Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I picked the bud all from any stem, there were just very tiny stems in bud before pushing into bag. Then I pushed it tight into the end, and then put it in vac-sealer. While its getting vacuumed out I squeeze it hard. When its finally done its like a rock in that bag. Hope that makes sense. You could also do the little cobs I done in the pipe. They are looking good in the bags. I think both ways work.

I picked the bud all from any stem, there were just very tiny stems in bud before pushing into bag. Then I pushed it tight into the end, and then put it in vac-sealer. While its getting vacuumed out I squeeze it hard. When its finally done its like a rock in that bag. Hope that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense. I’ll be using whatever I yield to make some cobs. While I wait, I’ll hit dispensary and on with next grow.

did you find that rabbit? :laughtwo:
Hi Sue yes many times and all the better for it ha ha. I have a friend visiting soon with some goodies, he makes the most wonderful cobs from strains I would never choose to grow so I will be testing some good stuff from the other realm as it were.
After New Year another friend has promised me some Mango Haze cob as well, how blessed am I.

The Malawi x Ethiopia is a very strange high the first 3 to 4 hours are really hard to handle but then it levels off and you just cruise for ever and never seem to come down. I still feel it 24hrs later.

All cobs benefit from long aging IMO. I had some 2 year old GT yesterday the taste was heavenly and the high like a warm psychic blanket wrapped around me all day just bliss connected to nature i needed nothing else.

That close up posted by @just meds shows the un aged resin nicely after aging it should turn golden, caramel and darker amber ect.
While it is still cloudy like that it will have a much more energetic trippy feel. If its what you are after in that strain drying it fully will lock that in.
Otherwise it will keep maturing nicely. Its good to lock in some at that stage I like the energetic effects as well as the deeper trippy effects from the darker resins.

Hats off my friends you are all killing it and I can see some cob wizzards of the future forming on this forum.
Believe me in 5 years time you will be alchemists of the highest order.
I feel like my work is done I only wanted to plant the seed and this forum was really fertile soil ha ha Respect brothers and sisters.

Hats off my friends you are all killing it and I can see some cob wizzards of the future forming on this forum.
I feel like my work is done I only wanted to plant the seed and this forum was really fertile soil ha ha Respect brothers and sisters.

No Please Stay :green_heart::hug::yahoo: but if you must :thanks::welldone:

I figured at some point you'd settle back into your own very active thread, but as you can see, you'll be sorely missed, so please, feel free to swing by on occasion and check up on us. I tried to get over there more often, but with the Med threads that wasn't really something I can maintain for any length of time.

Thank you for the inspiration and fun you brought to the game Tangwena. We'll be forever linked now, you understand? Lol! One of these day I will get to your backyard.

We know how to find you if we need your expert advice. Respect. :battingeyelashes:

I'm not leaving this is a beautiful place . But i am getting bored i have been doing this for a very long time my IC thread is also getting boring for me now.
i will still visit just not post very often it sort of gets like your just repeating the same thing over and over and you guys get it more than any other people I have met.
The fun going forward will be the experimenting you can do once you get the basics. I will post anything ground breaking I come across.
I have learnt a lot from this thread you are a very insightful bunch and a pleasure to know.
For now i just want to get high and make cobs. I love you all.

I'm not leaving this is a beautiful place . But i am getting bored i have been doing this for a very long time my IC thread is also getting boring for me now.
i will still visit just not post very often it sort of gets like your just repeating the same thing over and over and you guys get it more than any other people I have met.
The fun going forward will be the experimenting you can do once you get the basics. I will post anything ground breaking I come across.
I have learnt a lot from this thread you are a very insightful bunch and a pleasure to know.

Have fun chasing rabbits. Lol! We'll be seeing you around. :hug::hug::hug:

The one thing I couldn't find in my reading were how tightly should you roll the buds to create the cob formation (or simply tighten as much as possible?) and would there be any benefit to using parchment paper or something over the mat when rolling the cob to prevent stickiness of the mat and possibly keep as much THC on the log as possible as opposed to getting it stuck around the working environment (if this makes any sense)

I used a bamboo roller covered in plastic wrap. I rolled them as tight as possible and tied them tight. The more contact with the corn husks the better product you get I believe. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it. Lol.

ES

Hi Sue yes many times and all the better for it ha ha. I have a friend visiting soon with some goodies, he makes the most wonderful cobs from strains I would never choose to grow so I will be testing some good stuff from the other realm as it were.
After New Year another friend has promised me some Mango Haze cob as well, how blessed am I.

The Malawi x Ethiopia is a very strange high the first 3 to 4 hours are really hard to handle but then it levels off and you just cruise for ever and never seem to come down. I still feel it 24hrs later.

All cobs benefit from long aging IMO. I had some 2 year old GT yesterday the taste was heavenly and the high like a warm psychic blanket wrapped around me all day just bliss connected to nature i needed nothing else.

That close up posted by @just meds shows the un aged resin nicely after aging it should turn golden, caramel and darker amber ect.
While it is still cloudy like that it will have a much more energetic trippy feel. If its what you are after in that strain drying it fully will lock that in.
Otherwise it will keep maturing nicely. Its good to lock in some at that stage I like the energetic effects as well as the deeper trippy effects from the darker resins.

You have started a good process. Easier to process packs a punch. I recently purchased many of the strains mentioned in the thread. I haven't received them yet but hoping they arrive so next grow and harvest I can try new strains.

I still need Golden Tiger, maybe Seedsman will have it back in stock soon. I will probably keep some loose bud around but I see most of my plants going into cobs.

ES

You have started a good process. Easier to process packs a punch. I recently purchased many of the strains mentioned in the thread. I haven't received them yet but hoping they arrive so next grow and harvest I can try new strains.

I still need Golden Tiger, maybe Seedsman will have it back in stock soon. I will probably keep some loose bud around but I see most of my plants going into cobs.

ES

If you want Golden Tiger go to ACE's website and under the R&D tab at the top of the page. Scroll through the list of strains and you'll find the unreleased 3rd version of Golden Tiger, it has more Thai in it. There are directions there on the ordering process. Good luck only getting one strain though, they have a lot of very interesting stuff there.

I have been reading as much as possible mostly for the purposes of finding conclusions from use in Indica for cobbing and according to post #2370 (on page 237) by user "Chevy cHaze" (well known member) the indica used in cobbing opposed to the jar was smoother, psychedelia with a constant climbing of the high before plateauing, difficulty functioning, etc. 4 members over there found it useful. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste my time on Indica for only obtaining smoother smoke. As it appeared on here the vast majority of content seems to focus on sativa's and sativa dominant hybrids. I also want to sincerely thank @tangwena for sharing this enlightening information.

(Note: TOS prevents me from linking, copying or pasting from other forums, however, I'm able to make references as I've done here)

Hi tangwena
Just wanted to say thank you for your efforts. I'm not growing yet, but I now know how I'm going to cure when I do.
Peace & Love

I'm trying not to reignite a newbie conversation but it factors into cobbing and I have 0 idea of implications, process interference, and all of that. Here we go. It's about end of harvest dark period (Not about Trich's!) according to a reliable scholarly/scientific source (non-infringing link below) that in the second day of darkness before harvest chlorophyll begins to break down and on the third day it really breaks down, my question being does the chlorophyll being virtually removed from the process prior to cobbing either improve or hurt the process? I understand that the initial sweat may not necessarily be impacted but was thinking more along the lines of fermentation.

Edit: (link) Effects of Light on Degradation of Chlorophyll and Proteins during Senescence of Detached Rice Leaves | Plant and Cell Physiology | Oxford Academic

As always, i'm appreciative of any and all input.

If you want Golden Tiger go to ACE's website and under the R&D tab at the top of the page. Scroll through the list of strains and you'll find the unreleased 3rd version of Golden Tiger, it has more Thai in it. There are directions there on the ordering process. Good luck only getting one strain though, they have a lot of very interesting stuff there.

Thanks Neikodog I'll do that. More Thai is like heaven on a stick!

I'm trying not to reignite a newbie conversation but it factors into cobbing and I have 0 idea of implications, process interference, and all of that. Here we go. It's about end of harvest dark period (Not about Trich's!) according to a reliable scholarly/scientific source (non-infringing link below) that in the second day of darkness before harvest chlorophyll begins to break down and on the third day it really breaks down, my question being does the chlorophyll being virtually removed from the process prior to cobbing either improve or hurt the process? I understand that the initial sweat may not necessarily be impacted but was thinking more along the lines of fermentation.

Edit: (link) Effects of Light on Degradation of Chlorophyll and Proteins during Senescence of Detached Rice Leaves | Plant and Cell Physiology | Oxford Academic

Interesting thought. I have no idea, and we won’t know if it does until someone with cobbing experience tries it. I only say with experience because you’d need a baseline of some sort to compare to. Maybe do two small ones?

I don’t put my plants into darkness before harvest, more because of space limitations than anything else. Now you have me curious. Lol!

Anyone else have any thoughts? What part might chlorophyll have in fermentation? What actual components of the plant ferment?

I have been reading as much as possible mostly for the purposes of finding conclusions from use in Indica for cobbing and according to post #2370 (on page 237) by user "Chevy cHaze" (well known member) the indica used in cobbing opposed to the jar was smoother, psychedelia with a constant climbing of the high before plateauing, difficulty functioning, etc. 4 members over there found it useful. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste my time on Indica for only obtaining smoother smoke. As it appeared on here the vast majority of content seems to focus on sativa's and sativa dominant hybrids. I also want to sincerely thank @tangwena for sharing this enlightening information.

(Note: TOS prevents me from linking, copying or pasting from other forums, however, I'm able to make references as I've done here)

I cobbed Ayahuasca Purple an indica and Gigabud a mostly sativa hybrid. The Ayahuasca Purple cob is much smoother than the loose bud. The strain has a psychedelic effect that is greatly enhanced by cobbling. In the end the effect of sedation is also enhanced. I do a fair bit of meditation and in the past the dried buds were great to feel a wave through the mind to the muscles. Great experience well the cobs take that experience to a whole new level. Almost on level with a Double Black (another very trippy indica). I bought more Double Black seeds just for this science experiment we are all on.

Don't count out those indicas for a great cobbed experience. My next grow will start around October. I will be doing a bit of both sativas and indica. All varieties will be cobbed after harvest. It should be a great show.

Interesting idea. I am saving some 160 filtered hash to add to my next set of cobs. Maybe a bit of 90 filtered too if there is any left. I think in the future several in the group will experiment and expand the process and the experience of cobbing.

I have an idea floating around to flatten the buds first, add oil then hash and roll the whole thing up like a sushi roll cob. Too many possibilities, just need a harvest to try them out. I grow to experience new levels of high and relaxation. I want to see if pain can be reduced by new methods. I'm not a scientist by any means just a guy loving this new method of drying weed.

Back
Top Bottom