. But they seem to have more space in between buds, the buds seem more dense, but most sativa strains don't pack on the buds like indicas.

Overall your grow looks great man. I'd say you'll really start seeing good bud production in the next 2-3 weeks. After week 3 they stop producing new fan leaves and switch completely into bud producing mode.

Thanks Ap!
I have dry Koolbloom that I added to the Tangie when I started flowering at 1/4 strength and it seemed to initiate flower production quickly. I however didn't add it to the SD when I started flowering... not sure why I didn't? I did give the SD a 1/4 strength feeding with the Koolbloom a few days ago, still haven't seen any flower production yet just a few pre-flowers with some barely visible pistils. I'm thinking I may have a light leak that is effecting the SD but not the Tangie. I checked last night while the lights were on and the only noticeable light coming from the tent was filtering through the exhaust ducting. The light is so bright inside that it literally shines through the side of the ducting, not sure my garage lights are bright enough to penetrate the same way but I am going to paint it black on the inside just to make sure.

The Tangie is 34 days into flowers and starting to produce more trichomes and she has a great citrus smell. Can't wait to see how that develops as she ripens up!:yummy:
IMG_110354.JPG
IMG_109943.JPG

The SD finally looks like she is moving into, she is starting to get that nice lime green at her tops that you would normally see at the onset of flowering. I'm thinking her slow response was from a small amount of light leaking through the vent duct. I covered the vent on the inside over the weekend and what do you know now she looks like she is starting to flower:thumb: I can't believe how much she has grown and now I worry about space as she is bound to stretch more.
IMG_109345.JPG
IMG_109545.JPG
IMG_109254.JPG

:goodjob:
The Tangie is 34 days into flowers and starting to produce more trichomes and she has a great citrus smell. Can't wait to see how that develops as she ripens up!:yummy:
IMG_110354.JPG
IMG_109943.JPG

The SD finally looks like she is moving into, she is starting to get that nice lime green at her tops that you would normally see at the onset of flowering. I'm thinking her slow response was from a small amount of light leaking through the vent duct. I covered the vent on the inside over the weekend and what do you know now she looks like she is starting to flower:thumb: I can't believe how much she has grown and now I worry about space as she is bound to stretch more.
IMG_109345.JPG
IMG_109545.JPG
IMG_109254.JPG

Still battling this damn WPM... FML...:straightface:

Noticed some more spores on some fan leaves on the Tangie, turned off every fan and surgically removed them trying not to touch any other leaves. I added another fan and moved my other one so they are both blowing straight down on the plants. I also ordered a small dehumidifier that I can put inside the tent. Hope this helps... Looking into Sulfur burners, anyone out there ever use one??

So far the SD is unaffected by the WPM

Sup J? Finally made my way to your grow. Lookin real good man!! Im growin some Sour OG, which is half of your SD Genetics. My plant went in 10-11 days ago and she's stretched an easy 7-10 inches at her tallest cola. I posted progress pics in my Yellow brick road journal. Im amazed at the stretch!!! Youre gonna have alotta buds when youre done with this grow!!!!

Sup J? Finally made my way to your grow. Lookin real good man!! Im growin some Sour OG, which is half of your SD Genetics. My plant went in 10-11 days ago and she's stretched an easy 7-10 inches at her tallest cola. I posted progress pics in my Yellow brick road journal. Im amazed at the stretch!!! Youre gonna have alotta buds when youre done with this grow!!!!

Hey Agemon thanks for checking out my grow! Its crazy how much the SD stretches! It's funny cuz I was scrolling through your journal and had to do a double take your Sour OG looked a lot like my SD in one of your pics. lol. I think we both are going to have some great buds come harvest time!!

Still battling this damn WPM... FML...:straightface:

Noticed some more spores on some fan leaves on the Tangie, turned off every fan and surgically removed them trying not to touch any other leaves. I added another fan and moved my other one so they are both blowing straight down on the plants. I also ordered a small dehumidifier that I can put inside the tent. Hope this helps... Looking into Sulfur burners, anyone out there ever use one??

So far the SD is unaffected by the WPM

I gotta friend who grows, he told me flat out to use the Serenade to fight WPM. It's good for all organic grows (if that's your thing) and you can use it up until a couple of days before harvest. I will be using it once a week from now on as a preventative measure. I've had the WPM my first two grows and it's starting to piss me off! I hate that shit. I think air flow is key but so is keeping the canopy thin enough to allow the air to move up, over, across, through, and throw in any other adjective you feel applies!

The only white I wanna see is the crystals on my leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta friend who grows, he told me flat out to use the Serenade to fight WPM. It's good for all organic grows (if that's your thing) and you can use it up until a couple of days before harvest. I will be using it once a week from now on as a preventative measure. I've had the WPM my first two grows and it's starting to piss me off! I hate that shit. I think air flow is key but so is keeping the canopy thin enough to allow the air to move up, over, across, through, and throw in any other adjective you feel applies!

The only white I wanna see is the crystals on my leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aint that the truth! lol

Thanks for the tip, I ordered some through Amazon and it should be here in the next few days. I haven't seen any new spots after removing some fan leaves and adding and re positioning some fans. I also added a small dehumidifier to the tent to help keep the rh down, just started running it last night so I'll check when I get home to see if its helping.

Thanks again for the input!:Namaste:

I pulled my first harvest of Sour OG in June, it's been curing for two months. It smells so good, I harvested a bit early cause I didn't want couchlock buds, but this harvest I'm gonna take her all the way to day 63. I didn't get too much my first go round, maybe an O. I'm hoping for 4 this time, but as I look at the plant I wonder if she'll produce that much. I'm still experimenting with how tall to let her go before flip. Mercedes is by far the tallest plant I've grown yet and I've got some ideas for the future.

Honestly I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with my SD, it has been under 13/11 for a month now and she just wont flower! Its the weirdest thing, I've made sure there are no light leaks, given a little extra bloom nutes and she hasn't produced any pistils. At this point I'm almost thinking of just cutting her down because she is taking up some valuable space in my flower tent and if she isn't going to bud I cant see wasting any more time and space on her.

In other and better news the Tangie is doing great and getting more and more trichomes, I'll update with some pics of both after lights are on.

Okay,here is the SD. As you can see still no pistil production no male flowers either. Not sure what to make of this? Should she stay or should she go??
IMG_114042.JPG
IMG_114339.JPG
IMG_113737.JPG

The Tangie on the other hand is looking good and getting stinky! She has a great citrus smell that I can now smell in my backyard when the wind isnt blowing too hard.
IMG_1144.PNG
IMG_114240.JPG
IMG_113940.JPG
IMG_113436.JPG

Back
Top Bottom