Taste test

RJD2M86

I had taken a little bit off of a plant to test the taste of the plant. I dried it in a bag for a few days until i knew it was smokable. The taste was not bad, although I know it will be better with full attention to detail during harvest. What I'm woondering about is the losss of smell.. The plant smells terrific and it smelled great when i took some off, but when i smelled it after drying for a few days it had mainly like a chlorophyll or grassy stench.. My question is will my whole crop have this grassy stench? or will the awesome smell from when it was a plant return?

What you're smelling is the chlorophyll breaking down.
What you need to do now, while the plant is still a bit moist, is cure (age)your weed.
A min. 2-week cure (more is better) will bring out the flavor & aroma, as well as make the buds up to 30% more potent.
Check the other threads in this section if you'll unfamiliar with the curing process.

RJD2M86 said:
...mainly like a chlorophyll or grassy stench.. My question is will my whole crop have this grassy stench? or will the awesome smell from when it was a plant return?

LOL I hate that stage. It's the point of no return...either you finish it right or it will be like that forever. :bongrip:

Whatever you do, don't jar it while it smells like that. Wait until it seems completely dry before you go to the jar for curing. the stem should snap cleanly before you put it in. Thne make sure to burp the jars multiple times a day. I ruined a zip of blueberry X magic carpet by putting it in a jar too soon. It smelled grassy until you squeezed it or chopped it, but the jar smelled like lawn clippings. got you fucked up tho. LOL

Back
Top Bottom