Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Oh my gosh! I have two regulars, hoping for a female. I plan to have the cob cured by my birthday, beginning of December. :slide:

I have a used 4x4 up for grabs, if you're interested in covering shipping. I personally think it'd be cheaper to buy a new one. It frightens me to think of what shipping may be, but I don't need it, and I hate having it sit unused.

Thanks for the offer, but I also need more room for another tent. Currently using a large closet for a veg area.

Ah said:
ocean[/I]side paradise ;) .)

Thanks again for everything, bro, and if you run into any of "the gang" online, let 'em know that "S" remembers most of them fondly.

...Its still all good here Bud...some occasional chit...not like it was a few years ago...in fact buildings are popping up like dandelions, which is a little disheartening... as well, went to a little cantina where they cook the shrimp you bring in, and the place was full of gringos ! WTF!!...of course the price has gone up and the waitresses seem to be wearing longer skirts!...:rofl:...yeah, I miss the ole days and the characters sometimes...some "interesting" times...lolool...seems 4LIF3 has a time stamp...:rofl:...10 more daze and its back NOB, trading the Pacific for Gitchigoomi...you take care brotha!...cheerz... h00k...:rollit:

...Sorry all for the off topic chit chat..please resume thread topic...:rollit:

Well!???...that quote post didn't turn out as I expected... What's done is done...ain't gonna' try and fix it....cheerz... h00k...:rollit:

You know all of my threads wander into off-topic, don’t you? Lol!

Hilarious - this is the first time i've sought out this thread and I can see what my weekend reading is going to be! 12 :rofl: pages already. I've been watching Sue's cobbing in her perpetual and thinking i should get over here - saw the link in @lazyfish 's signature just now so I'm here and subbed, not cobbing myself at this stage (not cobbing any cannabis either...), here to enjoy the show!
:popcorn::popcorn::nomo::popcorn::popcorn:

This is an anaerobic fermentation, smell should be natural buds aroma plus mild sweet pickle like tones. Ammonia is not a good sign and a possible hint for mold/rot and oxygen presence.

Use your nose... it should smell yummy.

SweetSue, those cobs look dangerous! o_O

Hehe! Thanks repuk. I wake up every day ready to play with the universe. Today I woke with a giggle. Hehe!

MaddHacker.... cobs in the earliest stage? :battingeyelashes:

General thoughts on the process:

* Fluffier flowers mean a shorter sweat - 12 hours may be adequate - and watch the cob carefully because it may ferment faster in the next step.

* Alternatively, dense buds will benefit from a longer sweat - between 1-3 days, depending on density - and may be more pronounced in effect if left to ferment longer.

* In all cases, be attentive and thoughtful. Test at different points in the fermenting stage to learn your preferences. Trust the olfactory system to clue you to that point when it's ready for you.

* Keep notes. I can still remember when I started my first grow journal telling myself "I'm doing this so I can keep track of what I do in my first grow. It'll be easier to find in a grow journal." :rofl:

Take notes somewhere. I'm designing my personal style of documentation, akin to my plant flow sheets. It'd be nice if I'd do that for my bins of soil too.

Tangwena suggested I sweated my Malawi cobs twice as long as necessary, and recommended I cut the fermentation stage back. I'll be opening them for a visual and olfactory check on Monday.

Hi Sue - for the visual check, what are you looking for? I read on another forum that watching the colour was important in knowing when it is done., but they didn't explain it. I read above that darker = more narcotic.

Holy hell its going to be like end of grow trichome checking lol.

New member to cobberclub.

General thoughts on the process:

* Fluffier flowers mean a shorter sweat - 12 hours may be adequate - and watch the cob carefully because it may ferment faster in the next step.

* Alternatively, dense buds will benefit from a longer sweat - between 1-3 weeks, depending on density - and may be more pronounced in effect if left to ferment longer.

* In all cases, be attentive and thoughtful. Test at different points in the fermenting stage to learn your preferences. Trust the olfactory system to clue you to that point when it's ready for you.

* Keep notes. I can still remember when I started my first grow journal telling myself "I'm doing this so I can keep track of what I do in my first grow. It'll be easier to find in a grow journal." :rofl:

Take notes somewhere. I'm designing my personal style of documentation, akin to my plant flow sheets. It'd be nice if I'd do that for my bins of soil too.

Just to avoid confusion. I believe you meant to say sweat 1-3 days not weeks. Fermenting could be 1-3 weeks depending on bud density.....At least that's how I took Tangwena's explanation.

Just to avoid confusion. I believe you meant to say sweat 1-3 days not weeks. Fermenting could be 1-3 weeks depending on bud density.....At least that's how I took Tangwena's explanation.

Hopefully I can edit that when I get home Neiko. Thanks for catching it.

Hopefully I can edit that when I get home Neiko. Thanks for catching it.

Got it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm having a snack as I wait for confirmation on the hydration levels of the DC buds.

They've been holding at around 75% in this jar, without the slice of bread, since around 2 PM.

I'm being super cautious though. I tossed them into a smaller jar with the hygrometer. As soon as they register over 70% I'll cob them up. :slide:

Maybe bread isn't the best thing to hydrate with after all, lol? I came in from the grocery store "a while back" in pain AND with a full bladder, and just stuck my two sacks of groceries (canned goods, box of spaghetti) into the cabinet instead of taking the stuff out properly.

So I went to grab a can of soup out just now, didn't see it, figured out it was in one of the grocery store bags...

...and found a loaf of bread that'd been marked down to 55 cents <WHOOPS> .

I hadn't even opened the bread, since I'd forgotten about purchasing it that day.

It was moldy. Must have been viable mold spores inside the bag from the source. Maybe something like an apple slice IS a better hydration aid? I was thinking bread to be better than fruit because it isn't quite so moist. However (assuming one peels the fruit first), the inside of a piece of fruit is probably a "cleaner" thing than a piece of bread.

IDK. I ended up making a half-arsed hot dog soup.

Back
Top Bottom