Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Send me some of that OG Kush Nivek. and I will smoke it and know right away whether it's sativa or indica!

LMFAO. I'm sorry, but-- no, I am not sorry. If you knew how few and far between the chuckles were here... Thank you for that one!

Perhaps I should explain. I only belong to this forum. Therefore, if I'm trying to grab a lot of information about a subject, quickly, I use a web-search engine and open a bunch of threads (other forums that I'm not involved with) in tabs, then - sometimes - end up spending the next week glancing at them, deciding if there is information on the subject, if it's actually valid information, et cetera. I mostly pay zero attention to who posted what, because their user names mean absolutely nothing to me. And, the majority of the time, I skip over all the numerous "humanizing" comments, too, for the same reason (no knowledge of the participants) plus I'm often in a hurry when I get around to looking at this, that, or the other random off-site thread.

So it was kind of a lucky chance thing that I noticed some newbie (oh, such a newbie ;) ) posting a question about his plants. He was unable to upload pictures of said plants, so he tried to describe whatever it was that he was asking about - but, being a newbie, well... So, anyway, another member there posted something like, "Post your address and I'll come by and do a butcher's." Which I assume to have been some kind of Cockney rhyming slang for "...I'll steal your plants."

The guy (such a newbie) DID, lolololol!!! I only noticed that because the staff member (and I think it happened to be the one that had the title of "Administrator" - which made it even funnier, IMHO) posted "He DID! I've had to go around editing the <BLEEP's> posts." At which point, the thread hopelessly degenerated when everyone realized what had happened. People posting (echoing) He did, he did!, et cetera. A couple of people were helpful enough to explain that posting such things was universally considered to be a Bad Idea. And I think one person posted an animated smiley... of someone walking with a plant over one shoulder, whilst carrying an ax.

Er... I guess you had to be there. But your comment brought that thread to my mind afresh and, again, I thank you for the chuckle.

Additionally:

I'll be huddled in a corner, red-eyed, facing down some paranoid existential crisis and munching on whatever edible substances I managed to locate first through my brainless fog and stuff into my face.

A woman I know (knew? have known?) once smoked some cannabis and had a SERIOUSLY BAD reaction, immediate and prolonged. It literally wrecked her. Afterwards - and it was a while - she could only describe the experience as "it felt like there was literally an electrical storm in my brain AND my mind."

She didn't touch cannabis again for several years. And this was a woman who... touched pretty much every other drug that so much as passed near her. All the "illicit" ones (trust me, all). I know that she has been on, what do you call them, MAOIs and SSRIs both (and she might possibly have once been prescribed both types at the same time (multiple doctors, IIRC)... She must have gone through an entire flock of guardian angles many times over - because she is still alive, and I have been told that it's kind of a rule writ in stone to never mix the two classes of drugs, or even prescribe one directly after discontinuing the other). She has been diagnosed with: anxiety, major depression, night terrors (that it is oft times nearly impossible to awaken her from (although it's not the awakening that's the problem at that point, it's rescuing her from the... nightmare that she is then trapped in), manic bipolar, schizophrenia, PTSD (if you can call being tortured for most of her childhood... mere trauma), and a couple of other things. Aside from that, well, she has issues. The neural pathways in her brain are not... I guess, think of the brain like the roadmap of a major city, complete with all the buildings / businesses and infrastructure (roads, electrical grid, telephone grid, water grid, et cetera). For example, New Orleans. Next, think of what NO looked like after Hurricane Katrina went through it. And she has definitely been through the pshrinks' pill roulette game many, many times. I... we were once talking (we did that, too ;) ) and I told her that it was a wonder she managed to hold onto both her sanity (admittedly, we tend to be rather optimistic and stretch the term... a bit around here) and her mind, with all its intelligence. She just looked at me for a few moments and then replied, "Why are you so surprised? You're still mostly coherent." There wasn't really anything I could say then, because the lady did have a point.

Anyway...

I wondered at the time (when she was attempting to tell me about her past horrible cannabis experience) if it was an interaction with a prescription drug, or even some combination of multiple ones. She later smoked multiple strains (mostly with a sativa effect) in quantity with only the usual (negative) result... To wit, running out ;) . So her negative experience would not have been a general cannabis allergy, is what I'm getting at.

I'm not saying that such a thing is the cause of your - or any other specific person's - negative reaction with some strains of cannabis. But I think that exploring the possibility as a general thing, for some (unknown) set of people, might not be a bad idea. In a different thread, a different time, of course. I just figured I'd better get the idea out there while it is still... accessible in memory.

Let me find out TS...... @Jgrowlove , can you share the pedigree of my Lemon Haze darling? :battingeyelashes:

Thank you.

Wait a minute... Wrong thread. I... think?

Yes indeed it was the wrong thread TS. I'll ask him on my grow journal. Lol!

I’ll do that........

Ok, now that I know the sweet smell that says the DC is done I’ll be more likely to recognize it in other expressions with other chemovars.

I’ll tell you Tangwena, after about 5 hours I had a few hits of Blue Dream and I’ve been flying high ever since. Lol! I absolutely love the way cobs enhance whatever else you partake in. I was out for a 3-mile walk and dinner with a friend and back home full of energy and insight. A girl could get used to feeling this blissful.

I think I might be that girl. :battingeyelashes:
Thats why god put it on earth that we may be blissful ha ha. I know I need it every day why feel ordinary ha hha

Thats why god put it on earth that we may be blissful ha ha. I know I need it every day why feel ordinary ha hha

Hahaha! "Why feel normal?"

I couldn't agree more. :slide:

Tangie..your insights will help me to find.

The what
Then wtf
Then maybe ..whyyyyy.....

Cobbin. Sativa process best.
Some sativa s process wayyy better n others.

..hmm which when why> idk...

Tangie...I just can see the look, of the first waves of .lol
Discover,e rs , of lake Malawian...

All thirsty for Somalis.....go further,,oh my...lol.
And the locals had cobbin for last 4000 years....

Ancients had some thing
My friend I ask the question why the ancients made hash from certain plants and fermented others.
Because it suited the effects of each type of plant. I was told a long time ago Indicas were for hash making not smoking buds.
Sativas need to be modified by curing same as Indicas need hashing. Crosses of the two look great but have a confused effect but are suited to both fermenting and hashing depending on the resultant high.

One will suite one type of treatment better than the other. Thats my 20cents worth and thats why I use sativa type plants because it suites the type of cure/processing I do.
If I wanted to make hash I would use different plants. Thats the reason I use sativas for cobs.

My friend I ask the question why the ancients made hash from certain plants and fermented others.
Because it suited the effects of each type of plant. I was told a long time ago Indicas were for hash making not smoking buds.
Sativas need to be modified by curing same as Indicas need hashing. Crosses of the two look great but have a confused effect but are suited to both fermenting and hashing depending on the resultant high.

One will suite one type of treatment better than the other. Thats my 20cents worth and thats why I use sativa type plants because it suites the type of cure/processing I do.
If I wanted to make hash I would use different plants. Thats the reason I use sativas for cobs.
Tangie..

The,’answer ‘

In your continued ...replies...

Tangie.. ok indica for ‘hash making’..

Briefly ..lol. Describing ‘hash’ and rough process?

Lastly, the rapid dried sativa, end oF THE wild crop. North Africa , it’s shaken off the stalks
‘KieF’
Moroccan style ..

Is there malawai kief product?
Could you , expand upon it?
Ciao

Tangie..

The,’answer ‘

In your continued ...replies...

Tangie.. ok indica for ‘hash making’..

Briefly ..lol. Describing ‘hash’ and rough process?

Lastly, the rapid dried sativa, end oF THE wild crop. North Africa , it’s shaken off the stalks
‘KieF’
Moroccan style ..

