Teachme's Second Grow - Soil Grow - Santa and Deimos Autoflowers (Pics Included)

Re: teachme's second grow, soil grow, santa and deimos autoflowers (pics included)

Thank you my friend I will keep that in mind and probably stop by the hydro store sometime this week or next.

Re: teachme's second grow, soil grow, santa and deimos autoflowers (pics included)

Yea dude I read about them too before I bought it and it sounded like a good strand to me. But my santa isnt really flowering that much yet and I can only see a few strands of hairs compared to my deimos which is covered and I planted them both at the same time. Height wise Im not sure if I mest up somehow but it only stands at like 6 or 7 inches right now. But I think these problems might be due to nute lock up or something because the ph was very low. once i added the ph up though it seemed like the santa plant grew a little taller. But goodluck with your gems man I hope they keep to their name. Ill be stopping by to see how they grow soon but I gotta go make "brownies" right now. Thanks for stopping in bro.

Hey guys got a question. I know when a plants in flower and its nearing the end and stuff how the leaves will turn and wilt from the buds taking the nutrients, but on mine the leaves are black and dry/crusty. Is that normal for flowering?

Been tryin to post pics for weeks my man. I usually did it through my phone but all of a sudden when I take a pic now, it says it saves but its never in my pics. At first I thought maybe i the memory was full and I tried deleting pics but when i closed out and went back to my pics, the pics I previously deleted are back... I have no idea what the problem is. I tried using my bros my phone and after I got it to the site, it said it doesnt support it yet and Im tryin my other friends now. I had a camera but my brother broke it.

But Ill keep you guys posted best I can and keep workin on the pics.

Hey everyone. going on day 55, tried 4 different methods of getting pictures up but everytime the site told me it doesnt support that type or whatever yet. So Im sorry I havnt been able to get pics up lately I really wish I could because my girls are doing awesome. But Ill update the best I can. The deimos im just about ready to harvest, its about 9 inches tall but FAT and holding a good amount of bud it looks like. Also very crystaly. I had a problem though with some leaves because, I know that during flowering leaves turn yellow because of the nutrients being sucked up but mine had yellow spots and I didnt know if the spots were normal. But I picked the spotted leaves off while I was trimming it earlier. The other lady, the santa, is also doing great. Since the other post where I was having problems, i fixed her and she bounced right back. Shes not as far along as the deimos maybe because shes an 80 day strain but Im not sure. Either way shes grown to about a foot and a half maybe and has a bunch of bud sites that are starting to grow with a decent amount of hairs! And my estimated weight of a half ounce to 3/4 an ounce for both together Im not gonna estimate the deimos itself will have maybe more. Im excited to see the santa when she really starts to flower. Well hope all is well with everyone else and to hear back soon. peace

Hey guys, been a little while since I got response but hopin for one this time. Well I flushed my plant on sunday to harvest this one comin up, but my plant has been flowering for a while now and its starting to feel kiiinda dry and I just wanted to know if that was ok or not and if not it was ok to harvest earlier than?

Hope to hear back from you guys soon. peacen :peace:

Been tryin to post pics for weeks my man. I usually did it through my phone but all of a sudden when I take a pic now, it says it saves but its never in my pics. At first I thought maybe i the memory was full and I tried deleting pics but when i closed out and went back to my pics, the pics I previously deleted are back... I have no idea what the problem is. I tried using my bros my phone and after I got it to the site, it said it doesnt support it yet and Im tryin my other friends now. I had a camera but my brother broke it.

But Ill keep you guys posted best I can and keep workin on the pics.

FYI...Check the settings on your phone. There (many times) is a setting for "default picture directory" which is where it will store all your pics. Perhaps this got changed on your phone?
:goodluck:

Hey guys. Harvested my plant today! Im a little confused about drieing though. I read and also was told by some to hang it upside down after and let it dry, then put in a paper bag, then in a jar. I was also told to just put it in a paper bag to dry because it takes less time then put in a jar. So right now i have my plant in a paper bag right now in one of my drawers to keep the light out. Some assistance would be nice. peace peeps

Hey guys. Harvested my plant today! Im a little confused about drieing though. I read and also was told by some to hang it upside down after and let it dry, then put in a paper bag, then in a jar. I was also told to just put it in a paper bag to dry because it takes less time then put in a jar. So right now i have my plant in a paper bag right now in one of my drawers to keep the light out. Some assistance would be nice. peace peeps

Here's some good info:

What is the best way to dry and preserve the cure for smooth, sweet buds?

In short, you dry it initially by hanging and then moving to paper bags, but once dried, you then move to jars to "cure".

I actually read that piece already and I saw in it how it said it might be best to hang it in the same room as it was grown but the problem with that is that I still have my second plant growing so I have to keep the lights on which is bad for the bud after harvest and thats why its in my drawer in the bag right now. I dont have much of an option right now ya know. But if you or anyone else have an idea that would be good Im all ears. Thanks guys.

I actually read that piece already and I saw in it how it said it might be best to hang it in the same room as it was grown but the problem with that is that I still have my second plant growing so I have to keep the lights on which is bad for the bud after harvest and thats why its in my drawer in the bag right now. I dont have much of an option right now ya know. But if you or anyone else have an idea that would be good Im all ears. Thanks guys.

I have same issue where plants will still be in flower when I harvest, but it doesn't need to be same room. They do recommend a room the same size.

I'm gonna get one of the large wardrobe boxes - one of the ones they use to move clothes (Costs something like $12 from U-Haul or one of the moving companies), that comes with a "hanger bar". I'm gonna hang a dry net from that, but you could just string some wire, and hook up some ventillation and use that as a "drying box". Once mostly dry, I'll move to paper bags and then glass canning jars (you can get them cheap at Ace Hardware with free shipping to your local store) for the cure.

I actually work for a moving company so I could easily get one of those haha. But as for a room the same size as my grow room I dont have another in my house I could use /: Especially to keep dark. But Ill probably use the wardrobe box idea. Thanks for the idea!

Hey found a spot to hang it and its been hangin for like 3 days now and the buds are all crispy but the stems still bend and not crack and I know your suppose to take them down when the stems snap. Is it ok for the buds to be all crispy and dry still?

I have yet to do my first harvest, so I'd get some other opinions, but I've heard of the "stem-snap" test, but also have been told that if the stem snaps, chances are it's already too dry and you should move to jars before the stem snaps.

I'd try to break up a bud like you were gonna roll a doob. If it's too moist to break up, I'd probably let it hang another day. If it's still moist, but seems to break up ok, I'd move it to jars to cure and keep an eye out for moisture. If you see moisture forming quickly, I'd probably move back to paper bags for a day. If not, just burp the jars as normal and let it cure for a few weeks.

If when you try to break it up it turns to dust or is dry throughout, it's probably already too dry to cure.

Oh ok gotcha. What if its too dry to cure though then what?

Then, what you taste is what you get. There are ways to re-moisten it, but it won't go through the "curing" process, so it may taste a little like chlorophyl and the flavor won't really improve with age like properly cured bud.

Hopefully, that's not the case! :wood:
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom