TC Cranks All The Way Up: My Attempt To Max The Frost & Pounds

TriangleCheese

It's been a long time since I started growing and from the first day, I've been dreaming about a huge and professional grow space. I am growing for myself and after my BG41 harvest, I fulled my stash and won't be running out of nugs anymore because I finally managed to prepare a proper grow space in a proper house.

This journal will be all about some flowering clones coming out of my nursery nextdoors. There is a link in my sig. for that. I'll try to grow a SOG but if I can't get enough clones from my bonsai moms I can veg. some batches a week longer inside this bloom tent to get bigger plants. Here is what my nursery looks like;

And here are some grow facts;

- Secret Jardin DR150W 90x150x200 grow tent. I've been waiting for this new tent and the hydrostore here finally hooked me up with one. I got 200cm of height now and that is what I've been waiting to start this journal.

- My own design LED fixtures;

First one has 220W of power, full spectrum LM301's with Meanwell XLG-240 and a mighty heatsink.
Second one has 340W of power, my custom choice of full spectrum LED's with 380W OSRAM driver and 660nm OSLON deep red LED's. Lenses are the same on both models and they have outstanding optical efficiency. Bigass heatsinks are properly cooling these hardworking diodes. I am trying to figure out shipping to sponsor 420Mag. with these fixtures next year. I'll start a business on grow LED's at the end of '20. My main goal is to design LED's for vertical farming but I am also planning to distribute these kickass LED's tuned for MJ soon:rollit: You'll be hearing all about my LED's when we get things sorted out and ready for a sponsorship here.

- Fabric pots and coco coir as medium. I'll top the coco coir with perlite and diatomaceous earth to prevent possible fungus gnat infestation. I cleaned up the grow area today and sealed the windows. I'll bottom feed from big trays to keep the DE dry on top.

- 380m^3/h silent output fan and 110m^3/h intake fan. Carbon filter will be installed soon. Big fan for advanced air circulation inside the tent.

- Airpump is pumping 24h inside the nutrient bucket. I got a nice dehumidifier to control the RH because the average levels are really high here. Some strings and wires for LST. I won't be SCROG'ing anything because I'll try to fit a lot of small plants in there.

-Current genetics;

1- Barney's Farm Pink Kush. I got a mother plant from clone and getting some stable clones for a while. Mother of this mother is currently flowering inside the bloom tent. I'll be posting this grandmother's last three weeks of flowering here in this journal.

2- Barney's Farm Purple Punch. I got a mother from seed and haven't taken any clones from her yet. I am still waiting to top her and at least get one Purple Punch clone ready for the SOG alongside with the Pink Kush clones.

- Genetics to be added after the COVID shit is over;

Barney's Farm sent me a promo pack of seeds and some merch as you can see. Unfortunately, I can't get them delivered here so I asked them to ship it to my friend in NL. My friend recieved the pack and hopefully I can get my hands on these seeds soon. I am planning to cross these genetics with some help from a fellow mastergrower here. I think I'll be smoking my own breeds of choice in a year or so. Until then, all we see here will be Pink Kush and Purple Punch. You can always follow my nursery journal to find out what you'll be watching here.

I removed my two 3x3 tents today and installed this minty fresh tent from Jardin. My LED's are very bright as usual and the airflow inside the tent is unbelievable. I won't be having any trouble with this setup. I just need some proper CO2. Here is what we have right now;

A few words about these plants would be nice. First of all, these plants weren't grown in this tent so they look kinda weird inside the new setup :) The bushy one on the left is the Pink Kush. It's been 40 days since they started shooting flowers. It is nice to know that these buds are very frosty and sticky because I have twelve clones from this plant, as well as a short mom as I mentioned in the beginning. Other plants are the two Blue Gelato 41 clones from my main BG41(RIP :lot-o-toke:) I didn't care too much for these clones and they got minorly damaged while I was getting them out of the crappy tiny old so called grow tents. Anyways, they have at least four weeks and I am expecting them to fill these big colas nicely because their mother did this without much effort :morenutes: Pink Kush will be harvested at the end of October '20.

Let's check out the frost on that Pink Kush I've been talking about;

Trichomes and some more;

I think we are off to a good start. I want to tag some fellow growers if you guys don't mind :Namaste: Just want to let you guys know where I'll be at for a while:passitleft: @Pennywise :passitleft: @ProfessorFlora :passitleft: @Bionic Chronic NZ :passitleft: @BeanTownFan420

Congrats on your own business, wish you nothing but success.

Thank you for your kind words Penny. This plant is a major part of my life and since I've studied physics I told myself why not and now I am here. I believe in what I do and since I don't depend on this business I think it will feel rewarding and don't stress me out much. I think it will grow slowly on a solid foundation. We already got an installation job for this nicely funded vertical farm project and I am tryting to build a custom LED bar system with some app. programming that will enable us to mimic the morning, early and late afternoon sun. They will be growing lettuce and some green salad stuff mostly. I've been away from electronics for a long time and being busy with it for a couple of months changed my daily routine in a nice way already. I've been watching some debates, lectures and documentaries with some fat joints for a week. I think this is grown up fun :ganjamon:

Congrats brother... looking like a bit of fun in here and let's hope those magic bean's get to you safely....
Love what you're doing and man i wish i could have a small commercial grow too....
:ganjamon:

Pink Kush is one of my favorites. It puts me into hibernation every time. That's exactly what I'm after - or at least until I have things to do and decided to get wrecked on p.k in the morning. :laughtwo:

I still have a lot of catching up to do but first I need to straighten things around here. I decided to give them an extra week so I will be harvesting both plants this weekend. These BG41 clones got damaged during tent change and I won't wait more for them. Most of their stalks are damaged and flowers are not bulking up anymore but they've ripened a lot during this extra week.

I will move my four Pink Kush clones inside the tent after harvesting these. I got some more clones but they are not progressing fast but if they start growing, I will try to fit as much Pink Kush clones inside my 3x5 tent. Frost on Pink Kush is freaking amazing and I think I'll keep growing this one for a long while.

Here are some quick pictures. Cheers guys :passitleft:

BG41 clones;

Pink Kush Trichomes;

Very nice budding and growth, Just curious now that 70-80% of her hairs are orange.(but not fully orange) and a nice bit of amber im gonna say 10-15% ish.
Are u going to wait for more orange hairs or more ambering, or whould u consider her done now (terp./potency wise) ?

Hey IC :passitleft:

So far I've grown four BG41 plants and they all had lots of orange hairs. I mean exceptionally. I don't care much about the orange hairs tbh though. About the trichomes on BG41, very few of them are amber. I can say around %2-3. But we got a lot more on the Pink Kush. However, I am taking trichome pictures from the most ripened nugs and in overall, Pink Kush should have around %6-7 amber tops.

Potency wise, I can't complain about amber. As widely accepted, amber trichomes indicate CBN and therefore couchlock effect. I need my nugs to hit me very hard both mentally and physically. Some people prefer a trip without body high and thats when you try to avoid amber trichs. For me, around %10 amber is more than OK. I think that buds with more amber ratio than %10 can be considered more ripened. The taste characteristics of a particular strain becomes more present when I let them ripen longer than amber haters.

I'll harvest both plants on this sunday. These BG41's and PK were flowered in a 85x85x180 crappy grow tent and they got damaged while I was carrying them. They were literally sitting on each others laps for 6-7 weeks in the bloom period so I call this a below average grow. We'll be starting fresh for this journal on next monday with four amazing Pink Kush clones to be vegged for a while in here.

This winter is going to be freakin frosty guys. Make sure you warm your seats before we get there cuz Pink Kush will freeze your butts :high-five:

Very nice indeed. I dont worrie bout the hairs that much either as long as there not dying or over cooking basically. I can never tell % of amber. Because i might see a bunch on the sugar leaves and one or 2 among clear and cloudy trichs on the bud and id call that 1-2% even tho it could be ..5% Lol
And i just assume the ones deeper in the buds (that i cant see aswell) are less devoleped (clear)

Very nice indeed. I dont worrie bout the hairs that much either as long as there not dying or over cooking basically. I can never tell % of amber. Because i might see a bunch on the sugar leaves and one or 2 among clear and cloudy trichs on the bud and id call that 1-2% even tho it could be ..5% Lol
And i just assume the ones deeper in the buds (that i cant see aswell) are less devoleped (clear)

Nice observations there. It would be logical to assume that the trichomes inside the nugs would have less amber because the outter parts are being exposed to light and should be considered more ripened at all times. However the amber ratio difference wouldn't be great. Outter parts are acting like monitors and should tell a lot about the inside. If your nugs are looking good from the outside, inner parts of them should also be just as good. If you like some body effect like me, you can monitor the bud from outside until you get %10 amber on the most ripened buds on your plant. You can still give your plant a couple of days under lights to promote ripening on other buds as well. I think in 1-2 days the average ratio would be very close to or slightly greater than %10 in all parts. Always make sure to monitor the most ripened bud because if the ratio rises too fast, you can turn the lights off and get a more desired amber ratio from the rest of your plant.

Ok intresting on the lights off and more ambering, i hear people doing 24/48 hour darkness at the end of grows. Id have to do 2 clones back to back to notice the difference in it all. And i think the Famous Emilya on here had a thing about trich ripening time and the fact that trichs. still ripen when drying curing. At what rate and how much im unsure (il have to find that post again)
Ill follow along anyway see how things are done over here. And im soon to try GG strain line anyway so nice to know her trates :)

Ok intresting on the lights off and more ambering, i hear people doing 24/48 hour darkness at the end of grows. Id have to do 2 clones back to back to notice the difference in it all. And i think the Famous Emilya on here had a thing about trich ripening time and the fact that trichs. still ripen when drying curing. At what rate and how much im unsure (il have to find that post again)
Ill follow along anyway see how things are done over here. And im soon to try GG strain line anyway so nice to know her trates :)

As long as you can keep your nugs in curing ripening continues. Same thing goes with fruit and veggies as well. Most fruits tend to go softer and sweeter as they wait in a proper storage.

24h dark period right before harvest is a good thing to do. I'll wait around 30 hours this time because I decided to harvest these babies this night. I'll rub some charas to kiss me goodbye this time because I don't have any alcohol left. Anyways, this 24-48h darkness thing is also applicable to other plants. Lots of farmers chop their plants right before the sun is up. It is a pretty common thing. Although I can't recall where but there should be some scientific information about this subject stating basically that the stuff you don't want to taste goes down the roots when there is no light. As cannabis growers we are leaving our plants without light for their last 24-48 hours and trying to crop our plants in a dark chamber to get the same effect. I don't think people are leaving their plants in dark before chopping to get more amber trichomes.

Back
Top Bottom