Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

You are welcome! I hope you post some pics.

48 hours should be OK. You don't want them too dry so watch for that. One of these days I will so a side by side to see what cobbing fresh buds is like compared to semi wet.

What strain do you have there?
My grow is bag seeds. I lost 2 that were males and have 2 fems
Despite looking like essence of cannabis it has zero effect so its just colored water I think.

Thank you!

Em-1 is a soil innoculant, a probiotic for plants? How would that benefit cobbing?

Anyone have any insight here? :battingeyelashes::green_heart:
You might try Belgian beer yeast or yeast nutrients,or maybe corn wine sediment? I can think of lots of experiments if one has the time and resources. :smokin: I actually could see a possible benefit from the corn husk ,by the micro climate they create as well as other effects from enzymes ,etc that they might enhance or produce.

Looking good Yeti! I know you will appreciate this..... You know you can have 3 totally different cures now right? Just so we got ya thinking. If you take the rabbit holes take notes so you know which one you like.

Looking good Yeti! I know you will appreciate this..... You know you can have 3 totally different cures now right? Just so we got ya thinking. If you take the rabbit holes take notes so you know which one you like.
Thanks bud! This time I am trying to keep it simple and just do them all the same. It is for my wife not really for me. I havent even smoked in a while, mostly due to getting anxious after smoking. We will see how these work for her though!

@TheGreenYeti, WooHoo! :yahoo: And what a lovely plant you chose. :battingeyelashes: Those were some gorgeous flowers! :welcome: to your latest obsession.

I’d give them a try when the first month of cure is done Yeti. They don’t hit like regular bud at all, and a small chew may not effect you with paranoia.

You know, the acid cannabinoids are incredibly valuable for maintaining good health. You could chew on raw bud and assist your ECS mightily. Just a suggestion. You deserve the benefits of cannabis too, and those benefits don’t require you to get high at all. :hug:

@Stratholm, I’m certain the dampened cob will be fine. And thank you @tangwena, for the instruction to take a soaked cob out and let it dry every day.

I’ve been resisting th temptation all day to take my cola out of the soup vide. :laughtwo: It comes out tomorrow morning. Lol!

Thanks Sue I will have to look into it and think about it before doing so. i just know I do not need a trip like Tang likes to take lol! The eating raw buds thing may be a good thing to try though!
Like anything its dependent on the dose, micro dosing is very good just makes you feel level and calm all day.
You will be surprised at just how little you will need to feel great.
Not high just fantastically positive and enthusiastic about everything you do.

I had a dose of 0.01g the other day I felt the beneficial effects all day but not high just really positive and euphoric.
After about 3 months aging these effects reach their peak. You can start feeling them after one month but 3 months on they really come to the surface.

Of course effects depend mostly on the strain and time of harvest along with the cure.

Ok guys thanks for the run down. I will stop the sweat after probably 21 hours so I can try to get the dry outside skin before I go to sleep. Here are the pics of what I was working with. This was my Killing Fields B pheno:

I made 3 cobs with two weighing 30 grams give or take and the last one around 33-35 grams. The buds had been on a plant that was hanging for 48 hours before I started. I should mention that I used parchment paper to help me roll them up as I had no sushi mat.
Very nice Yeti! I'm excited to see how it turns out for you... Pretty sure you'll like the end result!

Can someone point me to the page with pic instructs?

I micro dose with ground cob.

I opened the cola today, 6 days in the sous vide and found mold. :straightface:

So.....there’s always some air in the bag, no matter how efficient your extraction machine. It occurs to me that when you have a wetter cob or buds on a branch, as in his case, it might be a good idea to open partway through the fermentation stage and let it dry ever so slightly?

As it was, a little mold won’t be a deterrent. I started dabbing at the mold with H2O2, and ended up giving it a peroxide bath. After it surface dried I opens the buds some and sealed it up to start the cure.

I kept a bud to smoke. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The buzz was amazing! Within minutes of the first couple hits I felt a tingling all over my body, more a vibratory rate than a tingle, and it felt like my body was trying to levitate. :laughtwo: The high was long-lasting, but what interested me most was how the flattened buds, although obviously fermented, retained much more of the berry/grapey smell the buds get. This was the plant that had more of a fermented smell to the flowers where the sister plant was more sweet berry, so I was surprised that so much sweetness came through. It retained most of the taste of DDA too, and it’s the tastiest chemovar in my arsenal.

I shared some with the lady of the house too, and her experience was every bit as pleasant. :slide:

From now on I do believe I’ll ferment the entire DDA plants. I’ll just be more alert to the mold issue.

You might try Belgian beer yeast or yeast nutrients,or maybe corn wine sediment? I can think of lots of experiments if one has the time and resources. :smokin: I actually could see a possible benefit from the corn husk ,by the micro climate they create as well as other effects from enzymes ,etc that they might enhance or produce.

Please don’t put beer yeast on your cob's unless it’s a tiny experiment. It’s a bit aggressive.

If we find mould can’t we re seal the cob and bring it to 100° in a pan, kill all mould and Re set?

And can we stop or retard the ferment with the same process?

Also that last set of pics with the mould don’t look like they were rolled or compressed before ferment, I think if ya don’t squeeze all the air out it’s risking mould.

So Neiko had suggested that I put my cobs on a heat mat to ferment since I have no other real suitable spot. I did and ended p having ore moisture inside the bags when I checked tonight. I opened them all and am letting them dry to the touch again. They are noticeably darker and smaller than yesterday. Was this the right move or should there have been more sweat in the bags? I feel as if there should not have been and I plan to bag them back up and vacuum seal them again and then put them on top of the fridge for the next week.

So.....there’s always some air in the bag, no matter how efficient your extraction machine. It occurs to me that when you have a wetter cob or buds on a branch, as in his case, it might be a good idea to open partway through the fermentation stage and let it dry ever so slightly?

I use the "OXYGEN ABSORBENTS" In the Test tube, placed in bag with
uncapped end. Not only does it collect the "REDRUM" It removes the oxygen
the vac missed

Attachments

• guawi_cob_reseal_week_2_2.jpg
    guawi_cob_reseal_week_2_2.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    587.2 KB · Views: 56
If we find mould can’t we re seal the cob and bring it to 100° in a pan, kill all mould and Re set?

And can we stop or retard the ferment with the same process?

Also that last set of pics with the mould don’t look like they were rolled or compressed before ferment, I think if ya don’t squeeze all the air out it’s risking mould.

Yes, that would kill the mold too. I like watching the peroxide chew through the organic matter that doesn’t belong there. :laughtwo:

I can’t seal it any more than the FoodSaver already does. It sucks all the air out and seals it. That part was out of my control. The reality of the situation is that when I use loose branches, lacking any of the careful preparation we advocate, I’m creating tiny pockets of air that this machine won’t get out. I think Gazoo may have the solution to this. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So Neiko had suggested that I put my cobs on a heat mat to ferment since I have no other real suitable spot. I did and ended p having ore moisture inside the bags when I checked tonight. I opened them all and am letting them dry to the touch again. They are noticeably darker and smaller than yesterday. Was this the right move or should there have been more sweat in the bags? I feel as if there should not have been and I plan to bag them back up and vacuum seal them again and then put them on top of the fridge for the next week.

You can have anywhere from no noticeable moisture to running liquids when the sweat is over Yeti. What I check for is the smell. If it has that sweet smell suggesting fermentation has begun I celebrate with a little dance of joy and let it surface dry before resealing.

You’re doing well. :thumb:

I use the "OXYGEN ABSORBENTS" In the Test tube, placed in bag with
uncapped end. Not only does it collect the "REDRUM" It removes the oxygen
the vac missed

I swear Gazoo.... you have this way of finding the perfect accessory. :hug: I’ve not checked into this product yet. Where do you get yours?

@SweetSue Its the moist stalks in my opinion I have had mold start in whole colas as well.
Cut out as much of the stalk as you can.
Also if you like the smell and flavor of the buds now, stop all heat and go straight to vacuum sealed cure at room temp.

I am getting unreal terpy tasty and powerful effects from my canary buds and whole colas with only 6 hours sweating and 6 days cold curing before drying to age.
Sensational sweet fermented fruit flavors and aromas. Devastating highs as well real seat of your pants flying high feeling.

I will be harvesting a micro grown Panama x Honduras in a day or so and will give it that treatment after 2 days drying.
I fully expect to have a candy bar of trippy euphoric energy at the end of 6 days cure.
Then I will dry it and do the aging for 4 weeks checking weekly of course.

Back
Top Bottom