Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Think I will Cure another Week ?

End week 4 Cure
Started 28 Grams
Re-Sealed at 14.5 Grams so nearly 1/2 weight loss

This time I really noticed the Sweet Smell. It was basically the same smell but sweeter somehow ?

Also notice an AMAZING SPARKLE Reflecting off the sides of the Cob. It was really cool to see, I noticed it
while taking the photos next to the window. The sunlight was reflected off the cob like little BLINKING LIGHTS
sparkling on and off as I turned the Cob

Here are the used bags in order "week by week" its easy to see how the staining is less and less as the
time goes by

Wow Gazoo... I gotta say your cob looks and sounds like it smells much better than anything I have done so far. I think my dark Destroyer cob was too wet when I resealed it after the ferment. I lost most of that sweet smell... and its not that great when smoked either... kinda just a boring high... so feel I wasted a lot of good destroyer flower that coulda been a great cob.

Anyway, great work!! You are a natural!

“Short dry (2 days)
Short sweat (12hrs 40c)
Short cure ( 6 days)
Medium aged (1 to 3 months)”

MUAH! I can do that. :slide: I grow Carnival. She’s a sweet little hybrid that Ministry of Cannabis markets that seems to be a perfect match to my ECS. I’m one of the lucky ones who’ve found her matches, Carn for base, Dark Devil Auto for zippy exploration, and apparently It’s It Punch for that erotic edge that gives life extra meaning. My expectation is I’ll find the curing patterns with these three chemovars that’ll ramp up the euphoria.

I like having them in both flower and cob. Options leave me feeling more satisfied. I’ll play with them a little more thoughtfully from now on.

@Gazoo, well done! :high-five: Take some closeups of the sparkle when you open next time. You’ll be blown away.

I love watching you have so much fun with this. :laughtwo: And you haven’t tested yet. :battingeyelashes:

Whats with the new "reacted to your post" could be positive or negative or does it only register positive reactions ha ha.
Feels creepy.

Hahaha! My thoughts exactly. I thought I was the only one. Lol! Someone ran amok brought the back rooms. :rofl:

Wow Gazoo... I gotta say your cob looks and sounds like it smells much better than anything I have done so far. I think my dark Destroyer cob was too wet when I resealed it after the ferment. I lost most of that sweet smell... and its not that great when smoked either... kinda just a boring high... so feel I wasted a lot of good destroyer flower that coulda been a great cob.

Anyway, great work!! You are a natural!

Turn it into topical oil, if nothing else, but how far into the cure is it dajerm? They change over time.

Turn it into topical oil, if nothing else, but how far into the cure is it dajerm? They change over time.
Hey there Sue, its just a couple weeks into the cure... but once I lost that sweet smell I knew I screwed it up. I left it too wet when I resealed it after the ferment. I know it will change over time, I just feel I messed up making it into the best cob it could be.

Quick Question, I dont see it mentioned in the flow chart ?

When finished with the CURE how to we FINISH DRY?
Do we just leave it out for a day or so ?
Do we Re-Vacuum seal after the dry or just leave it ?

My plan is to leave it out for 12 or so hours and then put into a
Glass Cigar tube, does that sound good

“Short dry (2 days)
Short sweat (12hrs 40c)
Short cure ( 6 days)
Medium aged (1 to 3 months)”

MUAH! I can do that. :slide: I grow Carnival. She’s a sweet little hybrid that Ministry of Cannabis markets that seems to be a perfect match to my ECS. I’m one of the lucky ones who’ve found her matches, Carn for base, Dark Devil Auto for zippy exploration, and apparently It’s It Punch for that erotic edge that gives life extra meaning. My expectation is I’ll find the curing patterns with these three chemovars that’ll ramp up the euphoria.

I like having them in both flower and cob. Options leave me feeling more satisfied. I’ll play with them a little more thoughtfully from now on.

@Gazoo, well done! :high-five: Take some closeups of the sparkle when you open next time. You’ll be blown away.

I love watching you have so much fun with this. :laughtwo: And you haven’t tested yet. :battingeyelashes:

It may be difficult to get the SPARKLE in one photo, I may need to take a video in the
sunlight to show it ?. Its very visible when holding and turning slowly, its a sparkle fest
of blinking white light. I'll try and do a VIDEO capture next time I open, that is if the sun is out ;)

Correct I have not tested any yet. I like the build up and anticipation . Patience I have

Thats the angels dust brother thats what I call it anyway its what you want to see either way.
Its done and just needs drying and aging from here.
Lovely job my friend when you chew the cob inspect them and get affected by its look smell and aura she will speak to you and you will learn how and what to do next time.

Maybe I missed it
But just what is “the angels dust”
( nothing like Angel Dust I’m sure...)
Something like “ the angels share” that happens when whiskey is barrel aged???

Maybe I missed it
But just what is “the angels dust”
( nothing like Angel Dust I’m sure...)
Something like “ the angels share” that happens when whiskey is barrel aged???
Its just my name for what I suspect is crystalized oils, terps and resins I dont know all I do know is that i only get it on well made cobs with aging its almost a white covering. In aged cigars its called bloom and is an indication of good quality aged cigars.

Quick Question, I dont see it mentioned in the flow chart ?

When finished with the CURE how to we FINISH DRY?
Do we just leave it out for a day or so ?
Do we Re-Vacuum seal after the dry or just leave it ?

My plan is to leave it out for 12 or so hours and then put into a
Glass Cigar tube, does that sound good
Once you are happy with the smell during the curing stage you can lock it in by fully drying the cob its good to leave a little moisture in the center but they will need vacuum sealing if you do.
If you fully dry the cob use a dehumidifier its quicker or you may get molding during the drying process.
Once fully dried its as stable as any dry bud and can be left un sealed.
However I only leave small pieces unsealed for use the bulk I leave vac sealed as insurance against mold for long term storage.

Hey there Sue, its just a couple weeks into the cure... but once I lost that sweet smell I knew I screwed it up. I left it too wet when I resealed it after the ferment. I know it will change over time, I just feel I messed up making it into the best cob it could be.
Dont feel bad its only the smell if it were mine I would fully dry then seal and age them.
If after 3 months the product is not to your liking I would make some oil from them you may find you like it more.
Cob oil is very different to normal de carbed bud oil and one of the best highs around.
Next time if there is a next time as soon as you smell that sweet aroma you are home start drying and seal it up to age checking and drying weekly as needed and guide it to the finish you want.
Its an art my friend it takes practice but is so worth it when you succeed.

Dont feel bad its only the smell if it were mine I would fully dry then seal and age them.
If after 3 months the product is not to your liking I would make some oil from them you may find you like it more.
Cob oil is very different to normal de carbed bud oil and one of the best highs around.
Next time if there is a next time as soon as you smell that sweet aroma you are home start drying and seal it up to age checking and drying weekly as needed and guide it to the finish you want.
Its an art my friend it takes practice but is so worth it when you succeed.
Many thanks, I will go ahead and pull her out to dry more. I have been taking it out weekly and letting it sit out for hours before sealing back up. I won't make that mistake again, I agree I should have started drying right away when it smelled crazy good.:thanks:

Once you are happy with the smell during the curing stage you can lock it in by fully drying the cob its good to leave a little moisture in the center but they will need vacuum sealing if you do.
If you fully dry the cob use a dehumidifier its quicker or you may get molding during the drying process.
Once fully dried its as stable as any dry bud and can be left un sealed.
However I only leave small pieces unsealed for use the bulk I leave vac sealed as insurance against mold for long term storage.

Oh Cool the Universe is Guiding me along the way, Watching for the signs.
Just before I read your response I was in my spare room and noticed the De-Humidifier was still in there.
Was going to put it away but something said DONT.

Now I know why :green_heart: Since the Universe has pointed out the next step I started the DRY.
Room temp is 75 F @ 30 RH and falling

You meant 48hrs sweat surely not 48 days.
If you start curing and part drying now after 3 months you should have a nice golden cob.
Check out these Nev Haze x Malawi canary buds by Buddler on another forum.
I would say they are on the way to pure heaven.
Once they are finished they should be all tacky with sparkling resin ha ha.

Interesting I was putting the COB into the GLASS CIGAR TUBE and had to break an end off
to get it to fit. I Noticed it felt very thick and mold-able. I had to squeeze it and bend it back
and forth with a good amount of force to break it off. I Could then push the end back together
into a nice round end. Seems like I could mold it into any shape I would want .

Back
Top Bottom