Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

GUAWI COB after 7 days at 77 to 79F

I included an Oxygen Absorber (inside the copper tube) but did not realize or think about
copper transfer but after thinking about it and noticing the Tube moved I figured It would
be isolated from the Cob. NOT

Next time I will be using Thick wall Pyrex Tubes instead of the Copper

I did not expect the Copper Tube with Oxygen Absorber to be able to pull from the cob
but it looks like it did. One End is sucked in and the other end of the copper tube has a
liquid/Moisture trail connected to the end of the COB.

The Husk was mostly white/Light Yellow, I had to use 3 overlapped so a couple layers
look to have been soaked through with a Reddish color

Should I wait Longer to open and Dry ?

cob_7days_1.jpg

cob_7days_6.jpg

cob_7days_8a.jpg

cob_7days_9a.jpg

cob_7days_10.jpg

I think with the multiple layers of husk you will see less moisture on the outside as they are absorbing it. Your nose is the answer. If it smells great (Which looking at it that's answered) I think I would pat dry and re-seal for the hardest part, staying out of it for the cure... LOL . Don't forget to snip a wee little sample while you have it open. Then weekly open inspect and reseal until you are happy with it.

Oh, can you post a pic of a Gazoo with wings after sample testing... Hehe

I think with the multiple layers of husk you will see less moisture on the outside as they are absorbing it. Your nose is the answer. If it smells great (Which looking at it that's answered) I think I would pat dry and re-seal for the hardest part, staying out of it for the cure... LOL . Don't forget to snip a wee little sample while you have it open. Then weekly open inspect and reseal until you are happy with it.

Oh, can you post a pic of a Gazoo with wings after sample testing... Hehe

Thanks for the quick response, After the Sweat she smelled Soooo Sweeeet I just wanted a taste but resisted :)
I will wait a few hours before opening to see if there are any additional suggestions ;) I will be testing after opening,
will try and do a picture smell report before the test :laugh:

Hiya Oldbear,

Those choconugs look so great! Gotta try this after the next grow. Drooling just thinking about it, lol. Thanks

Wish we could pass these around. Chocolate coated

Well there ya go. @MagicJim, they’re buds, baked and therefore decarbed in tasty coconut oil, rolled in cob powder, and dipped in dark chocolate.

I have some DDA cob I brought to share with you. What say we use some of that and make a few of these while I visit? :battingeyelashes:

@BrixNewb, you could surprise your lovely with these, or wait until I get back. Your oldest cob is going to be cured enough to grind some to powder. When I return you can count on me making some. :battingeyelashes:

Hiya Oldbear,

Those choconugs look so great! Gotta try this after the next grow. Drooling just thinking about it, lol. Thanks

If I can’t get Jim excited enough to try - small chance if I read Jim correctly :D - I’ll be doing this as soon as I get back home.

@magoo, gosh, I love the way your brain works. :hug: That’s such an interesting experiment.

I’m surrounded by creative brilliance. :circle-of-love:

Well then.. cannabis culinary master over here. Those look delicious OB! Wish you could pass em around too!
Be sure and let us know how they are!

No master here lol but heres a taste test report:

Product: Whole popcorn buds from a Northern Lights photo grown outside

Process: The buds were baked in coconut oil for 200 minutes @ 200F. After draining (no compression just gravity) and sitting over night, the damp buds were coated in finely ground cob mixed with cinnamon, and then dipped in melted chocolate chips.

Results: I chewed one up. You could just let it melt in your mouth. First impression is the chocolate taste and the crunchiness of the baked bud. This is followed by the coconut and cinnamon flavors. There is no 'tastes like pot' or 'smells like pot'.

I'm in no hurry to swallow and let it swish around in my mouth coating as much surface as I can, for as long as I can.

On me the cannabinoids show their presence within a couple minutes, and slowly build up to a very pleasant place.

Cannabinoid load: I have no idea. There are cannabinoids remaining in the buds, in the oil on the buds, and in the powdered cob. Dont plan on driving haha.

Overall: 2 thumbs up. Probably not for everyday use but certainly worth the extra effort to make them. Would be great at a party where snacks are being served.

Hiya OB,

Why not for everyday use? lol. Something like Sue's brownies.

Bode you are correct. No reason not to have for everyday use. I was thinking more about the effort involved in making them I guess.
The only problem I have with any confectionery type stuff is stopping eating them ha ha. I can never stop at one cooky I would be hopeless with chocolate coated buds ha ha.
It would be a good way to stop a party in its tracks reminds me of a party we had. I had a non alcoholic punch for some religious friends who didn't drink.

A mad man I knew dropped 6 blotters in the bowl it turned out to be the most popular drink that night ha ha.
One young lady who came with friends after leaving her Jesus freak husband at home after a fight. Had the best time she was dancing and asking what music was playing she had never heard Stairway to Heaven before.
When I told her the title she just loved it even more.
I think when she arrived home in the early hours of the next day her husband would have been woken up by a very different wife she was in the mood for love if you know what I mean ha ha.

I never heard back from her but I am sure it ended well everyone else had a ball thats for sure. When I found out I warned everyone about it and the bowl was emptied in no time it reminded me of one of those watering holes in a game park with all the buck trying to drink at once.

Dont get too excited my friend it does nothing it has no effect at all on me. It just looks awesome though hey?

Oh :( Had HIGH hopes :) but still cool and tells me the Oxygen Absorbers must be working :slide:
cant wait to open again BTW How long time wise do you let them dry before re-vacuum ? this last time
it still had a sticky feel ?

It’s been a few months since I made my small cobs. Been trying them in different quantities and methods (all but eating since I didn’t make enough) and I have to say I am quite happy with the results.

I don’t have great smells like some. It smells like fermented weed lol. I can say that I love the buzz, it’s different, happy and uplifting.

I will be making a lot more of this product next harvest. Perhaps spend a bit of effort ensuring the exact temperatures and whatnot are reached.

Oh :( Had HIGH hopes :) but still cool and tells me the Oxygen Absorbers must be working :slide:
cant wait to open again BTW How long time wise do you let them dry before re-vacuum ? this last time
it still had a sticky feel ?
If I was any good as a scientist I would weigh them before drying and after and work out the percentage water you need to loose but I'm not ha ha.
Maybe some of you tooled up guys could start taking notes like that.
I just dry them until the surface feels dry to the touch. Do it weekly for 4 weeks and you should be sweet.
I just had way to much P x H cob its coming in waves of euphoria that are hard to handle ha ha. The next wave I'm going surfing he he.

Back
Top Bottom