Is there malawai kief product?
Could you , expand upon it?
Ciao
No kief when I lived there my friend maybe now with all the international fingers in the pie.
I had a Lebanese friend in the UK who's father refused to smoke the Lebanese hash sold in England at the time (1978) because he said it was not cured.
I never asked what he meant by it I should have.

Dont take anything I say as the truth its only my belief, but you did ask and I am never shy to give my opinion.
As far as hashish goes I have no experience other than as a buyer while I was in the UK.

Another cob day on the rise. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

I think they may be ready to continue curing at room temp. The smell is noticably different, and to my brain it said "Done!" I have them drying in preparation to being sealed up again for a couple weeks this time.

I'm chewing my taster bit as I write, on my way into the shower to get this day started. Have fun everyone. I know I will. :slide:

The Malawi cobs taste much better than the others, and have from the start. It'll be hard to stay away from them. I'm determined to get to three months Neiko. Lol!

Nice Neiko! :high-five: I dried to the touch and kept mine in the hot box at 77-83, checking week to week until my nose and the scale said “Done!” Then they’ll continue at room temp, trying to let them alone for three months. Lol!

I’m sure Tangwena has some suggestions. :battingeyelashes:

Another cob day on the rise. :yahoo::slide::yahoo:

I think they may be ready to continue curing at room temp. The smell is noticably different, and to my brain it said "Done!" I have them drying in preparation to being sealed up again for a couple weeks this time.

I'm chewing my taster bit as I write, on my way into the shower to get this day started. Have fun everyone. I know I will. :slide:

The Malawi cobs taste much better than the others, and have from the start. It'll be hard to stay away from them. I'm determined to get to three months Neiko. Lol!
Hi Sue they look done to me as well, you brought those little darlings home nicely ha ha Now you just have to let them grow up.

I had a friend drop off a couple of nice fat fish he got given by a friend of his for helping unload a professional fishing boat that had just come in from deep sea fishing.
He sat down for a cup of tea and a spliff . He said he was pretty high already from some immature home grown buds that he had grown.

I gave him some pieces of cobs in return for the fish and he lit up some golden cured GT mixed with tobacco yuk!
Anyway half way down the joint he said "shit this is strong" he had to pick up his girlfriend but completely forgot her and 20 mins later he got a text from her.

He drove off down the road staring through the windscreen like it was raining. I dont think he got out of second gear until he disappeared from sight.
Luckily there is zero traffic the town is dead outside of holiday season. The only thing you have to keep your eyes open for is emus the town has about a dozen hanging around all the time.
I freaked out the other day when one dashed across the road in front of me in the town center! luckily I was in second gear ha ha

OK so update on the carnival cobs. I've pulled them from the ferment box. They still have a very mild smell, about the same as 4 days ago. I guess that's all that's going to happen so I'll move on to the cure phase. Here's what I have now:

Suggestions welcomed.
neiko those look perfect my friend are they the rehydrated or fresh buds?
They may not have a strong smell because of the strain. I dont go by the strength of the smell alone.
I had some swazi cobs that lost their sweet smell very quickly and even the taste was very mild.
But the high was really nice up and buzzing speedy high, great for working I could paint fine detail on some windows I was painting without needing my glasses it blew me away.
Of course I am not familiar with the strain you are using. Some friends of mine have stopped cobbing indica dominant plants because they didn't get the results they were expecting.
On the other hand another friend cobs everything he grows and says he likes the difference it makes to indica dominant buds.
Everyone has their own goals in the high or stone they are seeking. Thats why I grow the same gear a lot of the time because it ticks my boxes.
The main reason to cob is the smooth smoking the high just comes along for the ride thats why I only use the strongest gear I can find.
You may find the high is so subtle that you dont recognise it. I find a lot of heavy smokers are looking for a sledge hammer effect and dont want anything else.
If you dont feel enough increase the dose I always start with half a gram and work backwards. But some are so subtle you may need more its worth exploring as the subtle highs can be like champagne if you get the dose right.
A friend of mine regularly uses 0.7g and smokes the same stuff while he waits for it to come on. He reckons nothing has ever got him that high.
But another long time smoker finds 0.25g of the same cob more than enough to get wasted so its important to find the dose that gets you off.
You may need a larger dose, once its aged is the best time to try it though if it doesn't do it for you then its time to get some stronger plants.

