Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

That woke me up faster than a double espresso ha ha. Make sure you let me know so I can follow along maybe even do a side by side ha ha.
lol I don't have a big space, and a 4 plant limit with one of those spaces put aside for a CB Dream fem. So I will pick 3 good looking seeds, with a "female indent" from the Mulanje x Swazi stock. With the hope I get 1 or 2 females. August 30th to Sept 1st will be when I drop my seeds for the next round. My short space (6 feet 5 inches, minus CMH light/ballast) means I will be tying down and flipping earlier than I should but, best to maintain control. Pretty excited to grow these.

lol I don't have a big space, and a 4 plant limit with one of those spaces put aside for a CB Dream fem. So I will pick 3 good looking seeds, with a "female indent" from the Mulanje x Swazi stock. With the hope I get 1 or 2 females. August 30th to Sept 1st will be when I drop my seeds for the next round. My short space (6 feet 5 inches, minus CMH light/ballast) means I will be tying down and flipping earlier than I should but, best to maintain control. Pretty excited to grow these.
Perfect we have similar grow restrictions and time table ha ha.
I too will be starting in September Malawi x Ethiopia and Mulanji 4 plants max.
Lets see how we go.

It seems like the ability to hold a specific temp under a vacuum (using the mason jar) would be convenient with sous vide and if it was a little sweaty you could pop the top, Pat down with a paper towel, reseal, and then drop it back in the sous vide bath.

I am also not growing, which was why I mentioned the move. Sucks don’t it.
Hi my friend sous vide works well I have a friend who is a chef and uses one to ferment his pot and make cobs any regulated heat source works well.

So I got a rosin press and you just know it wasn’t going to be long before I squished some cobs. It’s really stoney but tastes pretty bad. It’s pretty smooth in that it doesn’t really make me cough a lot. It’s good, but cobs are good enough already. Making rosin out of them is not really worth it, mostly due to the flavor IMO. I’m sure I’ll do it again regardless because I’m like that.

DEB1B2B5-60A5-49B7-B4ED-BD1D9D221D8F.jpeg
91A28530-47DB-476C-8629-8E364A0930ED.jpeg
FE11EA8C-4974-4225-B54C-7871FB7EA187.jpeg
57F33DA1-F972-4A7A-A662-1721D2E4B25D.jpeg

:passitleft:

So I got a rosin press and you just know it wasn’t going to be long before I squished some cobs. It’s really stoney but tastes pretty bad. It’s pretty smooth in that it doesn’t really make me cough a lot. It’s good, but cobs are good enough already. Making rosin out of them is not really worth it, mostly due to the flavor IMO. I’m sure I’ll do it again regardless because I’m like that.

DEB1B2B5-60A5-49B7-B4ED-BD1D9D221D8F.jpeg
91A28530-47DB-476C-8629-8E364A0930ED.jpeg
FE11EA8C-4974-4225-B54C-7871FB7EA187.jpeg
57F33DA1-F972-4A7A-A662-1721D2E4B25D.jpeg

:passitleft:
You answered a question I had in my mind lol, but the result seems to be much like I had guessed it might. Interesting. Very cool
:lot-o-toke:

Seeing DrDoobs post reminded me of my cob in ferment. Time to cut it open and dry it out a bit before re-sealing.

This was a lot of wet material when I started. It has compacted significantly. This is pliable but dense. I hope it’s got some kick lol.

Seeing DrDoobs post reminded me of my cob in ferment. Time to cut it open and dry it out a bit before re-sealing.

This was a lot of wet material when I started. It has compacted significantly. This is pliable but dense. I hope it’s got some kick lol.

Wow UA! Dark usually translates into nicely narcotic. You should be in for some fun in a few weeks. :laughtwo:

Doob.... nice press. :high-five: It’s a shame it tasted so bad. It took me a while to get used to the taste of chewing too, but now it’s the way I start every day.

Of course Dark Devil Auto cobs are black as can be anyway. No narcotic high with DDA. It’s straight up, “Hello universe, I’m ready to play?” kind of cob. :laughtwo:

If I needed fast CCO in a pinch, and cob was all I had on hand I now know I could pull out the mini forge and press away.

I’d be more inclined to infuse cob for medicinal purposes. Thanks for the demo. Next time try a tastier cob, if such a thing is possible.

Thanks Sue. Not much expectation from this cob. My auto was pretty poorly developed, although sticky, so not a lot of confidence in the cob being effective.

On the bright side I will be harvesting 3 kush and a Gods AK47 this weekend. I will make 3 or 4 proper cobs from those and finally start a bit of a cob collection with those. Next up is the Mulanje x Swazi seed drop specifically with cob creation in mind.

Guys try to aim for the more colorful less fermented cures if your after better taste and flavor.
Check out this sour diesel cob by a good friend first pic is after a short sweating.
second after a couple of months aging check out the crystallization (bloom) he reports it is extremely potent even in very small doses.

user488381_pic1890145_1538973777.jpg
user488381_pic1966407_1565379669.jpg

Guys try to aim for the more colorful less fermented cures if your after better taste and flavor.
Check out this sour diesel cob by a good friend first pic is after a short sweating.
second after a couple of months aging check out the crystallization (bloom) he reports it is extremely potent even in very small doses.

user488381_pic1890145_1538973777.jpg
user488381_pic1966407_1565379669.jpg

Hey Tangwena, how long do you suggest to sweat the cobs for? Still at 40 degrees?
And should the fermentation be shorter than a week?

Hey Tangwena, how long do you suggest to sweat the cobs for? Still at 40 degrees?
And should the fermentation be shorter than a week?
Hi my friend
I am regularly using 6 to 12 hours at 40c but you can do 24 hrs at 36c for similar results.
The fermentation can be less than a week depending on the result your after.
6 days is usually enough then on to surface drying and aging inspecting weekly.
This will give you a more colorful aromatic cure.

If at any stage you smell something you like then dry more fully and start aging.
The aging process is just as important as any of the others.

For instance fully drying and aging at any early stage can bring spectacular aromatic cures.
There is no end to the variations you can get with experience, just get the sweat and fermentation started and the rest you can manipulate to your desired taste.

Hi my friend
I am regularly using 6 to 12 hours at 40c but you can do 24 hrs at 36c for similar results.
The fermentation can be less than a week depending on the result your after.
6 days is usually enough then on to surface drying and aging inspecting weekly.
This will give you a more colorful aromatic cure.

If at any stage you smell something you like then dry more fully and start aging.
The aging process is just as important as any of the others.

For instance fully drying and aging at any early stage can bring spectacular aromatic cures.
There is no end to the variations you can get with experience, just get the sweat and fermentation started and the rest you can manipulate to your desired taste.

Thanks Tangwena, next time I'll try a shorter sweat. My last few batches I tried sweating for 24 hrs at 36 degrees, and it was a great improvement over 40. I haven't seen those cobs in 6 weeks, and it'll be another 10 days before I'm home again. I am so curious to see what they're like now.... My tolerance level is back down to a normal level, and I think I will experience the cobs' effect properly for the first time. Needless to say I can't wait to try them :yahoo:

My recent cob using my autoflower was accidentally left in the sweat for 36 hours and fermented for a week. So it’s dark. I won’t make that mistake with these.

I harvested my Jordan of the Islands crop on Friday. It’s been hanging for two days. I grabbed about 1/5 to 1/4 of my harvest for these.

One is 50 grams and the other 70. They are wrapped up in a slightly moist towel and then wrapped up in a seedling heat mat. Might only leave them for 12 hours this time. We will see.

Purple Honduras x Panama cobs fresh and 2 weeks later drying.
Top cob in pics 2 and 3 has just been unwrapped from maize skin and is still moist.
The bottom was a skinless cob and has been air dried for 5 hours.
Both smell incredible I hope to keep that aroma by not letting them ferment any further just dry and age sealed up.

phpcob.jpg
img_5493-web.jpg
img_5493 (2)-web.jpg

Gosh.... such tasty delights. :drool:

Today I decided to change it up and see what I’d get with just 0.1 gr of cob instead of 0.2 gr. Here I am, 3.5 hours later and I feel absolutely marvelous. This really is a case of less being just as effective as more.

Fascinating....I wouldn’t have thought my system would appreciate the step back, and it’s actually doing quite well on a reduced dose.

This is as surprising to me as the increased euphoria I’m experiencing mixing Carnival and Candida buds to get a balanced THC:CBD ratio. All along I’ve resisted balancing the ratios because I thought it’d destroy the euphoria I’d come to love. Come to find out it’s even better.

I’m getting really excited about trying some of Chris Scorpio’s higher CBD cobs next week.

Your mind and body is getting tuned in now Sue.
I had the smallest dose of Malawi x Ethiopia year old cob and a tiny amount of fresh 2 week old cured cob of Purple Honduras x Panama.
I didn't weigh it but total no more than 0.1g I am sure and it had me right on the edge of nirvana it was great.
I thought it was just me but the strength was mind blowing.
A larger dose would have been stronger but not necessarily better.

Hearing that from someone like yourself gives me hope that I'm not loosing my mind ha ha Love it.

Shortened the sweat to 15 hours. Thicker cobs. Then sweat for only 5 days.

The big cob started at 70 grams and has lost considerable amount of weight. Half of this cob was taken out of sweat a day or so ago. Down to 51 grams and I am letting it dry completely now to end the ferment. The second cob was started at 51 grams and is now down to 41.

Good call on ending fermentation they should age nicely now.
The initial fermentation and sweat can be very short even a few hours then dried and aged it will give more aromatic results and a freakier type of high more upbeat.

I have some early picked Purple Honduras x Panama done with super short sweat and ferment.
I was going to give them away but even after only aging for 2 weeks the effects are right up my ally.

Very euphoric and crazy laughing fits just my kind of high.
So they will be dried and aged to see where the high goes its blown me away.
They could have gone another 2 weeks easily.

Back
Top Bottom