Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Hi everyone! Just like @Piña Delores my cobs have now fermented for a week at around 28 degrees. They smell amazing! The Durban Poison smells totally different than the original and the Lemon Haze is even more lemony! I have a couple of questions. Firstly mine don’t seem to have any water droplets on them at all. They all feel just a little bit damp. How long should I let them dry out before I reseal the bags? Should they be totally dry to the touch? Also, as you can see from the pics, I unwrapped them from the cob. Should I wrap them back in the cob, or just put them in the bag? Thanks in advance! Photos are: 1+2 Grapefruit Haze, 3+4 Pineapple Purps, 5+6 Durban Poison, 7+8 Lemon Haze. Wish I could post the smells as well :)
The amount of water released depends on how moist the buds were when packed.
Those look perfect nice fermentation dry them until the outside feels dry when you handle them just a little moist in the center.
Then vacuum seal them to age/cure for a month or so inspect weekly open and dry further each time. The moisture from the core will spread throughout each time it is resealed. Eventually by the end of the month they should be dry enough to smoke.
You can sample a piece now and at every stage of the months aging/curing.
If at any stage you find a product you just love to death then fully dry at that stage and re seal to age.

They will get better as they age by 9 months plus aging they will be like canna champagne.
Nice job my friend done like a pro. Also you can re wrap or leave them naked it does not matter from here.

I'm excited to say my cob's survived it's first week of fermenting. It's spent the week sitting on top of the router, not sure of the exact temp, but I'd be happy sitting up there :cool:. So it's in the ball park.

There were visible water droplets on the inside of the plastic when I unwrapped it, so I let it sit on the side for a couple of hours. Here she is.

008.JPG

The only odd thing is the naked cob feels cold to the touch, like weirdly cold.

The smell strikes me as one that'll need to grow on me, it's sweet and fruity, but I wouldn't describe it as pleasant, yet it's far from unpleasant. Really got Mrs Delores stumped this time, there's no watermelon there.

Can't wait to try some :D
Looks perfect to me just follow what I posted for Bliss above you cant go wrong. Nice job now bring it on home.

Hi all. Ive just started an experiment infusing finely ground cob into coconut oil. I'll post a summary once its been 'tested'.

Early results from the cleanup: Dabbing some fine grind on a finger tip and popping that in my mouth works very quickly, and its more pleasant (for some) than chewing a piece. Works well too for adding to food or drinks.

So cool I made some with coconut butter. I kept it frozen and gave 4 doses worth of Panama butter to my brother in law telling him not to take more than a quarter.

Being a brick layer and working in the sun all day has effected his brain ha ha.
Anyway the butter melted into a single piece and on his way home from work on a Friday he eat the whole thing.

He was very angry with me the next time he saw me as he had spent the whole weekend from Friday night on laying in bed unable to get up and do anything.
His wife hates canna so he told her he had a bad flu ha ha.
Moral of the story stick to the correct dose ha ha and wear a hat in the sun.
The effects to me are quite different from raw cob so your in for a good time checking out the difference brother.

The amount of water released depends on how moist the buds were when packed.
Those look perfect nice fermentation dry them until the outside feels dry when you handle them just a little moist in the center.
Then vacuum seal them to age/cure for a month or so inspect weekly open and dry further each time. The moisture from the core will spread throughout each time it is resealed. Eventually by the end of the month they should be dry enough to smoke.
You can sample a piece now and at every stage of the months aging/curing.
If at any stage you find a product you just love to death then fully dry at that stage and re seal to age.

They will get better as they age by 9 months plus aging they will be like canna champagne.
Nice job my friend done like a pro. Also you can re wrap or leave them naked it does not matter from here.
Wow! Thanks so much for all the help and compliments :) I wish I could better describe the smells. I will see if my husband can better describe them and give you an update. This is fun!

Actually have another question for this fermentation group. The reason I stumbled upon this group in the first place was, that I was looking to see if there was any info on root fermentation. I have seen turmeric being fermented, so I got to wondering if you could do it with Cannabis roots. Has anyone done this? If not, maybe I will be the first to try!

Wow! Thanks so much for all the help and compliments :) I wish I could better describe the smells. I will see if my husband can better describe them and give you an update. This is fun!
I should have known you were a chick you are like Sue you just get it.
More power to you my lady you have done a very good job. What is it with women they have the touch maybe its in your DNA.

