Tatter Sally's Aquamist Northern Lights - NYPD - Aurora Indica Grow Journal

Re: Tatter Sally's Aquamist NorthernLights, NYPD, Aurora Indica Grow Journal

im gunna be watching the rest of this grow. just watched all 4 parts to the video. holy shit. that is pretty wild. definitely seems like there are too many plants in the video and could have increased a little bit with density if a couple of the plants were chucked..
well. great work man. seriously!
im sticking around

3_weeks_into_flower1.JPG

Aurora Indica

flowering_21days.JPG

NYPD

no_room1.JPG

Time for some LST?

Sorry Tatter... I've been absentee. I'm on a kidney transplant list. Your plants look great. A couple of things that would've helped. A light rail or 2 keeps the plants nice and even as well as it lets you keep the light close to avoid stretching until you are to the strain. The veg period might have been a day or 2 long since the plants took off on you. Some bending or LST would help along with some pruning as well.
I should pay more attention because you probably know who I am?

Sorry Tatter... I've been absentee. I'm on a kidney transplant list. Your plants look great. A couple of things that would've helped. A light rail or 2 keeps the plants nice and even as well as it lets you keep the light close to avoid stretching until you are to the strain. The veg period might have been a day or 2 long since the plants took off on you. Some bending or LST would help along with some pruning as well.
I should pay more attention because you probably know who I am?

Hey Chosen...Hope you are feeling better... I took your advice and did some bending and pruning last week and took some of the top buds off to dry today....I'm very happy with my Aquamist systems...they couldnt have performed better...I on the other hand made some rookie mistakes. I should have done some topping and Lst ing at the beginning, because I lost some plants due to the fact that the center ones got too tall and blocked the light from the outer rows. Live and learn....I want to thank everyone that has helped me with this grow....I've gotten some great advice.

Hey, no worries. The system will last for years on end. I can't wait until you get up and running again. You'll be pulling some heavy weight in no time. Take care Tatter...

photo_1_8.JPG

Thinning the Crop...

photo_2_13.JPG

photo_11_3.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/photo87.JPG
First Fruits of the Harvest

Love the jungle picture :) next grow stick to one or two strains/ per light that are similar in size. so you can keep them bush-ier. Look as if some did some stretching. You can minimize this by Keeping the light closer, which is hard when one is in the light while the others are mid way to the light. but lst will help considerably, Other wise very nice

Thanks Chosen and Basementdwell....I'm hooked...I havent grown any pot for 30 years and it was a blast. I've been testing out the buds and the Aurora is kickass super couchlock....the NYPD is pretty heady... and the Northernlights is just a great overall buzz....Pretty much right on the money from Nirvana seeds.

Hey tatter just caught your thread in time i guess
great job for a first time!
great job on picking up on that heat stress early on...you obviously have a green thumb
few thingsi thought id trhow your way...
first check out the yeast C02 generators... they are easy to create and in the long run WAY cheaper than buying dry ice
second another way to keep the stretch down is well thought out and planed defoliation of the plant... not only will alow light to penetrate further through the canopy, it will make it alot easier to manage heat, humidity, as well as alow you to move the branches around easyer
three begin your LST around teh second week in veg or if you top the third and give it two weeks to recover before flowering
i hope these things can help you our on your journey
look forward to a smoke report and total weight!
good job Sista!:high-five:

I want to thank everyone for their great advice and help along with this first grow... I ended up getting just over a pound and a half of very nice buds.

I made three big mistakes that caused my yields to be lower that projected.

#1 I never brought the light closer because of the heat stress on the plants in the beginning, which caused way to much stretching..... I think I have fixed that problem for the next grow by getting a digital ballast that I can dim down to 600W for the veg period.

#2 Should have LST''ed or Topped to prevent stretching once it started to happen.

#3 I should have drained and refilled the reservoir when I switched from the vegetation state to flowering.

I thought I would get 2 to 3 pounds

I'm curing about an ounce of each strain for my own use and I'm going to start the next grow, which will be all Aurora Indica, in a couple of weeks

Had a smoke tasting party last week and the Aurora Indica wins hands down...LOL.. I think the THC content is about 20%.

I also want to thank the owners of this website and all the folks who contribute. I have spent many hours reading through the post and journals and I learn something new everyday. ;)

Curing_the_bud.JPG

thats why this site is the shit!
no matter how long your have grown you can always learn something new every day! if you think you know it all you really know nothing!
if we keep an open mind in life there is no limit to what we can do and achieve!
keep reading, learning, and applying it!:goodluck:

Just a quick question to my friends before I closed this journal up.... I just bought a Re-Volt 1000 watt dimable digital ballast for the next grow...Do I have to get a separate bulb for each of the levels of wattage I'm going to use...500...750... 1000...or can I just use the 1000 watter that I had for this grow and just dim the wattage? This is probably a stupid question, but I dont want to burn out any bulbs or cause any fire hazards....it would be nice if they sent some kind of directions with the ballast...but no

to my understanding you use the 1000 watt and it dims as the current is lessened.... a note though is that your bulbs will not last as long with a dim-able ballast as they will with a normal digital balast
good luck on your next grow... ill keep my eye open

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom