TealAtlas: Soil, Dark Angel, 2020, First Grow

Some black electrical tape will probably cover the light for you rather then a towel.
Good idea! I picked up some duct tape, I'll probably layer it over those lights today.

The one plant looks to be showing (what looks like) a ph fluctuations. It could very well be a calcium deficiency as well. Let’s connect the dots. I’m leaning more towards a calcium def.
hopefully your cal mag shows up soon!
Yeah, those PH fluctuations have already been remediated. I think it was due to the fact that my FFOF came to me at a really low PH. I've compensated by changing the water PH. Even still, I ordered Cal-Mag, and today was their first day on it. 1 tsp/gal of Botanicare CAL-MAG Plus. All new growth seems to be pretty solid.

now for training. Me personally would allow them to grow taller before doing some tie downs. She’s just a lil too tiny yet for that. I mean you can grow her to the side, but the pay off over stress that can occur isn’t worth it to me. Are you topping the plants?
I don't think I'm going to top the plants this time around; it's my first grow and topping seems a little bit intimidating to start. I'm thinking some sort of low stress training... I'm honestly open to opinions and recommendations. Should I be scared of topping my first grow? Lol.

Day 28

Still doing small doses of Big Bloom, but I'm thinking of juicing up the nutes a little more coming into the next week or so.

Photo update!

20200202_160924.jpg
20200202_161001.jpg
20200202_161126(0)_edit.jpg

They will love the cal mag!

yes topping can be very Intimidating at first but I guarantee you that you won’t regret it. I just finished going over this with another member, I know who it was I just can’t remember there user name. See if I can find it. I’d rather just tag you over to his journal so I don’t have to type it all out again lol

Alright I found his journal, he goes by... @Canadadoes here’s his journal. Read the entire journal (which it’s only 3 pages so far) or just from where I linked this to, it’s up to you man!

That's great info, backlip! I think I might just take you up on it. I'll probably top tonight or tomorrow for my older plants. They're already past node 5 obviously, but better late than never I guess. Hopefully I can get ahead on the younger ones. I'll obviously post an update when I get a chance to do it. :)

Day 32

Yesterday I transplanted my Dark Angel from her solo cup into a 1gal pot. I'll probably be moving her up in no time, but I couldn't locate a 3gal pot. Lol.

I've been doing a half dose of Big Bloom nutes every other water. I'll probably think about adding a different part of the FF nute trio in soon.

Everything seems to be going well, so I feel a lot more comfortable topping given the current vigor of the plants.

Photo Update!
20200206_074420.jpg
20200206_074427.jpg
20200206_074432.jpg
20200206_074423.jpg
20200206_074455.jpg
20200206_074506.jpg

I did it! The main two have been topped. I haven't done anything to any lower growth yet because I'm still not 100% on exactly how. I didn't realize it, but these were just at node 5, so I do think it was perfect timing.

I don't have any rooting hormones yet, but I'm planning on ordering some and putting it on the cut tip. Didn't think about not having that in advance... :lot-o-toke:

Here's the (very extra) (I was high) photo shoot:
20200206_200842.jpg
20200206_200833.jpg
20200206_200824.jpg
20200206_200808.jpg
20200206_200801.jpg
20200206_200749.jpg
20200206_200729.jpg
20200206_200652.jpg

One thing that has been on my mind... from what I've seen around the internet, my node/internode spacing seems to be a bit shorter than most. I have a lux meter and generally have been targeting about 50k, but I don't know if they're really stretching or not. Do they appear shorter than average, or am I just impatient?

From my readings I believe 50k is a little high for veg. My spacing was quite short as well and i had my lights around 40k. Could be strain related as well?

Im sure someone would be able to provide a better answer.

I'm going to follow along. I just finished my first grow and am starting my second grow and first journal. You look like you started out with a good setup and good advice and I can see it is already paying off. Your plants look fantastic! Drop by and see mine if you're interested!

I wouldn’t worry about the node spacing. Everything looks great and in order with your girls. Node spacing can be different from strains and the distance of your light, as well with the par levels they are getting.

great job with the topping! You will not be disappointed! :thumb:

Wal mart carry’s clonex powder, or c tire, or peavey mart... really anywhere that’ll have a garden section should carry it! :thumb:

you can leave the cutting in water for now, and some root their clones directly in water. Now if the top isn’t bigger then at least two node spacing, preferably three, than theirs no point in cloning it. The cutting needs to be mature enough and have enough nodes on it for you to have better success!

I wouldn’t worry about the node spacing. Everything looks great and in order with your girls. Node spacing can be different from strains and the distance of your light, as well with the par levels they are getting.

great job with the topping! You will not be disappointed! :thumb:

Wal mart carry’s clonex powder, or c tire, or peavey mart... really anywhere that’ll have a garden section should carry it! :thumb:

you can leave the cutting in water for now, and some root their clones directly in water. Now if the top isn’t bigger then at least two node spacing, preferably three, than theirs no point in cloning it. The cutting needs to be mature enough and have enough nodes on it for you to have better success!

I probably won't be able to clone the tops only because I know I won't be able to take care of them like I need to. I have some life plans that are in the way of me doing a next grow so soon -- but once we're through that, I'll be growing a lot more and refining this for myself! I can't wait; I feel like I'm learning so much about it all, no doubt thanks to all of the help from you and others here at 420Mag. :surf:

Day 35
Week 5 - Veg

Added the next round of nutes yesterday for the big ones, which was 1/2 dose of the first week of Grow Big by FF. Yesterday I also started low stress training for them, just making sure that growth tips were exposed to light and air. I'll be able to to a bit more when there's some stringier growth from the stem.

I also moved the light away from the canopy to get it down to about 40 lux instead of 50 just for shits and giggles.

Photo update! I think the yellow in these photos is from the HDR pulling out the color of the new growth, but it could be nutrient-related -- I'm monitoring for changes regardless. Does this look like something bad to you? I'm 90% confident that the PH is solid and that we're not anywhere near lockout. Who knows. Lol

20200209_114443.jpg
20200209_114451.jpg
20200209_114459.jpg

20200209_114423.jpg

I probably won't be able to clone the tops only because I know I won't be able to take care of them like I need to. I have some life plans that are in the way of me doing a next grow so soon -- but once we're through that, I'll be growing a lot more and refining this for myself! I can't wait; I feel like I'm learning so much about it all, no doubt thanks to all of the help from you and others here at 420Mag. :surf:
We’re having a baby in May so the grow room will be transformed into my first daughters bedroom. So I will be shutting down for a while as well, after this run. I completely understand your reasoning! :thumb:

We’re having a baby in May so the grow room will be transformed into my first daughters bedroom. So I will be shutting down for a while as well, after this run. I completely understand your reasoning! :thumb:

Sounds like you need to start thinking about a home addition! Lol. I'm planning on moving cross-country, so that'll be a bit of a hindrance for me growing...

Hahaha I’ve been thinking about building additions off the back of my house And put a floor extending the second floor over the garage since we moved into this place! Haven’t even owned it a full year yet, money and time is the issue. First I need to gut my basement and get that in order!

Do you live in Canada?

Hahaha I’ve been thinking about building additions off the back of my house And put a floor extending the second floor over the garage since we moved into this place! Haven’t even owned it a full year yet, money and time is the issue. First I need to gut my basement and get that in order!

Do you live in Canada?

I know it! It's so hard to know which home improvement project to tackle next sometimes. Cannabis isn't a bad motivator. ;)

No, I actually live in the states where it just recently became legal. It's a pretty cool feeling to be one of the very first few folks to grow legally in my state.

Back
Top Bottom