Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

High guys,

@repuk, I'm curious about the weaker cob that you smokes and chewed. Was the high as expected? Still for a smoother smoke, why not.

I tried a taste of rehydrated bud cobbed for just over 2 weeks total. Chewing was fine at first, then a very acidic taste came through (about .3g). Swallowed after 10 min, as taste was too strong. No unusual effects. I want to try smoking some cob next time. A smoother smoke would be very nice. Next harvest I'll make a stash of cobs! Sounds like fun!!

Let’s keep in mind that even those we don’t think are potent in the way we’d hoped still have months ahead curing. It’s gonna get more and more interesting as we go along. :slide:

@tangwena, it’s not tolerance, so much as a soaring appreciation for a stratospheric buzz. :battingeyelashes: I do have a legendary level of consumption, and I’m always seeking out ways to make things more.......I’ll go with exciting. Lol!

High guys,

@repuk, I'm curious about the weaker cob that you smokes and chewed. Was the high as expected? Still for a smoother smoke, why not.

Effect-wise was the same as jarred buds... lacked potency. Smoke-wise, night and day difference, it was really enjoyable, much more than regular buds; for those who like cigars, the difference is the same as smoking a cigarette vs a premium cigar... organoleptic experience!

Chewed was different, I didn't feel any kind of high, just felt a noticeable above-average wellbeing and good mood... suddenly I felt the need of trimming, pruning and shaping the trees in my orchard, got soooo carried away and absolutely inmersed on the duty to the extent of totally missing the China F1 GP I was about to watch! around 4 hours non-stop...

@tangwena: thanks! I had a really good master! :Namaste:

Well had to pull the cob out and check it out tonight. It weighed 30g going in, it weighed 27.5g tonight. I pulled off a .5 gram piece and the little canary bud I left out. In the name of science. I am chewing .25g right now so we have that to go from. The smell is a sweet smell not unpleasant in any way. The taste is a little what I might call like spicy grass. It is like a pepper type taste.

Sorry for my short attention span...but how long was it sealed?

March 30th it got rolled and put in the Cobatron to sweat. Then I turned down the temp in the Cobatron to 28c and its been in there since.

Ok cobblers......question here.....is there any way to do the 48 hour sweating process without having to vacuum seal the cob?? I can get my paws on some pretty fresh plant material.......just wondering if there's any different way than vacuum sealing it like I've been seeing. Thanks in advance for any help!!:rollit::volcano-smiley:

Ok cobblers......question here.....is there any way to do the 48 hour sweating process without having to vacuum seal the cob?? I can get my paws on some pretty fresh plant material.......just wondering if there's any different way than vacuum sealing it like I've been seeing. Thanks in advance for any help!!:rollit::volcano-smiley:
I think the vacuum sealing is what prevents mold.

I think the vacuum sealing is what prevents mold.

Yes it does. If you’re going to try without it’s just a little riskier. nivek pulled it off Scottay. How much risk are you willing to take?

Be honest guys, if I asked for a show of hands for who smoked moldy pot back in the day...... We’re not young bucks any more, but we also support our endocannabinoid systems with consistent supplies of reserve troops, don’t we?

Scottay, get a vacuum system. Beg, borrow, ask around. If I weren’t going to San Diego I’d send you one. Lol!

Neiko had Carnival tested. :yahoo:

Neiko’s nugs

Cheers sue,,

I did pull it off, as you mentioned,, tho to a degree only

MMy first quite small Cob was not vacuum sealed,, but my others have been from the get go. I acquired /borrowed a vacuum sealer

I am of the opinion that safe cobbing can be done without vacuum sealing, just the way I did my first one,, as in

I used a vaporiser bag, similar to an oven bag, to wrap it in, not corn husk, cuz I still can't find corn

TThe original chart suggests oven bag as an alternative wrap, so i did

TThe key to no mold, I believe, is a very tight and lotsa string to tie it up,, lots of layers of wrap and tied tight and no way air is gettin in there,, tho this theory has only been tested by me on one small Cob

I have a Sativa harvest next weekend and will keep the vacuum sealer till then, then give it back and try without,, perhaps

BBest karma to all experimentors and cheers to y' all

Damn! We need an international sponsor for vacuum food saving systems. Lol!

