Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Speaking of feeding, today was the day. Took some shots while I was there.

First up, a bikini shot....
20151111_135917.jpg

A very happy clone...
20151112_083232.jpg

A not so happy clone
20151112_083241.jpg

Happy vegging girl. Starting to near flower time. I'll wait for a flowering spot to open up.
20151112_083248.jpg

Fireworks stage just starting
20151112_083222.jpg

Buds getting dense and heavy on this girl
20151112_083212.jpg
20151112_083148.jpg
20151112_083202.jpg

Washing up some perlite
20151111_142127.jpg
20151111_141948.jpg

I think/hope my higher temps are done for the year. Not quite ready to remove the AC yet... but getting close.

Now i grow in a soil less mix with lots of perlite added and i use 2-liter bottle do you think its possible to do hempy in a 2-liter? I could make it light proof with duct tape i already do it with my current setup but i do drain to waste. Ive always liked the idea of hempys and its nice and simple.

I got to thinking about this more. We're both doing drain to waste. You've got more bio material in your mix with a goal of setting up a living 'soil'. I don't so much care about those issues and rely more on nutes.
One of the reasons I grow hempy instead of other soiless mediums or hydro systems is simply heat. Hempy allows me to stretch the upper end of the heat scale juuuuuuuuust enough to allow me to grow in the spring and fall. I get the speed of a hydro grow with the heat resistance and ease of a soil grow.
Sorry to ramble... random thoughts can sometimes find an escape in these forums.

Are those the peat plugs with a mesh around them? Come compressed and you add water to expand? I never have liked those. I use rapid rooter plugs. A brown foam like substance, impregnated with growth hormones IIRC. Just placed one this morning.

Yes... compressed with mesh... expand in water. Some of them fell into my world. I'll let them keep falling. I might dig up some RR plugs and give them a try. In the mean time, my clones in perlite seem to work fine usually, so I'll stay with that method.

I think I may have created a problem the other day when I clipped a bud. The plant I clipped from is in a verm/perl mix.... my last pot of it. I've had rot problems when trying to reveg in the verm/perl mix. My working theory on that matter has to do with root death caused by lack of upper plant. I may have put myself in a similar situation by clipping a good sized bud. If the roots decreased mass because they were not needed, I may have started the rot process myself. I do detect a nasty odor when I dig down the side. Not a good sign at all.
I think I'm gonna let that baby dry out without flushing and then harvest her up. She's the first plant of the season and was given many challenges when vegging and flowering. She was tossed into flower while she was way small. I would have wished she had done better, but I'm not at all surprised.
No worries... she has lots of sisters.

I suspect he'll chime in shortly.

You know it! I've been busy the last few days, and it looks I've missed quite a bit here. Good pics, it gives a good rundown of what you're working with. I'm excited to see what that os+ test shows. I did my research the other night on it too, and it looks super promising. I'm going to try that next! Most people seemed to be switching from GH 3-part, which is the same situation I'm in..

I had pretty good luck with the Jiffy pellets, but I always peeled off the mesh before I planted them. Maybe I'm silly, but I thought it might restrict root growth as they get bigger.

On the light strips, I'm not sure what LEDs are on them. I got them from an electronics supplier, and if they'd work well, I wouldn't mind having the side lighting! I'll report back when I have time to look into it a bit more.

I liked the bikini pic, lookin' hot! The temperature, that is :)

Lex,
I grew in Promix and was going to do DWC and then I discovered Hempy. It is so easy and I've had a lot of success with it. I too recently stopped adding vermiculite to the mix and am happy I did. Beware though, Tead and I are the ones who usually try to convince people to try Hempy around these parts!

Well and thats just it i started out in soil but it was a hassle so i went to soil less and have had good results but i was always intrested in dwc but i wouldnt have room for it and now hempy caught my eye so i might give it a go in the near future. I found a journal where somebody was doing 112 plants in 2-liter bottle hempys.

I had pretty good luck with the Jiffy pellets, but I always peeled off the mesh before I planted them. Maybe I'm silly, but I thought it might restrict root growth as they get bigger.

I was told that they would constrict the roots- didn't believe it though till I experienced it and saw it many times- large pot plants with silly looking little root balls struggling to get out of that mesh. I used to plant trees for a living and sometimes the seedlings would be in those pellets. We would go back five years later and pull out trees that had the same problem. I still think eventually they'd have to grow out of the issue- (?) but definitely a bad start in life.

First up... Betty... brrrrr!
20151115_080750.jpg

Next... a wayward visitor fresh from a cocoon airing out it's wings after rendering my butterfly plant to stems....
20151115_093830.jpg

Now.... to the task at hand. I had meant to dry her out, but got stoned this morning.
20151115_080851.jpg

Her sister next up in line....
20151115_081032.jpg

Some smaller babies...
20151115_094004.jpg
20151115_093758.jpg
20151115_083637.jpg

Off to lick my black and gold tears...

Back
Top Bottom