Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Hey just my 2 cents,,, when you paint a wall,,, cut the top and bottom in first............. But then it is just a grow room?????????????? GL

The green tint is just camera magic. The walls are all flat white or silvered. Still gotta get the upper trim in place. I picked up white flooring today and some side trim to address my drainage challenge.
Oh.... and cut the edges then fill in with the roller... the standard routine.

Bloom...

I really gotta put some wire guides in place....

Messy!

Everyone is sure happy and fat!
Actually... I collected some light related scientific numbers today!
Lemme trot them out here and see what folks have to say.

Raw data

Location / Ft.Candle / K-Lux
1 / 2400 / 26
2 / 2900 / 31
3 / 3400 / 38
4 / 4300 / 46
5 / 2400 / 26
6 / 3100 / 34
7 / 3100 / 34
8 / 3100 / 34

Ascii art anyone?

10x20 room (no attention to scale here)
Location map

---1-------5-----
---2-------6-----
---3-------7-----
---4-------8-----

Pretty cool ASCII beyond my "scientific" knowledge.

What are the temps of your lamps?

10x20 is a nice size! fvck yeah.

weed-memes-13.jpg

Lights are cool. Very safe and not uncomfortable at all to the touch. The drivers are the same, but they're in the power closet... no need to cool that heat.
All in all they do dump some heat. My AC has not stopped all winter. I can lay in some additional cooling in the summer if need be, but a single window AC is dealing with it just fine at the moment.
I'll whip out temperature laser next time I poke in the garden... I'm curious too!

Have you considered CO2? That's an awesome setup you got, but I don't envy trimming 2 every week. I also wasn't aware we could mount the drivers so far from the fixtures. I might try that and get my drivers out of the room, they easily double the weight of each fixture.

Co2 burner has yet to be installed, but it's been lookin sexy lately and It's rising to the top of the list.
You can run them a really long way... like 40ft before the power drop kicks in. Mine are 25 max, and I'm using good, thick 12g wire.

Just popped on a DabPress 3x5plates 6ton heated press. Life should get more entertaining.

I'm thinking of building a press. I just printed a CNC mill and am tossing around the idea of milling a negative and a positive shape into opposing plates to form a flow channel. My thought is that rosen would be easier to handle and store. Plus, now I got someone processing my trim into BHO, but I'm not really digging the quality. Are you going to keep your rosen as is, or do you have a process for making vape juice? I'd like to learn how they make vape juice in dispensaries.

As far as wire runs, I'd only need to move a driver 6' tops, lol.

Dam tead lookn great in there for reals. I cant believe 2 plants each week would be killer. Idk much about remodeling or making anything for that matter lol but would there be a way to hide all that wire some how or no? So how u liking the buds quality under the QB lights so far man? Im loving my buds so far under it running docs kit and only for a month into flower man these things make some frosty dense buds.

I just printed a CNC mill

Oh man... the world swings quick ehh! Makin a CNC machine with a 3D printer... "Spock, I need some new plates... hit the button on that Replicator would ya?"
I've been wondering why rosin plates were totally flat with no channels or anything. I suspect there's a reason I'm simply unable to fathom. I'll watch while you kick those tires.

Dam tead lookn great in there for reals. I cant believe 2 plants each week would be killer. Idk much about remodeling or making anything for that matter lol but would there be a way to hide all that wire some how or no? So how u liking the buds quality under the QB lights so far man? Im loving my buds so far under it running docs kit and only for a month into flower man these things make some frosty dense buds.

Well... if one has the space to support 50-60 plants thru their various stages, one can create a very nice machine that pumps out at least 2/week. Lately I've been re-thinking it. I can't help but wonder if single runs would better/easier, but I dunno.
I'm starting not to worry about the wire issue. It looks kinda messy, but isn't in my way at all and doesn't impact me in any way, so the priority on that task might be falling lately. Looks ugly tho. Meh!
I was pretty under lighted on my previous grow space. Bud density has more than doubled (IMHO) since I plugged in the QB's. Needless to say... luvin 'em!

Oh man... the world swings quick ehh! Makin a CNC machine with a 3D printer... "Spock, I need some new plates... hit the button on that

Well... if one has the space to support 50-60 plants thru their various stages, one can create a very nice machine that pumps out at least 2/week. Lately I've been re-thinking it. I can't help but wonder if single runs would better/easier, but I dunno.
I'm starting not to worry about the wire issue. It looks kinda messy, but isn't in my way at all and doesn't impact me in any way, so the priority on that task might be falling lately. Looks ugly tho. Meh!
I was pretty under lighted on my previous grow space. Bud density has more than doubled (IMHO) since I plugged in the QB's. Needless to say... luvin 'em!

Ehh who cares about alil mess if its literally not hurting anything lol. Plus tht kind of mess isnt to bad it's not like having a dirty tent or room or sumthn like tht cause those messes cud potentially cause more problems. But yea man I'm so getting more of these things lmao. Once I got one an it was an older smaller model. Only 135w the v1 models but still I was like 150 bux versus 500 for my dwarf star and they both produce pretty close to the same quality in bud structure atleast look wise so far they do lol. But yea I couldnt believe it how easy it was to hook up an was sitting there thinking why have I not done this sooner lol. So now that's the next part of the journey here is to get some better bigger QBs lol

I saved quite a few pennies by purchasing from China thru Alibaba. Probably exactly the source most US vendors are using.
It's like buying computers tho... you know it's gonna be outdated soon dammit!

Lol for real right or jus like getting a new fone only to have the next month come out with 2 newer ones lmao wat the hell. But yea even still the quality of the buds I'm getting so far from this light will be worth it. I'm noticing the growant light and the qb are right next to eachother and the buds under my qb are way fatter then my buds under the growant light lol.

I'm noticing the growant light and the qb are right next to eachother and the buds under my qb are way fatter then my buds under the growant light lol.

Wow. I never got a chance to do any side-by-side testing. That's awesome!
I was a big fan of the burples for heating issues. Of course, the QBs are a huge win in the heat battle. I have yet to understand why the burple creators never made their power conversion bits external... you know... just like the drivers in QBs. Very few gardeners want that heat in their gardens. The simple disconnect between producers and customers was, and still is, very surprising to me. Forms a lesson tho... no matter how much a company says they're here to help you, a 'company' is, at it's heart, a money making venture with little room to respond to these sorts of design issues.

Back
Top Bottom