Hi everyone! Just like @Piña Delores my cobs have now fermented for a week at around 28 degrees. They smell amazing! The Durban Poison smells totally different than the original and the Lemon Haze is even more lemony! I have a couple of questions. Firstly mine don’t seem to have any water droplets on them at all. They all feel just a little bit damp. How long should I let them dry out before I reseal the bags? Should they be totally dry to the touch? Also, as you can see from the pics, I unwrapped them from the cob. Should I wrap them back in the cob, or just put them in the bag? Thanks in advance! Photos are: 1+2 Grapefruit Haze, 3+4 Pineapple Purps, 5+6 Durban Poison, 7+8 Lemon Haze. Wish I could post the smells as well :)
Nice colors.
:smokin:

Actually have another question for this fermentation group. The reason I stumbled upon this group in the first place was, that I was looking to see if there was any info on root fermentation. I have seen turmeric being fermented, so I got to wondering if you could do it with Cannabis roots. Has anyone done this? If not, maybe I will be the first to try!
Nope. We are in uncharted waters. But we’d love to follow your experience.
:passitleft:

Report on the Durban Poison cob after 1 week of fermentation. This is from my husband, as I have a very bad lung infection and cannot smoke at the moment. Smelled like cooked burdock root, with overtones of shrooms and a hint of citrus. Smoked very clean, very easy on the lungs, he is a cougher. Total cerebral high, made him want to create - he is a musician. Usually cerebral highs also come with adrenaline rushes for him, this one didn’t cause that. Can’t comment on how long it lasted, as he smoked before he went to sleep and fell asleep quite easily. Visually compared to the other cobs, DP left the cob purple!

Attachments

• 9C3AADFE-B9F1-4CAD-8BCD-A7612438BED4.jpeg
    9C3AADFE-B9F1-4CAD-8BCD-A7612438BED4.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 123
  • A8ABAC7F-C147-43D2-9D2C-921CE20BB9EE.jpeg
    A8ABAC7F-C147-43D2-9D2C-921CE20BB9EE.jpeg
    792.3 KB · Views: 115
Wow I am blown away by this final cob made with the very fruity and floral Guawi #2. I guided my brother through the process, but it is his cob and he has made all the final decisions. After the sweat of 110f/24hrs, it was sealed up without drying on 10/25.
It was opened on 11/5 and partially dried until it was sealed on 11/8. Today 12/4, I mentioned it still looks pretty juicy and he should open it to dry already. So we did, and it smelled beautiful! So fruity and briny it was exciting! It looks wild, like a piece of hanging cured meat. There is a crazy amount of "bloom", at first I was concerned it could be mold, but the white areas are crystallized, and became more so as the outside dried further. My heart is beating fast thinking of trying these cobs after ageing!
20181204_140900.jpg
20181204_135643.jpg
20181204_135543.jpg

Wow I am blown away by this final cob made with the very fruity and floral Guawi #2. I guided my brother through the process, but it is his cob and he has made all the final decisions. After the sweat of 110f/24hrs, it was sealed up without drying on 10/25.
It was opened on 11/5 and partially dried until it was sealed on 11/8. Today 12/4, I mentioned it still looks pretty juicy and he should open it to dry already. So we did, and it smelled beautiful! So fruity and briny it was exciting! It looks wild, like a piece of hanging cured meat. There is a crazy amount of "bloom", at first I was concerned it could be mold, but the white areas are crystallized, and became more so as the outside dried further. My heart is beating fast thinking of trying these cobs after ageing!
20181204_140900.jpg
20181204_135643.jpg
20181204_135543.jpg
Nice! I’ll admit, my heart rate is up a bit thinking of what those are going to be like... great work!

Great looking cobs Cola.

After the sweat and a bit of the cure, my cobs have shrunken considerably and I have realized that I went a bit too small. In the future I will use more cannabis.

But I gave it a test, while the taste and odor are not there yet, the buzz sure is. Very uplifting and happy. I see an improvement already from the original smoke. Another 3 weeks or so and it should be done.

20181204_140900.jpg
20181204_135643.jpg
20181204_135543.jpg

Hi Cola Calyx that bloom is a sure sign of things to come brother. Like a good cigar it brings quality to the table.
A bit of aging and drying and you will see what its all about my friend nice work.
I can't wait bruddah tangwena
This is a beautiful art form, I thought my days as a chef were behind me, maybe they've just evolved.
Woohoo I'm gonna hurt myself I know it

Back
Top Bottom