420 and android 420 app don't allow login

MikkaTheEnt

Neither 420 or 420 Magazine's own android apps allow me to login. I get an unspecified network error and a plea to try again later. Only going to a mobile web browser works. Any ETA on fixes for mobile apps?

Neither 420 or 420 Magazine's own android apps allow me to login. I get an unspecified network error and a plea to try again later. Only going to a mobile web browser works. Any ETA on fixes for mobile apps?
The Mobile app is dead as of two days ago, use the mobile friendly web page now from any browser.

All are still being updated after an entire website rebuild.

The 420 Magazine and 420 apps are both currently non-operational. The entire website is now fully mobile-friendly and responsive, if accessed through a browser. We recommend Google Chrome, as it tends to work the best out of all browsers available. The reason we were forced to disable the mobile apps for now, is due to the fact that 420 began forcing our member photo uploads to their server without any notice or permission whatsoever, instead of ours. Not only did this cause empty posts on our website when they deleted them, it was also not secure for our members. Our own software strips all the exif location data from photos, and we host on secure servers in Canada. Our members' security is our primary responsibility. When we inquired to 420, they shut off our mobile uploads altogether. When we inquired again, they told us we could upload photos as attachments, which is 20 year old technology and runs risk of embedding viruses and trojans. When we inquired about that, they banned us from their support forums and said if we didn't like it, we could cancel our account. For these reasons, we have decided to not work with them anymore, while we search for a new developer to create an app for us, under our own conditions and control.

Find out more about the transition here
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...things-that-need-fixing-or-addressing.442698/

This is our new photo tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/information-for-all-420-users.280317/post-3929054

Back
Top Bottom