Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Just got a shipping notice for this bad boy....

6 tons.... 3x5 plates.... I'll be squeezin this weekend!

Oh man I've been making rosin with the hair straightener and a board across the top of it an I step on it to squeeze out the rosin but it's not the best lol. But yea I've been wanting to get one of those units like u got for awhile now. What did u spend on urs if u dont mind me asking?

Oh man I've been making rosin with the hair straightener and a board across the top of it an I step on it to squeeze out the rosin but it's not the best lol. But yea I've been wanting to get one of those units like u got for awhile now. What did u spend on urs if u dont mind me asking?

hehe.... I saw those activities and decided to drop the 485 bones needed to up my starting game.

My buddy and I have been in talks about getting one.... but at $1200cad for that exact model it seemed a bit steep... so he ordered dabpress plates off amazon for $300... I bought a 12ton bottle jack for $50... now I just have to construct the frame out of steel and we are off to the squishing races!

Awesome!!!! I've been tracking along in Grandpa's thread getting a good bit of input an knowledge. There are plenty of folks around squeezin in many, many different rigs.
12 ton... what size plates? 5x5? Caged plates?

That’s the exact one that’s been trying to empty my wallet for quite a bit now. Can’t wait to see what you squash with it.

:passitleft:

Oh I'll be braggin on it big with plenty of eye candy... no worries.
I'd been eyeing that exact model for about a month. I looked hard at one of the nugsmasher models, but the open design of the the dabpress model was more appealing to the jack-leg engineer in me.

Awesome!!!! I've been tracking along in Grandpa's thread getting a good bit of input an knowledge. There are plenty of folks around squeezin in many, many different rigs.
12 ton... what size plates? 5x5? Caged plates?

He bought the dp-rp35 I believe, so 3x5 not caged... says paired with a 10-12 ton... so I grabbed a 12 lol.... now to engineer the frame... steel is free for me other than the labour and brain power to put it together so that’s the next move... squishing on a budget.. $400 is way better than $1200 if ya ask me!

I’ll probably be asking a bunch of questions in grandpas thread once the plates come in.

He bought the dp-rp35 I believe, so 3x5 not caged... says paired with a 10-12 ton... so I grabbed a 12 lol.... now to engineer the frame... steel is free for me other than the labour and brain power to put it together so that’s the next move... squishing on a budget.. $400 is way better than $1200 if ya ask me!

I’ll probably be asking a bunch of questions in grandpas thread once the plates come in.

Good gawd! Building your own frame.... on no, way beyond me! Well... not true really... I'd do it if the parts were around.
You go baby!!! Use that money for drinkin!

Steel is abundant for me. Everything’s coming out of the scrap bin and the boss man won’t notice or care if he does! It won’t be fancy and bolted together... but it shouldn’t take long to weld one up and drill some holes so that I can bolt it to the work bench in my shed... I’ll let you know if I discover otherwise :rofl:

I might worry about welds. I really don't know tho. As long as the weld can withstand the strength of the jack... one should be fine. I've got 0 welding experience tho.

I might worry about welds. I really don't know tho. As long as the weld can withstand the strength of the jack... one should be fine. I've got 0 welding experience tho.

Huh. I had never thought of that.... any one else have an opinion?

I can drill and bolt everything together as well... just a lot quicker to weld it all up

Huh. I had never thought of that.... any one else have an opinion?

I can drill and bolt everything together as well... just a lot quicker to weld it all up

If I were you, I'd drill and bolt. Welds can definitely withstand the pressure, but unless you're an expert welder and can guarantee great penetration, you might just get a really good looking weld that hasn't penetrated well and the joint is weak. At least bolted you know it's solid.

If I were you, I'd drill and bolt. Welds can definitely withstand the pressure, but unless you're an expert welder and can guarantee great penetration, you might just get a really good looking weld that hasn't penetrated well and the joint is weak. At least bolted you know it's solid.
Yes, depends on your welding. Have you done welding professionally? If not bolt it together. I can imagine the frame popping welds and flying apart in the middle of a press.

I’m not ticketed, but it’s been a part of my life for the last 10-15years at work and on the farm. Nothing broken yet, knock on wood x100. Lol. I do have a friend with all of his tickets though. But that’s 3 opinions for bolting... so I am likely just gonna go that route.... or do both for extra safety measure lol. We shall see what I come up with!

Thanks guys! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom