Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

When I make wine I always freeze the fruit first to kill, or at least kill most of, the natural yeasts. Then I add a packet of store bought wine yeast. The natural yeasts can be used in some cases, but often give an ‘off’ flavour.. I’m not even 100% sure if it’s yeasts we are dealing with in cobbing, but if so then freezing seems like a bad idea.

Ok, being I led @SweetSue to this cobbing and it exploded into this. I have an idea I can't get out of my head. What are thoughts on making cannabis kraut? Sub in cannabis for the cabbage. I am planning on doing this with some trim in about a month. I think it will be a good experiment for about a quart jar of trim. It will not get the heat that we get here in the sweat stage. It will get a fermentation. This would be just for edibles not smoke. Family gatherings may never be the same.

On another note: we know that thc-a gets converted during a decarb. I am starting to think that there are other elements and things (Cannabinoids and Terpenes) that are converting to something else during the cob process. Just my thoughts cause the cobs are so dam good.

Just reading all your thoughts guys the more I read the better I feel. This forum is the most thought provoking of all the forums I have seen.
Just Meds i agree its the changes to more than the THC and the way those changes combine. I can feel it in the changed effects there is no other conclusion that makes sense.
Glad you beautiful people are enjoying the fruits of your labors it was my sole goal in posting this technique on the internet forums.
To get good people to enjoy their pot more its certainly worked with you guys, love it brothers and sisters this is only the tip of one of many big ice burgs.

By all sharing and experimenting some of you will undoubtebly hit gold with new cure results in the future.
I just wish I had photos of what the finished product looks like in the other cures it would help a lot and make unraveling the recipe so much easier.
Still this style still has many different levels as some are no doubt finding just from messing with the parameters mentioned.

I dont know about you but once I find what I like I tend to stop looking as hard ha ha.
My next grow harvest around Christmas I will try and make a totally different kind along with my favorite cure.
If I get it right it will blow your minds and start you off on a whole new journey ha ha.

Yesterday I had 0.4g of a very dark hash like cob of Panama x Honduras these cobs were made from the same plant same buds just differently cured to a brown/gold cob that is super euphoric and energetic.
The dark cob may as well be from a different plant very deep tranquilised tripped out feeling still driven but more deep.
After 6 hours of quite productive work I passed out into a dream world for 45 mins I dont remember even passing out I just melted down.
I liked it and on the right day it would be good but I prefer the golden brown cob high for everyday work much more up and creative.
Some of my friends prefer the dark cob as they were brought up on Indica type hybrids and find it energetic but for me the aromatic golden brown cure is the best for my taste and for this plant brings out its best properties.
There are other cures that will bring out even more goodness based on this result to my way of thinking less is more on this particular variety.
Time to experiment further.

I had the smaller bite of the Malawi canary (0.3 gr) today and it was the most wonderfully happy buzz. :slide: That dose lasted me about 4 hours before I felt the need to supplement, and even then it was more to join my daughter in her wake ‘n bake than because I needed the euphoric lift.

The Malawi cobs are coming up in 4 months now and are definitely improving with every taste.

Tomorrow I’ll try some of the more golden Carnival cob. I’ll do my best to keep the sample at a reasonable size.

@JustMeds, would it need to be fresh leaves to make canna kraut?

Here are some microscope shots of the 2 different cobs from the same plant.
The first 2 were longer cured after a 12hr sweat note the amber resin.
The second 2 were shorter cure after a 12 hr sweat note less amber more white.
Both same plant same buds just varying the length of cure only.
The first is very narcotic compared to the second which is very very euphoric.
i feel this illustrates very well the difference just varying one factor can make.

Here are some microscope shots of the 2 different cobs from the same plant.
The first 2 were longer cured after a 12hr sweat note the amber resin.
The second 2 were shorter cure after a 12 hr sweat note less amber more white.
Both same plant same buds just varying the length of cure only.
The first is very narcotic compared to the second which is very very euphoric.
i feel this illustrates very well the difference just varying one factor can make.

Now that's very cool, finding a narcotic vs euphoric effect just by differing one factor. Just a question though. How long and short were the longer and shorter cure exactly? They both got a 12 hr sweat but you didn't mention the cure time, just longer and shorter. Or did I miss a previous post?

Now that's very cool, finding a narcotic vs euphoric effect just by differing one factor. Just a question though. How long and short were the longer and shorter cure exactly? They both got a 12 hr sweat but you didn't mention the cure time, just longer and shorter. Or did I miss a previous post?
My bad I was rushing up ha ha.
Yes 2 weeks cure/ferment on the euphoric one and 4 weeks on the narcotic one. Thats why I recommend sampling weekly during the cure period.
One week and 3 weeks would have been different as well. If you have four cobs its cool to take them weekly one at a time.
On top of this you could have varied the pre dry periods as well you get why there is so much to test on each strain.
Add to that harvest windows and it kinda gets out of control hey?
I had 3 shots at the Malawi x Ethiopia and only got it right on the 3rd shot. Now i can start refining and tweaking that cure.
So you see its a lot of work for one person add to that all the different plants and you can see why I stick to half a dosen good strains its just to much.

Watching . Still 6 or 7 weeks away. But i am prepared hahaha . Be doing some ace beans next year just for cobs. One of my favorite herbs ever was Panama.
Hi my friend wait untill you see whats in store for you cobbed man. Its one of my favorite strains also. Try the 12hr, 2 week cure on it and you wont believe your eyes she's a stella plant I just cant get enough I have grown all 3 main phenos and their all excellent and very trippy sometimes too trippy.

I have the cross to Panama its outstanding have you tried that one yet? I am super interested in this strain.
Nice looking colors looks like it should be strong man.

Thanks :). It’s been my go-to cob lately. Even more than the GT. No I haven’t tried that cross. I did pollinate many of my sativas with a male Honduras at one point. But I haven’t dug back into that seed collection and don’t even remember what's in there. I’m almost certain I did cross it with my Panama though. GT and Thai and Malawi for sure. It’s funny- I didn’t really like the regular cured Honduras as much as I thought I would, but have really been liking the cob of it.

My bad I was rushing up ha ha.
Yes 2 weeks cure/ferment on the euphoric one and 4 weeks on the narcotic one. Thats why I recommend sampling weekly during the cure period.
One week and 3 weeks would have been different as well. If you have four cobs its cool to take them weekly one at a time.
On top of this you could have varied the pre dry periods as well you get why there is so much to test on each strain.
Add to that harvest windows and it kinda gets out of control hey?
I had 3 shots at the Malawi x Ethiopia and only got it right on the 3rd shot. Now i can start refining and tweaking that cure.
So you see its a lot of work for one person add to that all the different plants and you can see why I stick to half a dosen good strains its just to much.

That sounds like fun to me to be honest, I'd just want way more space than what I've got so I could really test it out. Hopefully with lots of peoples input you might be able to find a sort of upper, lower, and mid-point for certain things. Like 1-2 week ferment = euphoric and 4+ = narcotic. That right there sounds pretty useful.

I wonder what different effects you'd find if you compared a pure Sativa and pure Indica.

Has anyone tried a two-stage harvest 2-4 weeks (or longer) apart, with one harvest being pre-amber and the other being post-amber?

That sounds like fun to me to be honest, I'd just want way more space than what I've got so I could really test it out. Hopefully with lots of peoples input you might be able to find a sort of upper, lower, and mid-point for certain things. Like 1-2 week ferment = euphoric and 4+ = narcotic. That right there sounds pretty useful.

I wonder what different effects you'd find if you compared a pure Sativa and pure Indica.

Has anyone tried a two-stage harvest 2-4 weeks (or longer) apart, with one harvest being pre-amber and the other being post-amber?

The only problem with these things , I'm finding every strain is different. I don't think the 1-2 weeks = euphoric and 4+ weeks is a hard and fast rule. I think every strain has it's sweet spot. Just like I read and research for strains that will work for me and document the results so maybe I can reproduce them later. I think Sue brought that up. I have GigaBud which is a sativa that will enlighten the body and mind after 3 weeks+ of fermenting, and Ayahuasca Purple that will take you places, It's an indica but in cob form acts like a sativa. Add a little 73 micron hash to these and the experience is totally different.

Hey I'm no expert, I'm along for the ride like everyone else. I got some ideas I want to try, experimentation by the group will definitely redefine how we smoke MJ. Might make some breakthroughs on the medical side. Who knows.

ES

Hi my friend wait untill you see whats in store for you cobbed man. Its one of my favorite strains also. Try the 12hr, 2 week cure on it and you wont believe your eyes she's a stella plant I just cant get enough I have grown all 3 main phenos and their all excellent and very trippy sometimes too trippy.
I am quite excited Tangwana. Be cobbing some Sour Jack because that is what i have going but looking forward to growing some pure sativas next round.

Back
Top Bottom