Chappie

Hey all, it's been a minute since I've been actively posting on here but I'm back and ready for another grow journal!

For this grow, I will be doing the strain: Rainbow Haze 🌈 from cks.
Indica/sativa/hybrid: all the info said was high thc and a pretty balanced hybrid.
Veg or flower stage: Veg for 2 weeks
Indoor or outdoor: indoor inside of a 5x5 dr150 tent
Soil or hydro: 4 pot current culture rdwc system but only using 2 pots plus the control bucket.
Size of light: fluence spyder 2i. 600w, 1000w equivalent. It's 4x4 ft light but covers a 5x5 area and I'll be using it the whole grow with a dimmer.
Air cooled: t6 ac infinity with a extended size carbon scrubber.
Temp: 73-83
R.h- 40-50%
Ph-5.5-6.5
Any pests: not yet!
Type and strength of nutrients: maxi bloom at 1/4 strength for now. Normally I run supernatural brand (bloom aqua) which I will be switching back to later. A bloom booster (sonic bloom) and watermax.

Some other odds and ends I am using include air pump, 2 clip on fans, trellis net, small CFL light, 1/4 hp water chiller, 20 gal top off reservoir, blue lab guardian monitor, dehumidifier and humidifier.

Now for the grow so far...
I started germinating at the end of July. The seeds took 2 days to pop and then I planted into 2" pre soacked rockwool cubes. 2-3 days later and they sprouted. Once the tap root showed out the bottom, into the system they went. Currently they are on day 13 of veg and all my fans and pumps are running. My light is currently at 50% and about 6-12" away from the plants. Ppm 480 ph 5.6 water temp 68.
Also the plan for training them is pretty simple this time around. I plan on topping them at the 6th or so node and then create a nice mainline. Top those for 4 total tops on each and finally throw a trellis on top.

I will be sure to get some pictures up once I figure out how to upload them again.

Taking the time today to make some budder. Using the left over trim from my last grow to make it. It's mixed with buds because I use the ufo trimmer to trim my buds... I'm lazy lol and it always chops off too much.
Follow the rqs site for a recipe this time. It calls for 1.5 Oz for a half lb of butter. I'll be following this method and letting simmer for 8 - 12 hours.

Taking the time today to make some budder. Using the left over trim from my last grow to make it. It's mixed with buds because I use the ufo trimmer to trim my buds... I'm lazy lol and it always chops off too much.
Follow the rqs site for a recipe this time. It calls for 1.5 Oz for a half lb of butter. I'll be following this method and letting simmer for 8 - 12 hours.

Hey Chappie, nice start to the grow and awesome budder slab.... I always use my trim for budder..Love it first thing in the a.m on my breakfast. 😵‍💫

But I'll be in and out have a great day :headbanger:

Hello all.
I'm back and ready for another update.
Today is day 22 of veg and they are doing alright. I'm still waiting for them to grow a couple nodes taller before I top them. They will be topped at the 6th node and then the I am going to mainline them and strip everything away under that 6th node. I will then use some lst to train the 2 remaining branches and finally once those are long enough they will each be topped again for a total of 4 main colas.
My goal here for this grow is a total of 3lbs from the one light. I already know that's a long shot but my last grow was 2lbs from the one light and I had to harvest a couple weeks early. So I definetly think it's within reason.
I still haven't gotten my regular nutrients but I haven't done my reservoir change yet so it's not a huge deal yet.
Some stats:
Temp: 73-85
PH: 5.5-6.5
R.H: 40-50%
Water Temp: 66-68
PPM: 600 and letting it drift down to about 400 before topping up again.
I am also adding watermax once a week at 30ml.
Overall things are going well and the ladies are really taking off. I want to wait a good amount of time before I do any training or stressful activities to them, in hopes that the recovery time will be a little shorter when i do.
Any other advice is welcome. look forward to getting some different input on how other people train their plants. So far ive had the most success with the mainline method coupled with topping and a little lst.
Welp, until next time folks!

Show em who's boss! Nice trim job. Nice setup as well.

Hello everyone!

Today is day 30. And the ladies are looking good. They both got topped for a second time today and once the branches become a tad bit longer, I will be doing some lst on them. As for the training goes, I am all done topping, and they will just get lst along with some pruning here and there. Although I will be cutting/pruning a lot of popcorn buds and branches that seem like they are going to be small. I'm going for some long thick colas, and I don't want anything holding them back.
I plan on giving the ladies 2 major trims taking most of the big fan leaves off at 2 different times during flower to hopefully increase the production towards the buds, otherwise I will be doing the standard defoliation during the veg time.
As of now though, the ladies are on autopilot. I'm in the tent once a day but I don't do a whole lot. I bumped my light up another few inches and she's running at 75% currently. Temps and humidity are fairly good, my ac infinity fan has been on low so that tells me my air quality has been somewhat good. Temp 75-85 humidity 40-50%. Water temps have been 67-69 degrees and the P.H. I am letting float from 5.5 to 6.5.
I also did a reservoir change a few days ago. When I added my nutrients, I overshot a little and took it to 700ppm. I left it alone and after a couple days the plants started eating again... and a lot too! Overall, I'm running around 18-19 gallons of water in the system between the 2 pots and the control bucket. I added 2.5 Tbsp of maxi grow and 30 ml of watermax which brought me to 700ppm.

Day 35 update

They are still doing good, however when I was doing some lst I was a little rough and broke one of the tops. I didn't break it all the way so I left it and it has started to grow back together and I'm hoping it will survive.
I haven't done much lately except for the lst and I put my trellis net up today.
Temps and humidity are riding steady at around 79-85 and 38-45%. PPMs are 500 and p.h. is 6.4.

Update:

I also have problems with the roots growing through my pipes into the next bucket and restricting water flow. The second buckets roots grow into the return line and eventually twist into a rope causing my water pump to seize up. This is what has happened again and I have since fixed but just another update on the problems that arise throughout the grow. Usually, I just close of the water lines and disconnect my water pump and the roots usually pull out in one big rope :woohoo:. Anyway till next time :peacetwo:

They look like they're ready to go. Have you thought about tying the long end of the root in a knot around the main root ball?

Back
Top Bottom