Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

It's a strange world all around these days.
Did I tell you that my wife had an Italian trip/cruise lined up this year? We would have flown out just the other day. I was going to reach out to you about our coming journey asking for advice, but that seems like a lifetime ago now.
We're trying to see if it can happen next year, so I may be talking to you about it in the fall... but who knows.

Yeah it’s all different now, it seems like the old reality is ages away. I hope it happens sooner or later and then we can hook up.

Whaddaya think.... ripe or not???

Just a random bud that caught my eye today. Super orange. It stuck out from the sea a bit, so I grabbed a photo. She's flushing for harvest as I write.

Cleaned up the dirt some today. Here's my pot assembly area.

66% peat, 33% perl, 2 cups of garden lime. Easy. I usually use 1/2 new and 1/2 old medium when I put my pots together. You can see the used medium on the right in the plastic tub. If you need a chuckle, note the green hempy pots still full of perlite.... that's still old perlite still in the pots from like 2 years ago. Thank Gawd it's the last of them. All the empty ones are stacked in a closet and fall out when you open the door.

Oh... I ran across the PH Down I was last using. Worked great, and it's available everywhere. Much cheaper.

Damn UltraDogs.
Grew directly into the panel. Was completely flattened by the panel. Still, very little actual damage.... just the top bud and not really that bad. Bonus for using nice cool QBs!

It was the tallest girl over on the left side.

Not too bad. Hell... the bud might even recover.

Jumped on some new seeds/strains the other day. They should be here soon enough.

Durban Poison Feminised Seeds - 3
Girl Scout Cookies Feminised Seeds - 3
HulkBerry Feminised Seeds - 1
Pineapple Chunk Feminised Seeds - 3
FREE - 420 2020 Freebie - Critical Kush Fem from Barneys Farm 3
FREE - Feminised Freebies – Seedsman Bubba Kush Feminised 3
FREE - Feminised Freebies – Seedsman Gelat.OG Feminised 3
FREE - Garden Of Green Extra Seeds Promo (same strain)-2 Seeds 2

7 strains... 21 seeds. Should find some keepers in there somewhere.

I started Pineapple Chunk about a year ago and am still cloning her out. My pheno isn't as weighty as @Weaselcracker , but she still produces very well, has strong branches, nice and sparkly and is not too fussy with the ferts. I also like her flavors when she's had her fill of sulfur throughout. She's definiely a great strain. All Barney's strains I grew are great strains. 3 of the 5 I'm now juggling are Barney's.

I concur..... Plant I've heard good things,,, yet never did???????

To better illustrate, the chunky ass Triple Cheese in the middle is a few days shy of 9 weeks. The Pineapple is that YUGE one on the top/left at roughly 5 weeks. I'm happy that she's still growing so strong and though she doesn't stack as well as most phenos, she still grows many heavy handball size buds and back when I was running them in rockwool, she was putting out better than a pound almost every harvest.

IMG_20200523_072406854_HDR.jpg

I hope you run that Pineapple Chunk.

Oh it's gonna be the first one sprouted.

when she's had her fill of sulfur throughout

Hmmmm.... do you think I need to add S to my 5.5g per gallon Megacrop mix?

My pheno isn't as weighty as @Weaselcracker

Yea... that friggin @Weaselcracker . My obsession with the strain is all his damn fault!

yet never did?

I did, but it was back in the Perlite/Osmocote growing days. They didn't do well in Tead's backyard sauna back in the day, so now I'll be doing the 2nd round in the PC ring.

better than a pound almost every harvest.

One?!?! They better do better than that!
I was basing my PC lust on Weas's droopy girls and thinking they wouldn't be a height challenge. I may be very wrong there. We'll see. When I see yours, I think I might be in trouble.

The next seeds down will be the Durbans. I think they might do really well in my Co2 supplemented garden running at 80f. Durban Poison is a South African strain that should do really well in da swamps.
The GSK has been a hugely popular strain. I'm not familiar, but they're DP and OGK, so it all seems good.
The Gelat.OG has been getting really good reviews.
Bubba Kush is just a great old-school winner.
HulkBerry is a fun name and a single seed purchase put me over a price line and got me more freebies.
I'm really bored with all my current strains and really need some entertainment in the garden.
One odd point that I came away from my seed search with.... I'd guess that a majority of the hybrid strains are using OGK as their base. Crazy.

Hmmmm.... do you think I need to add S to my 5.5g per gallon Megacrop mix?

One?!?! They better do better than that!
I was basing my PC lust on Weas's droopy girls and thinking they wouldn't be a height challenge. I may be very wrong there. We'll see. When I see yours, I think I might be in trouble.

More S will make the smoke sweeter, so it'll boil down to your preference. I find this to be an offputting flavor with the pinene heavy strains. My A Purple for example tastes gross IMO, but it would be too much effort for me to keep making a low S feed for that one plant. The kicker though with using Megacrop, or any brand for that matter is that if you want to change any one thing, you'll have to also change at least one other element. When mixing the whole thing from scratch, you have a lot more freedom as there are no preset PPM levels, but roughly speaking, about 3 different salts I use have a lot of sulfur in them so I get high S regardless.

1 pound harvests was pretty regular in rockwool, and I presume you had the same results in perlite, but now that I'm in peat moss, my weights per plant drasticly went way down. I finally got a decent set of strains that yield well and my feed seems to be right on point, so my chops will be improving starting with the very next one, but I surely don't expect to take a pound from any of them. Regardless of all of that though, I know that ginormous PC will yield the most. I predict roughly a half pound knock on wood!

Edit - You could supplement in more S by making your own CalMag from gypsum (calcium sulfate) and epsom (magnesium sulfate), and add that onto the S that's already in the Mega, and you could hit paydirt.

Edit 2 - scratch that, I just shot MC@5.5 grams and calmag at 5grams through Hydro Buddy, then tried to achieve the same result, but using gypsum and epsom instead of the calmag, and it took away the needed amount of iron, plus also lowered the N and I think the K. Sure 90+ppm of S would've sweetened up the smoke nice, but that lower N and less than half of the Fe will hinder growth in other ways I'm sure. And this illustrates the frustration when trying to change the levels of a product.

MC CalMag.PNG

Oh, man. Video? Any fingerprints and, if so, know any of NOPD's finest? Or Marcellos, lol?

Took product and clones, but not equipment... Local gang, you think? Or someone that you know (or... knows you, so to speak)? Hope it was just some random stranger who knows nothing about you, your properties, and activities... and just got lucky one night when choosing a house at random to burgle. (Because then at least you aren't left wondering if you need to move yourself and your operations far enough away to regain your pseudo-anonymity.) But how likely is that "random" scenario? Would this have been a quick in / quick out thing, or would the person(s) have had to have been in there at least a few minutes?

Got to be paranoid, man. Paranoia aint the disease - it's the cure. Hide well... or be nasty.

WOW

Bummer. I've been ripped before in an outdoor grow. Pisses me off...

99% of the time it's someone we let into our personal circles. And 99% of that time it's a friend of that friend.. The one that likes to talk to much.. Or a dope fiend.... You can't trust a dope fiend....... Crackheads and tweakers suck..

But sure makes you feel unsafe.... I got ripped off for one plant since I been here in PDX. They only got one of many I had out there. So I figured they wood be back..That's when I made a batch of 12 gauge rock salt. And put an alarm system out there... Sure made me wake up for every little sound for acouple seasons.

I can only imagine what it feels like for someone to break into a house.

Security? Some kind of alarm system? Something that will tell you so you can grab that shotgun and get over there and catch the SOB's in the act..

I woodn't want to kill someone over afew plants,,, But rock salt is a great deterrent. Just make sure the second shot is 00buck.. Incase you really need some kind of stopping power...

Bummer man.. I hate thieves...... 2 things I can't stand.. a liar and a thief.

Hate seeing that post........

My condolences Tead, that fuckin sucks man! I hope you can pinpoint the leak and rectify the situation.

Back
Top Bottom