Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Nice - which one??

I got some good tester donor for ya.

U might have to nail it.

I got the dp-bj6t35 (6ton jack, 3x5 heated plates).
I keep checking on the shipping in some odd hope it shows up early!
I'm tempted to get a dab rig to enjoy it directly... but I've got a dab coil for the pen that could use some breakin in.

I'm tempted to get a dab rig to enjoy it directly...
I’ve always been against anything that requires a torch to smoke. Reminds me too much of the bad old days :straightface:. I do have one I got on clearance and a torch but haven’t yet used them.

I’ve got a few “Phatomizer” coils for the vape pen that work great, as long as they’re not overloaded. Now I mostly just smear it on joints and let it drip to the cherry for a “dab hit”. After I smear it on, I roll it in keif so I don’t have to be as careful about errant drips.

It’ll be great to see how yours end up! Have fun!

:passitleft:

I’ve always been against anything that requires a torch to smoke. Reminds me too much of the bad old days :straightface:. I do have one I got on clearance and a torch but haven’t yet used them.

I’ve got a few “Phatomizer” coils for the vape pen that work great, as long as they’re not overloaded. Now I mostly just smear it on joints and let it drip to the cherry for a “dab hit”. After I smear it on, I roll it in keif so I don’t have to be as careful about errant drips.

It’ll be great to see how yours end up! Have fun!

Nice lookn jay u got there I do that very thing as well. Thats another reason I like my electric dab rig no torch needed. Plus it really retains the terpy flavor by not burning it to much n then u jus get poopy flavor :rofl:

The short answer is no. Because of all the moisture left in “live” or freshly frozen cannabis, trying to press it creates steam and boiling water. What it doesn’t create is a desirable or even usable cannabis extract. Plus, it not only makes a mess, but it can be dangerous. That’s why, in order to make live rosin, you need to turn the live cannabis material into bubble hash first.

Well this is what I found online with a quick google search. So idk but when I pressed some fresh buds it did bubble an hiss alil. An it was weird cause I thought It tasted like the bho I've ran in the past. But I didnt use any butane so maybe that is the part tht is dangerous they speak of idk. I also have a shity hand method of doing my pressing. Maybe with an actual press like tead got or sumthn like that maybe wud do better not sure. But either way good luck an hope it works out for every1.

The short answer is no. Because of all the moisture left in “live” or freshly frozen cannabis, trying to press it creates steam and boiling water. What it doesn’t create is a desirable or even usable cannabis extract. Plus, it not only makes a mess, but it can be dangerous. That’s why, in order to make live rosin, you need to turn the live cannabis material into bubble hash first.

Well this is what I found online with a quick google search. So idk but when I pressed some fresh buds it did bubble an hiss alil. An it was weird cause I thought It tasted like the bho I've ran in the past. But I didnt use any butane so maybe that is the part tht is dangerous they speak of idk. I also have a shity hand method of doing my pressing. Maybe with an actual press like tead got or sumthn like that maybe wud do better not sure. But either way good luck an hope it works out for every1.

That's what I found too. I had never run across the phrase "Live Rosin", so your words were key for me. Thanks!

After reading, I might have to try some at some point down the line. I want to taste the difference for myself.
I suspect the 'danger' they speak of has to do with super-compressing some expanding steam.... yowsa!

Taste difference? Effectiveness different?

Yea I noticed a weird flavor but got me ripped off one hit lol jus not a high % of return when it was fresh versus cured. But maybe a real press will be different.

On my little rosen forge thingie I tried fresh and it didn’t work very well although it made a little bit of rosen. An actual press might be different.

That is pretty much the same thing I got from my homemade hairstraightner method. I jus put it on the ground n put a 2x4 over the top an slowly step on it :rofl: ghetto I know but for now till I get a real press it sorta works lol.

That's what I found too. I had never run across the phrase "Live Rosin", so your words were key for me. Thanks!

After reading, I might have to try some at some point down the line. I want to taste the difference for myself.
I suspect the 'danger' they speak of has to do with super-compressing some expanding steam.... yowsa!

When I did it the first time I burned my hand cause the shit bubbles an splatters when the water is pressed out so maybe thts the part idk but the second time I used more parchment paper so it didnt splatter out the edge an then i stepped on it. That worked better but still not a ton of return.

Oh... Tead's likin these words....

"Live rosin, created from frozen flower, contains more terpenes and offers an even more dynamic experience. The pungent monoterpenes present in fresh cannabis flowers are preserved. Freezing halts, the metabolic processes that normally degrade the plant material. It’s like buying a fresh cut of meat from the grocery store; popping it into the freezer when you get home preserves its freshness. "

I remember reading in grandpas thread he didn’t like pressing fresh material and preferred to press cured buds.... but that’s just what I remember reading!

And for the record, won’t be building anything on my own lol, got ousted from the project apparently, all I’m needed for is the buds now lol

So thank you all for your tips/advice and when/if I go down this route on my own I’ll let you know how I make out!

:thanks::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom