Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Maybe I'm missing the cob part. I thought you could probably stuff a jar as tightly as you could wrap a bundle of buds in corn husks? Maybe not though by the time you have bindings to tighten. His mention of pretty fermented buds was intriguing.

I could be wrong, but I believe he's referring to jars filled with cobs.

The corn husks do more than contain the buds. They have grooves that create more surface area. They're air permeable so gasses can pass through. Tangwena says they impart a sweetness and flavor you won't get any other way. Decades ahead of me with this process, living the euphoria I've been dreaming of every day..... Yep, I'll go with the husks.

And I'm thinking of taking a look at ACE sativas. He makes Zamaldelica sound like something I can't possibly resist. Loll!

On the Ic mag site they have talked about and posted pics of people sweating their buds loose in a vacuum jar. I know that there is a bit of condensation (sweat) that forms in the jars so you want somethin in the jar at the bottom that will keep the buds out of the puddle that forms at the bottom.

After that initial sweat they are then dried a bit as per the original recipe. You put them back in vacuum sealed jars and they hold their shape but still become colored like fermented cobbed weed does. Wait a couple weeks, have a look at it then determine if you want to keep with the wet cure or rather dry it and store.

I think Tangwena would encourage you to try it your self and see and smell and taste and take pictures!

@TurboBucket

I think if you stuffed a jar full you would have a hard time getting the thing out of the jar when you need to. The husks are a part of the reported traditional Malawi process and they definitely contribute to smell and the initial sweat, but they are also easy to take on and off. The vacuum bags can also be opened and closed repeatedly and the vacuum keeps air (and any reported mold) out. At any time you can take the whole cob out and allow the cob to partially dry if desired or sample it.

I think we're going to look back on this day warmly as the start of something wonderful. Can't you feel it? :yahoo:

Ok, who's in? :slide:

I've been meaning to dabble with this for many years now. Temps are a challenge... but I have some thoughts.
Holy crap woman... did you put those graphics together yourself?!?! Well done.
I might wonder about the flowchart tho.... should the re-vac exit link (if still wet) lead back to the "Sweat" step, or did you actually mean for folks to move forward if the buds are still moist?

Tead's in. Adding more hurdles to my lazy world dammit!

I've been meaning to dabble with this for many years now. Temps are a challenge... but I have some thoughts.
Holy crap woman... did you put those graphics together yourself?!?! Well done.
I might wonder about the flowchart tho.... should the re-vac exit link (if still wet) lead back to the "Sweat" step, or did you actually mean for folks to move forward if the buds are still moist?

Tead's in. Adding more hurdles to my lazy world dammit!
What the graphic says - and it’s not my work, but the work of repuk - is that after the sweat period, if there are no water droplets visible inside the bag, don’t bother to open it. Send it straight to the 7-14 day fermentation.

If you see water in the bag open and dry some before you reseal to ferment.

If you start with drier buds you won’t get the excess condensation, because the moisture permeates the bud.

You’ll thank me for this diversion Tead. This is not an indulgence for the weak of heart, or someone with low tolerances. You can expect to be flat on your back for about 15-30 minutes following your buzz as the brain trips out, to return with incredible energy and insight.

How do you pass up a chance for that, eh? Lol!

What the hell have I done.... LOL

You have ignighted an entire community JustMeds. Can you sense the growing excitement? Lol! The buzz I've dreamed of, almost within my reach. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :hug:

I just came back from Tangwena's and he's posted pictures of the process of vacuum-sealing loose buds, packed into a mason jar. I think it's worth a look-see. I found it interesting that the conversation took that exact same track on both threads, simultaneously. We're in sync guys. :slide:

I just came back from Tangwena's and he's posted pictures of the process of vacuum-sealing loose buds, packed into a mason jar. I think it's worth a look-see. I found it interesting that the conversation took that exact same track on both threads, simultaneously. We're in sync guys.

Nice. I was considering this a little more this morning. If positive pressure and lack of oxygen are key can we possibly displace the air with nitrogen? Or vac and then charge with nitro? They carbonate beverages with it, so sterility shouldn't be a concern with clean equipment. It's dry so no added moisture. Hmm may have to take an internet stroll.

Nice. I was considering this a little more this morning. If positive pressure and lack of oxygen are key can we possibly displace the air with nitrogen? Or vac and then charge with nitro? They carbonate beverages with it, so sterility shouldn't be a concern with clean equipment. It's dry so no added moisture. Hmm may have to take an internet stroll.

Oh, this is why I love these forums. Another enticing rabbit hole Turbo. Lol!

If someone was to read through the IC journal and reference some interesting experience post's using the cob here...LOL Some of the stories just make you say.... I have a day sign me up for that ride.

You have ignighted an entire community JustMeds. Can you sense the growing excitement? Lol! The buzz I've dreamed of, almost within my reach. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :hug:

I just came back from Tangwena's and he's posted pictures of the process of vacuum-sealing loose buds, packed into a mason jar. I think it's worth a look-see. I found it interesting that the conversation took that exact same track on both threads, simultaneously. We're in sync guys. :slide:

Glad you took the ball and ran. I followed enough of what you do here to know you would be interested. The heat mat idea is a good idea in my book. I think you could also maybe use a heating pad set on low.

Glad you took the ball and ran. I followed enough of what you do here to know you would be interested. The heat mat idea is a good idea in my book. I think you could also maybe use a heating pad set on low.

I figured the seed mat could be justified more easily as a hobby expense. Lol!

Green Santa shared a video of his cobs, unwrapped after the 7-day fermentation. He says the batch on the left wasn't opened after the sweat, I'm assuming because there wasn't any noticable moisture showing at that time.

This is a good look at what we're shooting for. The cobs didn't turn out as dark as he expected, probably due to the moisture content going in.

You’ll thank me for this diversion Tead. This is not an indulgence for the weak of heart, or someone with low tolerances. You can expect to be flat on your back for about 15-30 minutes following your buzz as the brain trips out, to return with incredible energy and insight.

How do you pass up a chance for that, eh? Lol!

Indeed... I'll have to get off my butt.
My tolerance is high, and I usually puff on as others sway, so my victims have learn to avoid keeping pace... this will be a vicious surprise I'll spring on them.
Tead is exactly evil enough to enjoy that.

Indeed... I'll have to get off my butt.
My tolerance is high, and I usually puff on as others sway, so my victims have learn to avoid keeping pace... this will be a vicious surprise I'll spring on them.
Tead is exactly evil enough to enjoy that.

I don't remember the last time I said "no thanks, I'm done" :rofl: I smoke continually through out the day, from wake & bake to crash and burn. I'm the definition of tolerance. The zig zag man has a tattoo of me ! I smoke more weed than Willie. :bong: Oh yeah, where was i..... uhh. Damn, slipped my mind. o_O

Give me 35 to 40 days and I'll have more than enough green, corn husks are on hand, but I'm lacking a vacuum sealer. Something else to add to the list I reckon. Thanks Sue. :p

Back
Top Bottom