Tap root stopped growing?

Boed styles420

Hello I've recently germinated 4 seats for my next run but only one of the seeds was successful at germinating all the way, the other three popped and the tap root started to appear but then for some reason they just stopped growing, im using is the paper towel method after letting my seeds soak for 12 hours, I have the paper tower and the seeds in between two dinner plates on a heat Matt with a power timer set to 30 minutes on 15 minutes off so it doesn't get too hot the only thing I can think of is maybe the paper towel dried out a little bit too much but allthow it did feel damp still, i can understand if none of the seeds germinated successfully but 3 out of 4 i cant any help would be much be appreciated thanks

Hello I've recently germinated 4 seats for my next run but only one of the seeds was successful at germinating all the way, the other three popped and the tap root started to appear but then for some reason they just stopped growing, im using is the paper towel method after letting my seeds soak for 12 hours, I have the paper tower and the seeds in between two dinner plates on a heat Matt with a power timer set to 30 minutes on 15 minutes off so it doesn't get too hot the only thing I can think of is maybe the paper towel dried out a little bit too much but allthow it did feel damp still, i can understand if none of the seeds germinated successfully but 3 out of 4 i cant any help would be much be appreciated thanks
I've had that ais few times before . Usually from either too much water or too much heat. Are the taps dry and brown or still white and fleshy? If fleshy drop them in some moist soil and maybe they will kick into gear

Foolproof.
Rapid Rooters.jpg

I always get mine straight into soil as soon as the taproot is out. Too much room for error otherwise.

What advantages does the paper towel method have?

I prefer to soak and put in soil, coco or whatever you'll use.
It's just a very humid environment which has traditionally been a very successful way to germinate seeds. The trouble with it is that at times, a heat mat needs to be used and the heat mat has a tendency to dry out the paper towel and kill the seed if you forget to check on it for too long.

OK fair enough I guess. I see the soak as the very humid environment, after that it needs warmth, moisture and air. I also don't believe that the taproot should ever see the light. I see this method as choking the seed then blinding it then manhandling it. Why bother.

Just the way I see it I guess. I will admit it's very popular, even the seeds I bought stated that if I didn't use the paper towel method my guarantee would be void?o_O

Being an old farmer I can safely say that I seen gazillions of dry seeds grow with minimum moisture. Once they decide to make a taproot they're off to find the moisture needed. Moisture, warmth and air:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom