Teachme's Indoor Closet Grow

stems feels pretty thick and strong now for the size and yes it is straightening out. and im thinking that my plant is going to end up well i dont really think its stunted because its growing a new group of leaves in the middle on the top, ill put a pic up. sorry by the way about all the pics i put up by the way. im new so im pretty excited as a new grower. itll slow down as my experience goes.

new_group.jpg

let me know what you guys think! :Rasta:

thanks! something good/glad to hear. i didnt end up re-potting, what i did was just fill the remaining space of the little pot with some new soil because the level from before kept lowering from watering it. i also added a little bit of the ferilizer i have last night too.

hey guys. update: but some of the leaves are droopy again and i dont know if its from over watering this time. a decent amount of the leaves on my plant have that dead look at the ends of them and one end the leaves is a little yellow. but other than the tips the droopy parts the plant and leaves look healthy and is still sprouting more leaves. i gave it a watering mixed with 1/3 strength of my fertilizer tonight and hope it does something. if anyone knows what i could do to maybe fix this if its going to cause a problem let me know please. ill post pics tomorrow.

Just relax and watch it grow. Over watering causes root rot and does not happen from a single watering. It is the result of being too wet for extended periods. Different forms of shock occur as you grow and some leaves are going to die. You never know when your plant is finally going to find her wheels and start going. Read a lot, look at other people's threads and see what they are going through. Look at the problems other people post that are just getting started and you will learn more than watching the threads of the veterans that have their systems dialed in. With that being said, I have seen veterans have serious problems too. It is a hobby, a past time, something that takes patience and understanding. When you take an outdoor plant and try to create an environment indoors the task can be challenging. That is part of the fun. The puzzle of figuring out all the things to get it done. I know your space is small, but you really should have a few seedlings going. I am just crossing my fingers that this is not a male. If it is still growing and making new leaves you are fine.

teach I think from the last pic she looks like she is doing good. Just be patient she will be fine. like G Dog said read other journals and learn what to do and what not to do. you got plenty of support here

Just relax and watch it grow. Over watering causes root rot and does not happen from a single watering. It is the result of being too wet for extended periods. Different forms of shock occur as you grow and some leaves are going to die. You never know when your plant is finally going to find her wheels and start going. Read a lot, look at other people's threads and see what they are going through. Look at the problems other people post that are just getting started and you will learn more than watching the threads of the veterans that have their systems dialed in. With that being said, I have seen veterans have serious problems too. It is a hobby, a past time, something that takes patience and understanding. When you take an outdoor plant and try to create an environment indoors the task can be challenging. That is part of the fun. The puzzle of figuring out all the things to get it done. I know your space is small, but you really should have a few seedlings going. I am just crossing my fingers that this is not a male. If it is still growing and making new leaves you are fine.

Hey teach, I agree with G-Dog, especially about starting more than one plant. I know you started one or two more but if you are using bagseed I would start as many as you can fit and take out the weakest as you run out of room. It may sound wasteful and it's not easy throwing a plant away but if you are going to grow you might as well get used to getting rid of males and weaklings.

About the yellow on the leaf tips, (has anyone else read this?) I read that when the roots are developing they feed from the leaves and sometimes cause them to yellow. This usually starts toward the bottom. :peace:

When you have plenty to select from it is not just robust growth in the beginning. Node spacing and overall health are things to look for. Some plants are natural winners and others not so much. But then you have a couple winners left after you throw away the weaklings and you have to determine sex out of what is left. It is a weed and therefore a numbers game. So many things happen to weeds, so many mutations, so many variables. But once you get something that has healthy growth patterns and you want to clone it. And then after you determine sex you can throw away the males clones. Growing from your own clones should be the ultimate goal of any seed grower.

alright sounds like a plan. thank you g-dog this i all great help you have been constantly giving me and i appreciate it. also a good stress reliever to know it should be fine thanks! and ive been constantly germinating seeds through out this grow to plant in my space like you said in a post a little while back its just the waiting for them and the 3 that already previously died thats been keeping me from having more plants in there. but ill put up a pic later so you guys can see the rest of the plant that has been sprouting nicely. :blunt:

Everything is looking good here bro! Keep it up. :yahoo:

haha thanks guys glad to hear that! yea the plants growing nicely. you cant see it in the pics but abunch of the leaves are still giving that dead look towards the ends of them and some starting to yellow a little. but the plants going so im not worrying well just see where it goes. but a fuse just blew now as im typing this so my cfl's went out... fucking awesome. gotta try and get this taken care of now so i shall talk to you guys lata. :peace:

hey chrome long time no talk it feels like for some reason. yea my plants having a litttle yellowing problems on the bottom nodes and dead look on the tips and sides of some. i added 1/3 strength of my fertilizer a few days ago. ill probably add 1/3 strength once a week or every 2. then ill go to half strength. the leaves that are doing the worst are my bottom nodes but theyre not even thaaat bad. my plants still doing good though, grew out its 3rd layer of nodes and the 4th is comming in. heres a pic:

theres also a handicap leaf you can see on one of the top nodes top/top right, its kinda twisted a little.

3rd_node.jpg

ooo nice man hope you had a good time! but its not tooo great to discover weird things going on with your plants when you come back from vacation. im sure its things youll be able to figure out though. ive been checking out your grow and it sounds like youve got the hang and feel what to do so i got faith.

hey guys hows it going? i got a couple things. first off, i know ive been told not worry about my plant but its just most of the leaves and the new ones that are growing end up with that dead/burnt look on the tips and now on some of the sides of them a little bit too and a few are a little yellow at the ends. i did a little reading up and read that it might be a sulphur deficiency. i also may believe this because it says the stems can turn purple too and the the other seed i planted 2 nights ago that sprouted has a purple stem. i know that some kinds of plants do get purple stems but i just want to be cautious and ask. again i know ive been told already before it should be fine but i just want clearance. sorry if it is any annoyance.

When you have plenty to select from it is not just robust growth in the beginning. Node spacing and overall health are things to look for. Some plants are natural winners and others not so much. But then you have a couple winners left after you throw away the weaklings and you have to determine sex out of what is left. It is a weed and therefore a numbers game. So many things happen to weeds, so many mutations, so many variables. But once you get something that has healthy growth patterns and you want to clone it. And then after you determine sex you can throw away the males clones. Growing from your own clones should be the ultimate goal of any seed grower.

i wanted to add something about the node spacing you mentioned above here in my last post as well but figured id wait until it got a little bigger but going back and seeing this i might as well mention it. its nothing big but checking out my plant the last couple days ive noticed it getting pretty bushy for its size and abunch of little nodes growing where the older ones started and theyre getting bigger. i dont know if that will be an issue in any way like blocking light from the little nodes growing or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom