Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

No not due to ACE. I've had 2 orders snagged by customs. I just emailed Luis with a copy of the seizure letter and they re-shipped no problem.

Me too, one order out of 4 got snagged, I got re shipped no probs. If I re call my last one got here in 2 weeks. But the slowest was closer to 4 weeks. Best of luck to ya.

Here are the detail pics of the Cobatron. If you have any questions just ask.

Nice invention. Do you have a post with a rundown of the equipment you've used and how to hook it all up?

Speaking of cool inventions, are there any engineers or whatever on here? Some of these DIY things look fantastic but sometimes it's nice to be able to just buy something. Like a cobatron. Or something to store our seeds in. Seriously, we focus on the plants but how many of us have a large seed collection that we just stash wherever. If someone invented/built like a mini weed fridge with specific temperature and controllers for cannabis designed to store seeds and another section to low and slow dry I'd sure as heck buy one.

Looks and sounds very nice.
How was the flowering time on that AP ? Did it finish as quick as Barney claims?
I must add it to my list, I have mainly been looking at the sativa end for psychedelic effects.

Peace

My grow journal is in my signature. Very detailed. It even has week by week measurements during stretch.

Nice invention. Do you have a post with a rundown of the equipment you've used and how to hook it all up?

Speaking of cool inventions, are there any engineers or whatever on here? Some of these DIY things look fantastic but sometimes it's nice to be able to just buy something. Like a cobatron. Or something to store our seeds in. Seriously, we focus on the plants but how many of us have a large seed collection that we just stash wherever. If someone invented/built like a mini weed fridge with specific temperature and controllers for cannabis designed to store seeds and another section to low and slow dry I'd sure as heck buy one.

That would be a foam cooler.
A Towel
A seed starting mat (No temp controller)
2 6 foot extension cords
A STC-1000 controller

I think you can hook it all up by looking at the pics I put up. Very easy.

Glad you like it. Do you have visions of different temps and cures in your head now? They take all the work out of it don't they?
I do that's why I wanted 2 of them to start with. I want to try the same strain with a higher temp sweat for shorter periods and lower temp sweats with longer periods. Same for fermenting. Now the jar curing/fermenting is whole other world. I am really loving the fermented jar buds now. They give such an intense buzz. I didn't have room for the 2 big coolers in the grow room so I'm putting them in the living room on a card table. It's a good thing the missus loves cobs or she would be complaining about this situation.

I do that's why I wanted 2 of them to start with. I want to try the same strain with a higher temp sweat for shorter periods and lower temp sweats with longer periods. Same for fermenting. Now the jar curing/fermenting is whole other world. I am really loving the fermented jar buds now. They give such an intense buzz. I didn't have room for the 2 big coolers in the grow room so I'm putting them in the living room on a card table. It's a good thing the missus loves cobs or she would be complaining about this situation.

I went down a different path this cure. I had 40c for 4-5 days then went to 30c for a week. The buds were drier then I wanted going in. They do look good though.

Can you give some detail on what you are doing for sure here with the buds.

That's it? I thought there'd be more to it. Have you DIY'd a seedstoreatron too?

Now that one is real top secret.... I find a container for the seeds, place them in said container and place in freezer.

I've only done the buds once and I can do better but basically I put the buds into a quart jar with paper towel. The buds dried for 36 hours before going into the jar. I vac sealed the jar and let it sweat at 110 F for 24 hours. I opened the jar and laid the buds out to dry for a couple hours then resealed. Put more paper towel in when you reseal. I then lowered the temp to approx. 85-89 F and left them for another week. I didn't open them and I should have because I started to get mold. Next time I'll open them about every 2-3 days and let them dry some. After that week I laid them out in my drying area overnight. They felt properly dry at that point so I put them in jar with a humidity pack and hygrometer. They held 62% so I've just left them in the jar since. I didn't re-vac the jars at this point. Dr. Doob did some too and he may have done it a little different than me.

If you are one that has CO2 for the tent, would be curious if it would help in the jars. Displace the O2 before vacuum down so there is very little O2 to start with.

I don't have co2 in the grow room but I could purge with nitrogen but I'm not sure how I'd do that and keep o2 out of the jar when switching over to seal.

I watched a video on the tube where this guy adds nitrogen to vacuum bags, but not jars.
He basically has a tank of nitrogen with a hose attached, which he slipped in the bag, vacuumed it, and held it tight around the hose. Next they turned on the tank and added the nitrogen,then he slipped the hose out and sealed.

I imagine you would have to rig a lid somehow to accommodate both a vacuum tube and one for the gas.

Not sure that you need to be 100% to see if it makes a difference. I am thinking every little bit may help. Even if you could just do a couple popcorn buds and then watch if they get mold later then they did in past.

Now that one is real top secret.... I find a container for the seeds, place them in said container and place in freezer.

DIY Seed Storage container, Store in your preferred loction

============================================

Back
Top Bottom