I've got two or three around because they show up regularly at the thrift store here. And probably thrift stores everywhere. Worth a look. The main thing that goes wrong with them is dirt or damage on those foam/rubber gaskets that are in them.
Having not spent the $$$ on them, and some of the brands are really expensive new, at least around here, it wouldn't be fair to talk them up too much. But they're super handy. For food, cobs, and sealing up herb to (hopefully) smell-proof it.

Well had to pull the cob out and check it out tonight. It weighed 30g going in, it weighed 27.5g tonight. I pulled off a .5 gram piece and the little canary bud I left out. In the name of science. I am chewing .25g right now so we have that to go from. The smell is a sweet smell not unpleasant in any way. The taste is a little what I might call like spicy grass. It is like a pepper type taste.

Just Meds thats a 5 star cob right there man nice job. I clicked on this thread and was greeted by that lovely pic of the cross section.
I just thought "now thats what I'm talking about you sly fox"
Thats going to age into perfection then your going to want to do more a lot more you will never get enough.

YES you can sweat for 24hrs without a vacuum I have gone 48hrs without mold but to cure it I always used a vacuum.
You can do it without if you reproduce the same type of environment that stops mold.

We used to get cobs of buds cured like the canary buds same color and sweet smell but not compressed just loosely bound in quite fat cobs.
A very aromatic cure and the individual buds could be prized off the cob and mulled up to smoke. I remember some fantastic stuff cured like that smell taste and high all outstanding.

Yes you can.
Use your imagination to make a warm temperature, high humidity device to cook those buds.
All you want to do is kick start things in the decomposition department and then grab it at just the right moment and put it in an environment where only the fermentation can continue until you choose to stop it and age it.
Get this part right and the rest will follow use your nose and eyes to gauge when to stop each step. when the smell is right its right.

I think I'm gonna jaunt to the local Goodwill.......I've seen food sealers there before. I thought about a cheapo hand pump sealers. Might actually hafta go to wally world. Damnit you cobblers!!! Got me jonesin to try this!!! Happy Tuesday folks!!! You peeps are great!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:I'm thinkin mini cob......3-5 grams

I think I'm gonna jaunt to the local Goodwill.......I've seen food sealers there before. I thought about a cheapo hand pump sealers. Might actually hafta go to wally world. Damnit you cobblers!!! Got me jonesin to try this!!! Happy Tuesday folks!!! You peeps are great!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:I'm thinkin mini cob......3-5 grams
Ha Ha just chuck an ounce in and give it a good shot you wont regret it.
I had some 2 year old Golden Tiger cob today, it powered me through the day packing up and cleaning up the house I am staying in at the fishing camp.
In between breaks for whistling, singing and dancing to the ipod tunes.
I drove to the supermarket/petrol station to fill up and buy some supplies the super market is small only 3 isles what I was after was in isle 3 but I got lost in isle 2 because I couldn't find isle 3 I thought they had redesigned the shop in the last two days.
Thats about the time I thought shit this stuff is hitting quick. I only chewed it 20 mins ago it turned into a very powerful trip hugely euphoric and very ecstatic with a trippy detachment from reality.
Its such an overwhelming high that its like being in an alternate universe for 10 to 12 hours my absolute favorite feeling.

My ACDC and Carnival cobs

2 weeks in cure
Lovely colors thats always a good indicator of a good cure, of course the smell is the clincher but going on the pics it looks like you aced it my friend.
With a name like ac/dc its got a lot to live up to ha ha. I wish I was able to sample some of the cobs on this forum they all look so tasty from where I am sitting

Let me add my wonder to the mix. It’s been a month since I originally cobbed the Devil’s Carnival buds. Today is my moment to try another small bite.

It’s sitting on the mat in front of me waiting.

I’m gonna meditate so I can start chewing. My heart is actually racing at the thought. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom