Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Sue--Maybe I've missed this, but how long are you waiting post-wash? Wash, hang dry for a few hours, then start wrapping? Or wait longer after the wash?

You want to hang for 1-3 days before cobbing. You want it to the point the sugar leaves are pliable not crispy. I think if you were to cob it a that point where you might try to smoke a tester even though you know it isn't quite ready. That is about the 2-3 day mark for me strain depending.

You want to hang for 1-3 days before cobbing. You want it to the point the sugar leaves are pliable not crispy. I think if you were to cob it a that point where you might try to smoke a tester even though you know it isn't quite ready. That is about the 2-3 day mark for me strain depending.

Many blessings, Neiko, perfect descriptor for me.

Are you trying it, yet?

Separate: This Jillybean x Malawi seems like it's NEVER going to finish...

Many blessings, Neiko, perfect descriptor for me.

Are you trying it, yet?

Separate: This Jillybean x Malawi seems like it's NEVER going to finish...

I am dragging my feet on getting in there and taking down my Strawberry Fields. I will be cobbing everything that comes down going forward. The 2nd one to come down in a week or so will be the Carnival. That will most likely be almost all Cobs since that is too speedy for the wife so I won't need to save much of that for regular smoking.

I believe they’re done, but I won’t open them until later today. I have my coffee and conversation group this morning and when I get home around 1 PM I’ll crack them open.

I know when I open them I’m gonna want a sample, and I can’t risk being around others. Lol!

Hi Sue I'm most interested in your assessment of the differences between the cob and the canary. Is it worth the extra steps?

High and good afternoon.
Late but subbed up.
I have a big harvest coming up and this new tech just may be given a try!
:popcorn:

High and good afternoon.
Late but subbed up.
I have a big harvest coming up and this new tech just may be given a try!
:popcorn:
He's alive!!

Man I just finished reading from page 212 to present in Tangwenas thread--Tangwena--you're a legend mate. Not sure how often you're visiting this thread, but THANK YOU!

Going to try my dehydrator and corn husks with hemp cord. Really looking forward to trying this!

He's alive!!

Man I just finished reading from page 212 to present in Tangwenas thread--Tangwena--you're a legend mate. Not sure how often you're visiting this thread, but THANK YOU!

Going to try my dehydrator and corn husks with hemp cord. Really looking forward to trying this!
High Stoney.
Aint dead yet. lol.
Tanks for checkin on me.:peace::high-five:

Damnit Sue! Guess I'll have to try this on my Malawi...taking down an F1, TGA's Jillybean x Malawi soon here, will definitely send 2 Zs to the vacuum sealer. Maybe 1 in the fridge, and 1 in jars. a 3-way comparison!

Hope all's well in your corner, and thanks for this--another fun experiment!

Stoney

Hehe! Good to have you along Stoney. :hug: Having read Tangwena’s thread you can see the potential. :battingeyelashes:

Done??? After only 4 days???

They’re done with fermenting lazyfish. Because it’s fluffy buds I overdid the sweat and they started fermenting then.

@Oldbear , yes. It was worth the effort. As you can see, the canaries offer a very clear look at what's going on in the cobs.

As you can see, I got two different colors going on, and the canaries matched each one. Th daughter says the cobs are definately more powerful in smell.

The husks were damp, but as you can see, they were obviously different levels of moistness when I sent them into fermentation.

At 1:30 my time I popped 0.5 grams into my mouth. I'll chew for 15 minutes and then make a cup of tea. You bet I'll be drinking the dregs. Lol!

I'll be back later with a chew report. :ciao:

That looks great Sue......I'm interested in your report...for sure. :goodjob:

I’ll tell you it’s a more intense buzz. When I get really high it feels like I’m bouncing when I walk, and this method I feel bouncy standing still. Lol! When I move it feels like the air is parting to let me through, a new experience for me. The heart is racy, but in a different way than I’m used to, like it’s a deep rumble from within.

The tea won’t kick in for another 45 minutes, but so far I’m happy with it. I haven’t had anything to eat yet. I’ll do that now. It should kick it into high gear.

I’ll let them dry before sealing for the cure. My understanding is, let them dry completely on the surface.

Sue--Maybe I've missed this, but how long are you waiting post-wash? Wash, hang dry for a few hours, then start wrapping? Or wait longer after the wash?

Alternatively, you can dry low and slo and make the cobs when you hit the 80% RH mark. That's what I'm doing with the Jamaican I took yesterday. I figure a week should do.

Ok guys, it's been an hour. I wasn't expecting the euphoria I'll get with curing, but I'm mighty impressed with effect so far. After the first two stages I'm feeling this is more potent than the bud I smoked from my last Malawi harvest, which had a two-month cure when I smoked it last.

I'm getting spacial shifts and that delicious feeling you get when you moved but the world comes along just a step behind. Know what I mean? Hehe! In the beginning there was a bit of cardiac raciness, but that settled almost immediately. When the spacial shift hit the first time it was pronounced enough that it stopped me in my tracks. :yahoo:

I personally appreciate the wild ride. Not too wild, mind you, but my tolerance for intensity is probably higher than the average bear is comfortable with. I'm looking forward to the first month mark, when I'll break them out again for testing.

Tangwena was right about the smell. It'll hook you right off. I can see that most of my personal stash will be cobs. @neikodog, how I envy you an entire Carnival harvest dedicated to cobs.

Time to start another Carnival seed. This is my final seed in my collection, so I'd best treat this genetic line with greater care.

I’ll let them dry before sealing for the cure. My understanding is, let them dry completely on the surface.

Looking great. The canaries are less dense I see.

Holy hell I just realized the final smoke report is 3 months away. Hopefully a nice lady will post weekly updates HMMMM pretty please?

Beware some household vacuum machines can achieve fairly high vacuum levels, most are powerful enough to draw out at almost a bar pressure

Huh, learn something every day (if one is lucky), I guess. I had no idea that these things were that capable. Could have used one of those (with redneck adaptor?) a few years ago when I redid my buddy's a/c, LOFL. Was trying to pull a vacuum overnight to evacuate ALL of the moisture from the system, and the person whose garage I was using kept telling me an hour was enough.

I missed a bunch of the earlier posts in this thread. To be honest, I figured any thread that has Sue participating would (a) draw new people and (b) be one in which things get explained multiple times (because she is so kind, and her brand of kindness seems to be contagious). But now I am wondering if there are any previous posts in which people stated what brands/models of "seal-a-meal" devices are being used by people? (If there aren't, can y'all post that information?)

I'll be opening my first two tomorrow Governmentchz, but none of us has cured completely yet. Mine are coming out of the fermentation step. It'll be another three months before they're done.

Do these things contain more moisture than "standard bud being placed into a container for curing?" If so, that must be somewhat frightening to have to wait a few months to see if the result is fantastic, about the same, or... not usable.

Ohwaitaminute, I forgot who I was "speaking" to, lol. I think, if you fell out of one of your windows, instead of terror, you'd simply think, "Oh, a chance to experience something new, WHEE!!!" (I do not mean this in a malicious way, in case you hadn't guessed.)

I know when I open them I’m gonna want a sample

Sample! Sample! SAMPLE! ;)

I think I actually wanted to respond to ONE of the images, but since this reply setup doesn't seem to be able to show me the images, I have no idea which is which, so... didn't. I still cannot get used to all the (in practical terms) regressions with the software switch.

Hehe! Good to have you along Stoney. :hug: Having read Tangwena’s thread you can see the potential.

Or maybe this was the post that contained the image I was going to discuss. IDFK.

SweetSue said:
Th daughter says the cobs are definately more powerful in smell.

I assume she means this in a good way?

SweetSue said:
At 1:30 my time I popped 0.5 grams into my mouth. I'll chew for 15 minutes

If you ever see him again, please ask "R" to describe his bud-chewing experience. That was fresh-dried (uncured, not decarboxylated), and I cannot understand or explain it. Anyway...

Am I correct that at no time did the temperature of that bud get high enough for conversion of THCA into THC, that it was the fermentation process that did it? Or do I really need to go back and read this entire thread?

SweetSue said:
I’ll tell you it’s a more intense buzz.

Hey??? Hmm. . . .

Back
Top Bottom