Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

You know, when you're really high it can be a challenge to do a simple edit. :rofl:

If you're editing because you left a closing tag, such as
Code:
[/b], [/i], or [/u]
out, or screwed one of them up... then it's not all that simple. This jewel then places a pair of those tags around every following paragraph that you then have to remove. I created a post and submitted it, only to realize that I'd made a LITTLE goof and 85% of the post was in bold print. So I clicked on the edit button and saw bold TAGS around all the paragraphs from that point, on. Even the one that I had intended to be in bold - that one ended up with a double set of the things. I looked at it and wondered if I'd lost my mind. "Surely I didn't put all of those in there?!" But I had a little oops a week or so later and figured out that, no, it wasn't ME that was a little mentally deficient.

So I hope everyone is extra careful with their formatting. Otherwise, there'll be some work involved in repairing your post, lol.

combine that CBG with THC and you potentiate the available pain relief. Cannabinoids and the ECS are so cool. :green_heart:

I'd hoped that when I mentioned CBG (or whoever it was that opened that portion of today's discussion, if it was someone else) that I'd see a bunch of replies about people's experiences and which strain(s) they'd found that seemed to have the most. But it hasn't received a great deal of attention, as of yet. But tomorrow is another day. . . .

I'd hoped that when I mentioned CBG (or whoever it was that opened that portion of today's discussion said:
If you go to aceseeds.org you can look at the test results for most of their strains. They have quite a few that are high in cbg. This discussion came up and Dubi who is one of ACE's breeders pointed to the Central American sativas being high in cbg. I know Panama and Tikal are high in cbg.

Sorry @Governmentchz I got to figure out how to upload a pic that was texted to me. I'm sure it's not hard I just haven't done it. I will try tonight when I have more time. Maybe shoot me a reminder......I tend to forget :ganjamon:

Maybe this will help?
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Doggone it, I was actually starting to feel like I could fall asleep. Then I looked outside... and the sun is coming up. I guess I'll go ahead and crash, and hope I manage to hear my phone. Who am I kidding, I just hope it rings. I offered to replace an axle half shaft in a lady's Pontiac, maybe she'll call. Something I've done all of three times, the most recent about twelve years ago... with air tools and a lift. But the first time was on my own PoS, no lift, some tools, and mud. And when a man gets hungry enough, well... Add "buckets of determination" to what I DO have, I reckon.

Good... day, all. Going to crash for a couple hours.

Many moons ago I had a friend who was full blooded American Indian (Hope I believe) but he gave me some cannabis (my first time ever eating/chewing it) He called it Chamba. We got it from his uncle who was very versed in Shamanic plants/treatments. Has anybody heard of this? Is it possible this could be Cobbed cannabis?? It WAS outta sight!!! I ate it early morning & it lasted allllll day. Huge shit eatin grin on my face the whole time. All was right in the world during those several hours. This happened back in the early 80s. Definitely one of the best buzzes from cannabis I've ever had hands down. From all the experiences on this thread it seems that it may have very likely been cobbed cannabis. Let me know what y'all think.

hey neiko wow i dont no what to think of that have you tried any of it what does it taste like?
Yeah I've tried it. It is too early in the process to give you a proper report but the test was so promising I think I'll be cobbing most of my future sativa harvests. The smoke was so smooth it was like breathing air. The buzz is very clear, energizing, mood enhancing and it lasts all day if you eat it. I guess it just gets better from there.

Many moons ago I had a friend who was full blooded American Indian (Hope I believe) but he gave me some cannabis (my first time ever eating/chewing it) He called it Chamba. We got it from his uncle who was very versed in Shamanic plants/treatments. Has anybody heard of this? Is it possible this could be Cobbed cannabis?? It WAS outta sight!!! I ate it early morning & it lasted allllll day. Huge shit eatin grin on my face the whole time. All was right in the world during those several hours. This happened back in the early 80s. Definitely one of the best buzzes from cannabis I've ever had hands down. From all the experiences on this thread it seems that it may have very likely been cobbed cannabis. Let me know what y'all think.
Hi my friend I dont know if its a coincidence but in central Africa grass is called by many local names Mbungi and Chamba are both used in Malawi, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
So its very likely it could have been from there or it may be just a coincidence and the Hope use a similar name for the same thing.

Ok cob crew. Here are a couple of pics from Gov's cob. He can fill ya in on the details he just can't post pics.

Thanks dude. I made 2 different cobs. They look a little different in those pics, but that was just the lighting. The bottom pic is what they look like in decent light. The smell was very pleasant though not overpowering. This strain is always SUPER-funky after only a week in the jar and just cracking the jar to take a whiff will smoke out a room. These cobs are about 5" long and roughly 1/2" diameter. I didn't strip buds to compress and roll. Rather, I took 2 medium branches and clipped the top colas after they had been hanging 3 days, so there're stems in the core of each cob. I wasn't sure if that was an issue, but I'm lazy, so...

Also, I haven't smoked anything in over 3 years (Marlboro reds for 32 years and weed about 33...lmfao), but now I have an extensive collection of portable and desktop vaporizers. Aside from some hash-making and rosin squishing, my own 3-month cured flowers have been my sole supply for the last 5 years or so (been in the kit for the last 3+).

Having said that, I'm still not giddy with excitement to dose my cannabis like a bag of Redman 'backy.

