Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Something just occurred to me after remembering some reading material I read as a teenager.
could he be talking about cobs in the HIGHLIGHTED area below "little smoke" ?

As a Teenager in the 70's I was taken with
The Teachings of Don Juan
had I think 4 or 5 in the series. At the time was NOT considered FICTION

"was published by the University of California Press in 1968 as a work of anthropology, though many critics contend that it is a work of fiction. It was written by Carlos Castaneda and submitted as his Master's thesis in the school of Anthropology. It purports to document the events that took place during an apprenticeship with a self-proclaimed Yaqui Indian Sorcerer, don Juan Matus from Sonora, Mexico between 1960 and 1965.

The book is divided into two sections. The first section, The Teachings, is a first-person narrative that documents Castaneda's initial interactions with don Juan. He speaks of his encounters with Mescalito (a teaching spirit inhabiting all peyote plants), divination with lizards and flying using the "yerba del diablo" (lit. "Devil's Weed"; Jimson weed), and turning into a blackbird using "humito" (lit. "little smoke"; a smoked powder containing Psilocybe mexicana). The second, A Structural Analysis, is an attempt, Castaneda says, at "disclos[ing] the internal cohesion and the cogency of don Juan’s Teachings."
I have no clue what you just said. LOL!
:passitleft:

I personally open at the time I take them out of the heat. To be honest, I never thought to let them cool to room temp first. It sounds like a decent idea.

What say the gathered crew? :battingeyelashes:

And hey.....”WOW!”

I’m thinking treat them like cheese and chocolate, always better at room temperature?:drool::drool:

That was something we researched in the Study Hall back when Cajun was still alive. He first presented it to us, and after digging deeper into the absorbtion of fatty acids we confirmed what he'd taught us - olive oil is a long-chained fatty acid, and their molecules are too large to go to the liver, so they get absorbed into the lymphatic system, avoiding First Pass metabolism, and potentially gaining more time for cannabinoids to find receptors needing their attention. It's why we choose olive oil for just about everything.

That, and the fact that olive oil can hold more cannabinoids than most other oils one would choose to make medicine.
I’m sure I read somewhere that coconut oil/butter is also one of the better options for variety.

Hey there stranger, glad to have ya on the cobbing train! You'll be cobbing everything pretty soon. I have so many cobs now I don't know what to do with them all. I could quit growing and smoke cobs for years I think. I'm thinking about making some cob oil, I guess that would be the next step in this adventure.

There’s an idea, could someone put one those babies in a Nug smasher! What do you all think?

:theband: :yahoo:

Speaking of adding flavors... Check this out. I've never seen this stuff.

1666059558076.png

:smokin:

Huh. My Grandma has a bunch of those that she uses for aromatherapy. Not canna ones, but they come in the same containers and are pure terpenes. In the ad they say to use it on concentrates but they don't mention flowers. I have always thought that if terpenes are at play in the psychoactive properties (which I believe it is the other cannibinoids, not terpenes) Then could you not just have a base bud, and drip the prescribed terpene onto the bud to get the desired effects?

Cheers,

Huh. My Grandma has a bunch of those that she uses for aromatherapy. Not canna ones, but they come in the same containers and are pure terpenes. In the ad they say to use it on concentrates but they don't mention flowers. I have always thought that if terpenes are at play in the psychoactive properties (which I believe it is the other cannibinoids, not terpenes) Then could you not just have a base bud, and drip the prescribed terpene onto the bud to get the desired effects?

Cheers,
I have no clue, I just come here to play. :laugh:
I was just thinking, when you make a cob you get some soupy juice anyhow... Are a few more drops of liquid going to hurt anything.
:rollit:

Here is their website.
Fogg Flavor Labs - Find YOUR Profile

"Terpenes are a large group of organic chemicals produced by a variety of plants. They generally have strong flavors or aromas, and are often used by plants for defense against predators. You probably are already familiar with many terpenes such as limonene - a citrus terpene found in many products including food, pinene - a common pine scent, as well as many common fragrances.
Terpenes are also what give each strain of cannabis its distinctive taste and is partially responsible for what is known as the "Entourage Effect", which is the aggregate effect of all the various cannabinoids and terpenes in found cannabis."

And per an amazon comment... "use code JSTAR15 for 15% off you entire order on their website"
It's still pretty pricey.
:smokin:

Hi all. Ive just started an experiment infusing finely ground cob into coconut oil. I'll post a summary once its been 'tested'.

Early results from the cleanup: Dabbing some fine grind on a finger tip and popping that in my mouth works very quickly, and its more pleasant (for some) than chewing a piece. Works well too for adding to food or drinks.

Hi all. Ive just started an experiment infusing finely ground cob into coconut oil. I'll post a summary once its been 'tested'.

Early results from the cleanup: Dabbing some fine grind on a finger tip and popping that in my mouth works very quickly, and its more pleasant (for some) than chewing a piece.

I don't know...:drool: I might have to verify your work. HA! :laugh:
:welldone:

I'm excited to say my cob's survived it's first week of fermenting. It's spent the week sitting on top of the router, not sure of the exact temp, but I'd be happy sitting up there :cool:. So it's in the ball park.

There were visible water droplets on the inside of the plastic when I unwrapped it, so I let it sit on the side for a couple of hours. Here she is.

008.JPG

The only odd thing is the naked cob feels cold to the touch, like weirdly cold.

The smell strikes me as one that'll need to grow on me, it's sweet and fruity, but I wouldn't describe it as pleasant, yet it's far from unpleasant. Really got Mrs Delores stumped this time, there's no watermelon there.

Can't wait to try some :D

Hi everyone! Just like @Piña Delores my cobs have now fermented for a week at around 28 degrees. They smell amazing! The Durban Poison smells totally different than the original and the Lemon Haze is even more lemony! I have a couple of questions. Firstly mine don’t seem to have any water droplets on them at all. They all feel just a little bit damp. How long should I let them dry out before I reseal the bags? Should they be totally dry to the touch? Also, as you can see from the pics, I unwrapped them from the cob. Should I wrap them back in the cob, or just put them in the bag? Thanks in advance! Photos are: 1+2 Grapefruit Haze, 3+4 Pineapple Purps, 5+6 Durban Poison, 7+8 Lemon Haze. Wish I could post the smells as well :)

Attachments

• DE2B5B4B-78B8-4636-A269-BAE9F49E21A0.jpeg
    DE2B5B4B-78B8-4636-A269-BAE9F49E21A0.jpeg
    658 KB · Views: 45
  • 98E62561-6711-46D2-9C95-380EFEC3795B.jpeg
    98E62561-6711-46D2-9C95-380EFEC3795B.jpeg
    772.8 KB · Views: 44
  • D5B1A38E-1BF7-47AE-9527-976E0422F914.jpeg
    D5B1A38E-1BF7-47AE-9527-976E0422F914.jpeg
    682.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 0AEEE7C9-0D2E-43AC-B96D-23E5EFCE93E1.jpeg
    0AEEE7C9-0D2E-43AC-B96D-23E5EFCE93E1.jpeg