TC's Purple Punch Strain Review & Smoke Report, Barney's Farm

TriangleCheese

I'm here with my smoke report and strain review for Barney's Farm Purple Punch.

I've been growing this strain for a few years and I kept my mother plant alive for a long time. I decided to start a new mother because the previous mother was kinda stretched for my mini nursery. I'll only be keeping a single mother for cloning and graft several good strains onto this Pink Kush mother, which is another great genetics from Barney's Farm. Stretch was my fault and Purple Punch should not be classified as a stretcher.

Breeder states that they used Larry OG and GDP to breed this Purple Punch. Beans from Barney's are stable as hell. Plants look very much alike from each seed. Grows with an amazing structure and it is extremely easy to train and trim the Purple Punch. I've grown a lot of strains and so far, this one has the most perfect growing pattern among all.

I am growing PP with 5.8pH and 850-900PPM in flowering. @Light Addict 's tip spreading trick does a lot of good to Purple Punch. Branches are very thick so stacking nodes results in huge colas. This plant can definitely able to produce big colas even if you train it to have a lot.

I've also grown a Purple Punch SOG and the clones performed amazing in this method as well. Like I said this one is very easy to grow and rewards you with lots of top shelf nugs every time. I used my own LED lights for the SOG and I'm still going with different prototypes.

Lets talk about the potency and the experience. After curing, my PP nugs tasted incredible and almost the same each time, for each nug. Lower parts were also top shelf as they were exposed to fair amounts of light in both grows. Potency is very high on this when grown properly and I can get what I want in a single joint. I can get more than I want when I roll a fat one and I'm a daily heavy smoker for at least 10 years. Very high tolerance here.

PP taste is very specific. I can recognize and smell it easily. I can't describe the taste easily as it doesn't remind me of a particular one. I find it to be very dense and aromatic. Maybe some cotton candy and fruity kush undertones. I mostly get a dank feeling and it is a joy to smoke. I also COB cured 20g of PP and those fermented nugs tasted heavenly. Classic COB flavor here but this time it felt like I hit the actual TOP. I advise you taste freaks to ferment your cannabis. This is the best way of curing when it comes to intensify the taste all the way.

I hope you guys will decide to keep this one in your arsenal. A lot of boutique breeders are using PP in their breeds and there is no reason for you to do the same. I currently have a cross between Purple Punch and Pink Kush and growing some clones that I've cut from the mother. I'm expecting a great outcome from that cross.

Cheers :passitleft::passitleft:

Thanks TC! One day I have to wet my seeds! Sounds like fine smoke!

Great news SO :passitleft: A grower like you must have some good phenos and I hope you consider crossing them with the PP after smoking yours. In House genetics is breeding with this strain like crazy. I'll replicate some of their crosses as well. Slurricane(PPxDosidos) is the first one I'll go for. I'll share some flowering pics of my cross between Pink Kush and the PP soon. Expectations are high.

Great news SO :passitleft: A grower like you must have some good phenos and I hope you consider crossing them with the PP after smoking yours. In House genetics is breeding with this strain like crazy. I'll replicate some of their crosses as well. Slurricane(PPxDosidos) is the first one I'll go for. I'll share some flowering pics of my cross between Pink Kush and the PP soon. Expectations are high.
I see some beautiful P Punches around and now to see the crosses is great! I got lucky with free seeds in an order or two! Hmmm PP x ??? one grow soon!

Nice write up TC! I keep hearing good things about the PP, I'll have to try getting hold of some beans. So many strains I'd like to try, and this is definitely on the list!

I see some beautiful P Punches around and now to see the crosses is great! I got lucky with free seeds in an order or two! Hmmm PP x ??? one grow soon!

Nice to have some extra beans of PP. I'll also re-order soon. Tag me along if you decide to start a journal brother :passitleft:

Nice write up TC! I keep hearing good things about the PP, I'll have to try getting hold of some beans. So many strains I'd like to try, and this is definitely on the list!

Thank you brother :passitleft:This one is a keeper. I'll be sticking to this for a long time. I lost my appetite for growing many strains. I'll stick to my favorites for a while and make a tasteful and big stash. I got pretty weak strains with high hopes in the past so if some strain hits the mark, I'll keep it. And I will keep the number of strains limited to five at a time.

You did a killer job TC! I will have to give Barney’s PP a shot, if I did half as good as yours it’s be impressive.
happy tokin!

Thanks JamesBong :passitleft: I hope you can grow better than I do. You can tag me along for some advise on the way.

Back
Top Bottom