Yeah I've tried it. It is too early in the process to give you a proper report but the test was so promising I think I'll be cobbing most of my future sativa harvests. The smoke was so smooth it was like breathing air. The buzz is very clear, energizing, mood enhancing and it lasts all day if you eat it. I guess it just gets better from there.
damm that sounds promising now im getting excited and ill have a harvest coming up soon!

Hi my friend I dont know if its a coincidence but in central Africa grass is called by many local names Mbungi and Chamba are both used in Malawi, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
So its very likely it could have been from there or it may be just a coincidence and the Hope use a similar name for the same thing.
Hiya Tang!!! Veryyyy interesting fact!!! I love this thread!! I'd about lay money that it was possibly the same thing! All I can say for sure is that I have never had ANY buzz from cannabis that matched that buzz. I appreciate you responding! I can't wait to make my own! On a different note I'd love to read your thread on IC. Could you pm the link to that thread. I hope your day is green and happy my friend. :rollit::volcano-smiley:

How'd you figure out what size his fingertip is?

That would have come in handy when dumb husbands used to send their dumber wives into the hardware store to pick up a fitting and the wives would say things like, "He said to tell you his thumb fits in it."

A question for whoever, if I may, re the drying and curing process.
In a nutshell- we are:

1-sweating the sealed cob for a day or two at high temps.

2-fermenting the sealed cob for a week or two at warm temps

3- Curing.

After stage 2 is done are we effectively finished cobbing?

At that point the descriptions of the process get a little more varied.
But it seems to me that once we've reached the end of the fermenting process -we are on to a *normal curing process. Yes?

Whatever 'normal' might mean to you.

It seems like at this point, post-ferment, I could treat the cobbed bud as any other bud, dry the cob to around 60% RH and jar it for the cure. Correct? I don't see the need for any higher moisture level, gradual drying, or for the vac seal. Or am I missing part of the process?

Thanks guys. :passitleft:

A question for whoever, if I may, re the drying and curing process.
In a nutshell- we are:

1-sweating the sealed cob for a day or two at high temps.

2-fermenting the sealed cob for a week or two at warm temps

3- Curing.

After stage 2 is done are we effectively finished cobbing?

At that point the descriptions of the process get a little more varied.
But it seems to me that once we've reached the end of the fermenting process -we are on to a *normal curing process. Yes?

Whatever 'normal' might mean to you.

It seems like at this point, post-ferment, I could treat the cobbed bud as any other bud, dry the cob to around 60% RH and jar it for the cure. Correct? I don't see the need for any higher moisture level, gradual drying, or for the vac seal. Or am I missing part of the process?

Thanks guys. :passitleft:
Hi my friend.
Thats where it differs from jar curing it carries on changing during the 3rd stage just at a slower rate it needs a little more moisture content than you need to jar cure.
Once you dry it it stops dead and just fades not cures.
For the best results keep a little moisture in the buds/cobs to carry on the changes.
As they will be susceptible to mold they need to be kept in a vacuumed bag.
This cure is nothing like jar curing.
After the 3 months aging you can dry and jar if thats your prefered storage method but I find vac sealed even dry the best way for storage.
This is not a mechanical process and thats why there are a lot of variations its not a set and forget process.
Each person will develop their own technique that suites their buds and the effects they seek. But basically following the recipe will get you into the ball park then you can use your own personal touches to improve the result.

I seen this on the tube.

Malawi Cob

That was sad, in that they don’t bother to ferment and cure them in the traditional way, just cob them for easy transport and stealth.

I want to believe that there are still growers who do it the traditional way. It’d be a shame if the practice died off in the country because of fast money.

We’ll do our best to learn it and pass the new traditions on.

They’re drying overnight before moving to the closet with the rest of the class.

Got you Doob. :rofl: I got Tead and Rifleman excited enough to join the fun too, despite their aversion to these fast-running threads. :slide:

You trim your buds as you normally would, cutting them from the branches. repuk suggested a sushi rolling pad for the compression step, and I may search one out to see how much better it'd work, but I simply smashed them together and rolled it in the husks. You want an even cigar shape.

Loose buds, squashed together and rolled as tightly as possible.

Well hello Madacker. :hug: And this is what drew you from the shadows? Mmm.....a man after my own heart. :battingeyelashes: Welcome to our latest brainstorming endeavor.

I'll be starting a grow with Timber Lights in late May, and it's gonna have a Columbian Gold that should be cob cured by my birthday in early December. :yahoo: That's gonna be extra-special fun.

Before I run off to lunch with my senior friends, I'll share my pictures of the sweated cobs. They look perfect to my untrained eye.

They'll rest on the floor of my Timber tent.

It's maintaining the perfect temperatures for fermentation.

The smell....... Whoa! And they've just begun the process. Tangwena assures me they'll be a fragrance I'll want to repeat over and over again.

Running late. I'll be back later. :ciao:
Ok, so we are reading up round two...on page 10 now so a long way to go. You speak about the smell Sue and how strong they are. Are we talking an over powering weed smell? I ask this as stealth (even in a legal state) is important to us living in a duplex. I don't want overpowering smells permeating to the landlord! Having said that....if its not any worse than normal drying process, then it shouldn't be bad. Perhaps keep them in the flower tent in a closed box so the carbon filter can do its magic.

I just want to prepare or have a game plan going into this. We are 5 weeks out from a harvest but I am excited to try this!

Back
Top Bottom