Oh I’m sure Carnival will find a way to please. Lol! I’m hoping it does, but if not there’s nothing lost. I’ll still get high. :battingeyelashes:

@lazyfish, I coasted on the buzz without any amendments until about 2:30-3 when I had a Carnival brownie, as much for the delicious brownie as anything. Haha!

I was very energized, and still am, from the cob. I called BINGO this morning and then Hash Hound and I solved a growing conundrum together before going out to have coffee with the daughter.

I think I’m appreciating mostly the energy of the Malawi cobs at this point, but make no mistake, they pack a nice buzz too, which I anticipate will potentiate as they cure. It’s a good thing I did two cobs and two canaries. Lol!

I understand what Tangwena means when he talks of the subtleness of the buzz. It feels so natural you don’t often equate it with being high, until you stop and take notice, to realize how very high you are. :battingeyelashes:

neiko those look perfect my friend are they the rehydrated or fresh buds?
They may not have a strong smell because of the strain. I dont go by the strength of the smell alone.
I had some swazi cobs that lost their sweet smell very quickly and even the taste was very mild.
But the high was really nice up and buzzing speedy high, great for working I could paint fine detail on some windows I was painting without needing my glasses it blew me away.
Of course I am not familiar with the strain you are using. Some friends of mine have stopped cobbing indica dominant plants because they didn't get the results they were expecting.
On the other hand another friend cobs everything he grows and says he likes the difference it makes to indica dominant buds.
Everyone has their own goals in the high or stone they are seeking. Thats why I grow the same gear a lot of the time because it ticks my boxes.
The main reason to cob is the smooth smoking the high just comes along for the ride thats why I only use the strongest gear I can find.
You may find the high is so subtle that you dont recognise it. I find a lot of heavy smokers are looking for a sledge hammer effect and dont want anything else.
If you dont feel enough increase the dose I always start with half a gram and work backwards. But some are so subtle you may need more its worth exploring as the subtle highs can be like champagne if you get the dose right.
A friend of mine regularly uses 0.7g and smokes the same stuff while he waits for it to come on. He reckons nothing has ever got him that high.
But another long time smoker finds 0.25g of the same cob more than enough to get wasted so its important to find the dose that gets you off.
You may need a larger dose, once its aged is the best time to try it though if it doesn't do it for you then its time to get some stronger plants.
The strain is Carnival which is 80% sativa. It a haze strain. According to seedfinder its Mexican x Columbian x thai x India. The dried flowers are a 2 hit quit. I'll be taking my flower sample into the lab tomorrow for potency and terpenes and I'll test a cob of it when they get to where I like them. I liked the rush of energy, motivation and overall good mood. We tried them 4 days into the ferment so it was still really early. I'm sure this is something I'll want to keep doing. The wife was asking for another sample tonight but I already sealed the back up, she has to wait a week now.

OK so update on the carnival cobs. I've pulled them from the ferment box. They still have a very mild smell, about the same as 4 days ago. I guess that's all that's going to happen so I'll move on to the cure phase. Here's what I have now:

Suggestions welcomed.
B-E-A-utiful! Love that golden color.

Okay... What to grow (and cob up) so that I can regain the pleasure of getting to chew Bazooka Joe bubble gum (the old-fashioned kind kind that seems like a pink rock until you get it chewed up, lol) that I lost when I got my denture? Painstakingly scraping (and scraping, and scraping, and SCRAPING) bubble gum off of my upper plate is not an experience I care to repeat.

But, oh, I miss Bazooka Joe gum so....

Duplicate post deleted. I must have hit the reply button instead of the edit one. Or... something.

My apologies to you all.

Back
Top Bottom