C_14x_20140917_102022.jpg

C_14x_20140917_102020.jpg

Critical+ 1.3.x
C_13x_20140917_102319.jpg
C_13x_20140917_102316.jpg

Grow area design
GrowRoom25.jpg

re: Tead - Indoor - Hempy - Crit+ & OGK - 2014

Are you simply exhausting AC tent air into the living space and the cool tube to the outside? Just confirming the mental picture in my head :)

Looking good so far!

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

The cool tube air system is separate from the rest of the grow area.
I did it that way because my chilled AC air doesn't need to be used to cool the light. Cool air is too precious in my outdoor shed, so I try to keep it in the grow area.
I've been able to keep the flower area in the upper 70's. The veg area gets a bit warmer but usually only 81ish and only for a few hours a day.
All in all, it's far from perfect, but is the best I can muster given the options available.
The hot weather should be receding in the coming few weeks and my temperature issues will be much easier to deal with.
It's not in the image, but the veg tent exhausts into the flower area.
I've been planning to get some foam board insulation installed, but have not implemented it yet.
I plan on getting an RH meter. I assume the AC is dropping the RH, but have not hard data on that yet.

Man... this would all be so much and easier if I had the option to do this indoors.

First feeding today.
1 gal tap water PH 8.3 set out for 48 hours uncovered.
1/2 tsp MG Bloom Booster (ummm because the grow shop near me moved as I just discovered....)
1/2 tsp CalMag
2 drops Super Thrive
PH'd to 5.7

Since this is the first feeding, I flushed them with a lot of the mix in order to push out the older water. I went thru the entire gallon.

I have some old nutes, but I don't want to use them since they're over a year old.
I'll be getting some new nutes soon.

I completely understand having to work with what you've got. Nicely executed plan, man.

/Obi
:peace:

I used to work on my motorcycle carburetors frequently. There is a method to measure the fuel level inside the float bowl that uses some clear fuel line run up the side of the bowl to visually see the fuel level. I've been toying with a modified hempy bucket design idea that would similarly provide a visual cue as well as drainage.

Brownie points for trying out the hose idea. I love homebrew tech and diy :)

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it does not or is just too clunky or inefficient. The journey is always good.

Keep on keepin' on.
/Obi-Wan
:peace:

I have smaller perlite as well. 1/4 hole has been sufficient.

/Obi

I re-visited the 1/2 tube bucket this morning to flush the medium some more.
I found that I had MUCH less perlite flowing out the hole. Almost none.
Since I'll be collecting the outflow in a container, I can easily deal with any perlite that does flow out.
I'm good with the 1/2 hole and hose configuration.
I did put together another bucket this morning and went with the more traditional 1/4in hole. Tried some airline tubing with it... clogged too easily.

RH meter acquired!
My Flower area is at 50%. The outside air is 68%. I'm pretty happy with that. I'll check the veg area when the lights come on tonight.
It's extra nice to know.
Nice find at my local Home Depot. Under $10 and has a 24hr high/low on both temps and RH.
I also picked up a brass fitting I'm going to try on my next hempy pot.

Busy morning....
Flushing new hempy buckets:
I think I prefer the larger hole. You get a lot more perlite out the hole when flushing, but the speed of flow and the ability to easily connect a drain hose are real attractions for me.
I'm using MG perlite. It has those damn little liquid balls of fertilizer in it. I've fished out all the ones I can find.
The MG perlite also has some real small stuff in it that forms sludge in the bottom of the buckets. I rinsed the perlite well before I put it in the hempy bucket.
I now have 2 buckets all set up and ready to go. I'll need to flush them one more time with PH5.8 water before I put the clones in them.​

Sunburn?
I believe I gave them some sunburn the other day when I fed them. It's one plant, so I don't think I burned them with nutes. When I was taking the photos, I put them in the sun to get the best photos. I'll not be doing that again. She will probably get culled from the herd. I really only have room for 3 of them anyway.
New RH Meter
RHmeter.jpg

Just for reference... it's showing the last 12 hrs of my Veg Cabinet.Crit+ 1.5.x
C_15x_20140921_074525.jpg

Crit+ 1.4.x
C_14x_Sunburn_20140921_074611.jpg

Crit+ 1.3.x
C_13x_20140921_074503.jpg

OGK 1.1.x
OGK11x_20140921_074532.jpg

You don't want too big of a drain on hempy, cause the water coming out of drain is what helps pull more oxygen deep down into medium. If water flows out too fast, it won't have that suction. Can't wait to see what goodness grows out of your buckets

Back
Top Bottom