Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Thanks, Stunger.
Good info.

About CBD, I Googled "Does fermentation degrade CBD" and I got a hit that says CBD and THC start to degrade at 160F.

>> "CBD and THC begin to show degradation effects with decreased quantities at 160 °C. Other cannabinoids, CBD and CBDV, begin to show the trend of degradation at this same temperature. CBN is the primary degradation product of THC shows a maxima at 100 °C. While the temperature of 160 °C demonstrates the degradation impacts of temperature on individual cannabinoid quantities, the monitoring of CBN shows that these processes occur much sooner and therefore 100% efficient conversion is not possible."

I guess we de-carb THC at 110F, so it seems reasonable that some breakdown of the CBD could take place at 104F (especially if temperatures fluctuate).

They want $75 USD a sample for CBD testing (!) and I would want to send in two samples, which would be $150 USD!
I think I will have to pass...
I will just put whatever into the cob, and we will see how we like it :)
I am sure it will be good! :morenutes:

Last year I made 3 cobs from the same bud. The first one I started chomping into after 3 months. I finished that one last week.

The remaining 2 once done were left in a cupboard without being vac-sealed. The particular room they are in gets really hot over summer. Last week, I started consuming small bits of the 2nd cob.

I have been getting very nicely smashed on pieces even smaller than what I would take from the first cob. It has me wondering whether the high heat of the room over summer gave the 2nd cob some additional 'power'. Or else, it's just showing that consuming even a very small amount can give a surprising big result. Altho as Tangwena points out, that while the cobbing process can produce a powerful result, it does depend on the quality of the buds/strain used.

Thanks, Stunger.
Good info.

About CBD, I Googled "Does fermentation degrade CBD" and I got a hit that says CBD and THC start to degrade at 160F.

>> "CBD and THC begin to show degradation effects with decreased quantities at 160 °C. Other cannabinoids, CBD and CBDV, begin to show the trend of degradation at this same temperature. CBN is the primary degradation product of THC shows a maxima at 100 °C. While the temperature of 160 °C demonstrates the degradation impacts of temperature on individual cannabinoid quantities, the monitoring of CBN shows that these processes occur much sooner and therefore 100% efficient conversion is not possible."

I guess we de-carb THC at 110F, so it seems reasonable that some breakdown of the CBD could take place at 104F (especially if temperatures fluctuate).

They want $75 USD a sample for CBD testing (!) and I would want to send in two samples, which would be $150 USD!
I think I will have to pass...
I will just put whatever into the cob, and we will see how we like it :)
I am sure it will be good! :morenutes:
Just caught up here yes the buds were too moist you need to dry them slowly and then re pack them and reseal them to age. Dont worry they will still work.

Last year I made 3 cobs from the same bud. The first one I started chomping into after 3 months. I finished that one last week.

The remaining 2 once done were left in a cupboard without being vac-sealed. The particular room they are in gets really hot over summer. Last week, I started consuming small bits of the 2nd cob.

I have been getting very nicely smashed on pieces even smaller than what I would take from the first cob. It has me wondering whether the high heat of the room over summer gave the 2nd cob some additional 'power'. Or else, it's just showing that consuming even a very small amount can give a surprising big result. Altho as Tangwena points out, that while the cobbing process can produce a powerful result, it does depend on the quality of the buds/strain used.
Hi my friend yes ageing 9 months or more def increases the effects in certain departments.
Storing in warm conditions also helps a lot.
My daily dose is about 1/10th of a gram to 3/10th of a gram depending on how high I want to go ha ha.
Currently using Mulanje cobs from 2022 and getting really high more like when acid first starts effecting you the ride up not the full trip.
But the ride up lasts 6 to 8 hours of euphoric energized bliss love this stuff.

:oops:
:green_heart:

I have been getting very nicely smashed on pieces even smaller than what I would take from the first cob. It has me wondering whether the high heat of the room over summer gave the 2nd cob some additional 'power'.
:thumb:
Or else, it's just showing that consuming even a very small amount can give a surprising big result.
:thumb:
Altho as Tangwena points out, that while the cobbing process can produce a powerful result, it does depend on the quality of the buds/strain used.
I want to use top-shelf bud for all future cobs.
I would have been happy to vape that Blueberry Crystal, but I wanted to do a test batch on SOMETHING before I put the 11 Roses in cob.
I am sure it will get enjoyed.

Hi my friend yes ageing 9 months or more def increases the effects in certain departments.
Storing in warm conditions also helps a lot.
My daily dose is about 1/10th of a gram to 3/10th of a gram depending on how high I want to go ha ha.
Wow, that sounds great!!
Currently using Mulanje cobs from 2022 and getting really high more like when acid first starts effecting you the ride up not the full trip.
But the ride up lasts 6 to 8 hours of euphoric energized bliss love this stuff.
That sounds bang on!

Has anyone ever fermented mushrooms, to experiment for health benefits?

Wow, that sounds great!!

That sounds bang on!

Has anyone ever fermented mushrooms, to experiment for health benefits?
I just make lemon tea with my shrooms!!! Works great! Don't hafta choke down 3+ grams of actual mushroom material. Plus I love coffee. Happy Thursday!! 😎✌️

Has anyone fermented tobacco along with the buds?
And any tips?

And any tips?
I've not personally seen it but maybe make a mini cob with tobacco and one without and compare the finished product. I think as a whole plant product the entourage effect comes into play and I'd like to hope that the tobacco might instill something nice into the final product. I dunno. Might be worth a shot. Might invent something awesome!! Happy Sunday!! 😎✌️

I've not personally seen it but maybe make a mini cob with tobacco and one without and compare the finished product. I think as a whole plant product the entourage effect comes into play and I'd like to hope that the tobacco might instill something nice into the final product. I dunno. Might be worth a shot. Might invent something awesome!! Happy Sunday!! 😎✌️
Thanks, Scottay.
I am also thinking about fresh shredded coca leaves :)

And any tips?
I have not heard of that being done. But if you did, I would assume that you'd want to be assured that the tobacco was not chemically treated with anything that messes up the fermenting process.

I have not heard of that being done. But if you did, I would assume that you'd want to be assured that the tobacco was not chemically treated with anything that messes up the fermenting process.
Thanks, Stunger! I did not even think of that.
I guess I should experiment with growing my own tobacco.

I've got 7 varieties of tobacco seedlings right now...they'll be going out into the backyard/orchard/garden in a couple of weeks.
That sounds cool.
What state are you in?
(I will have to find out if I can even grow it here, because some things require seasons.)

Back
Top Bottom