Teas Indoor LED Royal Kush, White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick System

Re: Teas - Indoor - LED - Royal Kush - White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick Syst

Well I lost both cheese plants ... they just curled up and died. Royal Haze the the D plant are doing well and the white widow is coming along. Have no idea what happened to the other two. Jury is still out on the LED panel Im using. I dont know if its that or something else that the plants dont like. Ill let it go a while longer and see what happens. I may just have to start another grow with my old tried and true lights next.

Photos:
Royal Haze
haze32.jpg
and D
d134.jpg
No pics of the white widow yet - Ill post it next time. I added some worm castings and I will probably give them some seaweed tomorrow - My last plants did well with it last grow.

Re: Teas - Indoor - LED - Royal Kush - White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick Syst

Lets have an update Tea,
Hope all is well mate.

Subbed

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Week 6 update:
The big D is doing great, she just took off all of a sudden and shes over growing her pot. She has great color and looks really healthy. All i did was add more worm castings and fed a little cal mag. Check out the 5 wk vs 6 wk pics below.
wk5
d136.jpg

end wk 6
the_big_d.jpg

Thats an insane amount of growth is such a short time

White widow which i started 4 weeks ago is doing great. Gave her some cal/mag also
widow16.jpg

Royal kush is still going in and out. She looked like she was on the road to recovery last week
and then this week she looks all disheveled again. Not putting alot of hope on this one but we shall see.
My mom always said "its not how you start in this life, its how you finish"
rkush.jpg

They have been taking up alot of water, I add to the swick every 2 or three days. Since this is
the first time watering this way, i dont know if this is normal or not - Think ill head over to Sues "how to"
and find out. Thats it for now. Any suggestions are always welcome

Ps: Day 4 on quitting smokin - mental days are ahead lol

The DK looks good!

I have a freebie DK going about 2 months now, nearly 4 weeks into flower. I'd take a picture if I knew which plant it was.

Subbed!

Hi Elton, Ive had the same problem in the past keeping track of whos who. Now I mark them all. You should take pictures of all of them and share them with us anyways!

I am on 17 days of quitting smoking so 13 days from last update. The growth on all three is unreal. Ive been giving them a little cal/mag each week and added some bat guano. I cant believe how much they have grown! Royal has pistals all over her. Widow and Big D are still vegging.

Ive added a bigger bucket of ONO with a fan in the room, when I open the tent the odor wafts through the whole house.

Im finding I have to add water every other day still to the swick but I really do like this system of watering. I like that I dont have to worry about over or underwatering them and they drink when theyre thirsty. Well on to the update:

Group Pic
group_canopy.jpg
group235.jpg

White widow is catching up quick
group_widow.jpg

Big D
group_haze.jpg

Royal Kush
group_haze1.jpg
group_haze_pistals.jpg

The leaves on Big D are good enough for framing :)
group_213.jpg

Picture perfect fanleaf I will take a photo tonight.

I never heard of a of a swick until I read your thread, is it well recommended?

Is it just a backup reservoir to supply the plant when the medium gets too dry/lacks nutes towards the end of a feed cycle?

Elton you have to check out

SWICK Watering Systems - Letting the Plant Water Itself

It is everything you wanted to know and more about the swick. It works great and takes the guess work out of watering. :Namaste:

Wow girl, they're loving the SWICKs. :high-five: What I love is knowing I can neglect them for a couple days and I don't have to worry about them going dry. With the right depth you can leave a plant for up to a week with a full reservoir. I'm getting ready to go off to Jamaica and the daughter has only to dump a half gallon of water in the SWICK every couple days and that plant will breeze through my absence.

I like knowing that the plant determines the water it takes. I supplement from above to wash in topdressings and keep the upper inches from getting too dry.

That leaf from big D is amazing tea! They all look healthy and well-loved. :love:

Hello Ms. Tea. Good to see you again. That's a nice set up you have...a big step up from your nice little outdoor girls along the side of your house. All caught up on your journal & great that early problems taken care of. Bottom watering is great tool for growers who are away a lot or otherwise can't water but it has some serious drawbacks....will usually keep soil too wet, our plants don't like constant wet feet, wet soil has lowered O2 levels, & watering from bottom will wick salts back up into the medium. Your early seedling problems look like pH problems The burning & twisting of young leaves is almost always pH related. No reason to doubt your LED, which looks like a good one. Seedlings do great under LED's. I start ~3 ft. & just let them grow up into light. Excellent gardening! :Namaste:

That is awesome Sue about the trip! Never been to Jamaica but its on the list. Your lucky you have your daughter to help out with the watering. Have a fantastic trip!! I am going away end of April so Ill have to see how far along I am before getting a babysitter :)

Considering where these girls started from to now, its been a rollercoaster for sure - I was ready to throw everything out and go back to the old tried and true lights, soil, nutes, pots, but they have definitely come around. I will be defoliating tomorrow. Big D really needs some light penetration and I think Widow is heading in the same direction. RK is doing okay, im leaving her to her own devises. She was a tough one so im interested to see how she ends up on her own. I was originally going to flux her but she had other plans. :circle-of-love:

Hi Brightlight - Good to see you also
I didnt even think about the PH, and i have a PH kit too - next time things go bad I think Ill try using it :) Talk about a brain cramp. I was going in every other direction. Luckily these three turned themselves around on their own. I thought for sure it was the water I was using so I have since brought in 4 2 gallon jugs I fill and let sit for a least 2 weeks to make sure the chemicals dissipate out of it and it seemed to help. Another reason I like using the swicks, I dont have to lug as much water ( it gets difficult sometimes) I will have to look into the possible problems to come though just in case. For now though the swicks dry out quick and the soil is always moist and the girls seem to be loving it.

I loved growing outside, it seemed like as long as you gave them water and watched for bugs, nature took care of them. And it was actually fun and smelled so good out back. Plus I can let them grow as tall as they want. I will be going back to my spot behind the house again this spring. As for the tent and growing indoors, it definitely takes some knowledge and patience. I would like to get to the point of having a veg and flower tent going at all times.

I am trying to grow different strains each time. I want to find one I can enjoy a smoke or two that wont get me all nerved up. I have yet to find that strain but I will eventually :) Right now I grow it to make butter and tea. Mostly tea and it works for what i need it to. It would just be nice to sit back and enjoy an occasional smoke now and then.

DSC_0002146.JPG

I believe they are:

Backleft: Amherst Sour Diesel
Backright: Purple Dream
Frontleft: Desconocida Kush
Frontright: Juan Herer

After doing some reading and journaling, I think I will be growing some form of Chem next. This is from Brightlights recommendation. Gave the girls their weekly cal/mag. did a little bit of house keeping in the tent - something to do during our blizzard conditions. Trimmed a bit and filled the swiks - they were bone dry.

Elton - girls look great :) Nice and healthy :Namaste:

lol I played with my plants all day too. Called (texted really) out today as well. I have better things to do with my day than sit in traffic on 93. I'll probably have to work Sat to make up the hours, but it should be a short day by that point...for some reason they want the days more than the hours...4 10h days would be easier, but they want that 5th day...so I'll go in for a couple hours on Sat and go home.

Your girls are looking very happy :) :thumb:

Thanks but I think they could be better. There is a bit of curl from overfeeding (I think I used to much cal/mag and base nutes during the stretch) and I think temps are getting a bit low when the lights are off.

My Sour Diesel seems somewhat stronger smelling this time! The HSO Amerherst I cannot recommend enough.

Been about a month since Ive posted so here is an update. RK is flowering like crazy. I have her on 12/12 now. At night I take her out of the tent and leave her in the dark room. The other two are not showing any signs yet so they stay in the tent. Using the Swick watering method I believe has paid off. These girls have outgrown the tent with little to no interference from me. My tent runneth over :) I am thinking of taking the tent down and just using the whole room for the flower stage because the three of them just have no room. Check out the few pictures I took. (only fed cal mag every two weeks)
Group picture
120170309_175234.jpg

120170309_175227.jpg
120170309_175201.jpg
120170309_175144.jpg

Excellent girl! :high-five: I need to ask you to drop an update in the SWICK thread. This is wonderful performance, just exactly what I'd hoped for you.

I switched over to Doc's HB kit and now I need to rethink the SWICK for them. It takes away my vertical space, and the tents are only 5'5" tall, so there's the additional challenge of keeping everyone low.

I think you're smart to consider using the entire room. What a delightful opportunity - a room filled with sweet blooms. :slide:

It's always so good to have you check in. :hug: :love:

Thank Sue Im pretty excited with how they are coming along. This has been the easiest grow I have done. I forgot to mention, i picked up one of the pots to spin it and the roots were crazyyyyyyy!! I wanted to take a picture but couldnt figure out how to. I will post a little something about it in the swick thread - im a firm believer! Thanks again Sue :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom