1 White widow (free seed) 60 Sative / 40 Indica
1 Desconocida Kush (free seed) 50 Sativa / 50 Indica

4 x 4 tent
600w LED grow light
hyponex soil w/ vermiculite
4 5gal fabric pots
Swick consists of 4 plastic mixing tubs & perlite
Plastic bags to grow seedlings.

This is going to be fun. Ive been picking up bits and pieces of info from the different grow logs and I am going to be experimenting with a few different things. First time using a grow tent, (i bought it two years ago but never used it) 1st time using Led only and first time using a swick (thanks to sweetsue) and this will be the first time I attempt cloning (Lembatoasts way) I am debating fluxing one plant - only because it keeps me busy doing something besides watching all winter and its so cool to watch it advance (light addicts way). I would like to try my hand at LST on one plant also but I dont know if I would have room?.

Anyways, I have started the seeds in a wet paper towel this morning, Ive always had luck starting them this way. (I have never grown any of these strains before) As soon as they sprout I will put them into 1 quart bags with soil and we will be off and running. My other half used to get all tweaky when I would start a grow but with the new tent and filter and ono gel, hes all for it - he actually told me last night to make sure i put a stool in the tent so he can use it as a new man cave for the winter hahaha Guess Im a good influence on him :) he even partakes every once in a while now.

For nutes I plan on using bat guano, worm castings, cal/mag, and foxfarms gro big. Ill work out the schedule and jot it down here but thats not something i have to worry about right yet. Ive also been looking at this gnatnix your supposed to use as a top dressing. Its supposed to be environmentally friendly and since I had them once, Im thinking of using this right off the bat = well see The prep pics
20161202_085221.jpg
20161202_085134.jpg
20161202_073042.jpg

re: Teas Indoor LED Royal Kush, White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick System

I'm here. :yahoo: Let me work the link for you and you can drop it in your sig line. BRB

re: Teas Indoor LED Royal Kush, White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick System

URL="Teas - Indoor - LED - Royal Kush - White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick System"]Teas Indoor LED Royal Kush, White Widow, & Desconocida Kush w/ swick system[/URL]

This line lacks the very first bracket in the link. It goes right before the first URL in the line and secures the link. Go to CP, choose "Edit Signature" and drop it in. If you need better instruction, here's 420's link to his post on it.

How to Add Links to Signatures

Now let me read. You're using SWICK! You wonderful woman. :hug: :love:

I dropped my own seed this morning (I sat it in front of the virtual fireplace so I wouldn't forget :laughtwo:), a Cotton Candy Auto from Crop King. I have yet to share the success arteekay and his grow buddy Jay have with CKS. I'm gonna get there though, dammit! :laughtwo:

IMG_209327.JPG

I'm curious, why would space limitation keep you from using LST? This is the technique I use to keep the plants vertically contained, but it can also be applied to keep the plant within the boundaries of a prescribed footprint.

Nice strain choices, by the way. My White Widow grow should kick off around Feb or March. Not much room in those 2x2s. It'll be nice, someday, to have a larger space with rooms to grow in, or at the very least, room for my larger tent.

Have I expressed enough how delightful it is to have your warmth around these parts again? What a birthday treat. :laughtwo: It's next week, but I celebrate the entire week leading up to that day. Oh! I forgot I need to run to the post office and mail a book. Catch you later. :ciao: :love:

Yes Im using a swick! With your instructions and directions it seemed like a no brainer for watering. I thought doing the LST it would make it wider? If i do a flux I was worried about how much room id have. But what do i know, its all an experiment right :) Happy Birthday! I love your virtual fireplace, no worries just plug it in. We have one here but the chimney hasn't been cleaned in 10 years so I wont use it anymore until its done.

I have had this grow tent for over two years now. It sat in a box in the basement till now - I bought it right before I got sick and just left it there. Now Im ready and its all set up just waiting - cant wait to see it full of plants :) Im so excited about this you have no idea!
I even ordered more seeds today ... just because lol

On a side note: Im so very sorry for the loss of your husband. I never got to send you my condolences and I felt bad about that. sending you a big hug :love:

Thank you for the welcome back. I was so glad to see you here - you've been busy my friend :)

Yes Im using a swick! With your instructions and directions it seemed like a no brainer for watering. I thought doing the LST it would make it wider? If i do a flux I was worried about how much room id have. But what do i know, its all an experiment right :) Happy Birthday! I love your virtual fireplace, no worries just plug it in. We have one here but the chimney hasn't been cleaned in 10 years so I wont use it anymore until its done.

I have had this grow tent for over two years now. It sat in a box in the basement till now - I bought it right before I got sick and just left it there. Now Im ready and its all set up just waiting - cant wait to see it full of plants :) Im so excited about this you have no idea!
I even ordered more seeds today ... just because lol

On a side note: Im so very sorry for the loss of your husband. I never got to send you my condolences and I felt bad about that. sending you a big hug :love:

Thank you for the welcome back. I was so glad to see you here - you've been busy my friend :)

Yes, I have been busy. Busy enough to scare a few members, but for the most part, it's been a good fit, me and this loving community. I've just gotten started girl.

I'm thrilled that the tent's all ready to go. I remember when you bought that. It's a different world with a tent. I'm still working out the particulars on controlling environment. I think I'm gonna have to break down and run a separate fan and filter for my auto tent. I can't continue with temps in the upper 80s and expect to stay pest free. Had a couple run-in with the Borg. :straightface: Hard to find shared ground with such voracious neighbors. Spider mites are incredibly difficult to eradicate.

The hardest part of the tent is starting. They look so tiny in there in the beginning, and I get so impatient. Lol! Before you know it the space becomes too small :laughtwo: I'm so glad I get to watch that happen with you. :hug: :love:

Re: Teas - Indoor - LED - Royal Kush - White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick Syst

Well hasnt been the greatest start. White widow never came out, even after scratching her surface so i tanked her. One of the Royal haze also didnt poke her head out so shes gone too. Ive started 2 deep cheese seeds - hope they can do something. Anyways, 1 royal haze and 1 Desconocida Kush seeds have started. Ill put up a picture soon. Sue, i see what you mean about them looking so small in this big tent! They look absolutely ridiculous in there but they will grow into it. I have the opposite problem with heat here meaning its so damn cold I have to keep the heat up in the house to keep the plants warm.

Hi Mouser, nice to see another Live free or die member here :) :welcome:

Feels like im starting right where I left off. Been battling pneumonia & pleurisy the past couple weeks (always a lung thing) At least growing over the winter will give me something to do while stuck inside during the long cold winter.

Ill post a picture of the lil ones tomorrow. Cross my fingers I can start the new ones soon. :Namaste:

Re: Teas - Indoor - LED - Royal Kush - White Widow & Desconocida Kush With Swick Syst

Yes!! New ones. Off and running girl. This stage taxes my patience, waiting for root growth. :laughtwo:

Been a while but here is the update. The girls look like crap. I think maybe it could be from the LED light Im using, or maybe the tent being too hot, I dont know but the tip of the leaves keep drying up. Not sure what to do right now.

royal2.jpg
cheese60.jpg

just looks like classic overwatering with nutrients mate,
put em out in the sun for a couple of days let the soil dry up and repot

I let them go a week without watering thinking that maybe the case. Taking them out of the tent and putting them in a window isnt a bad idea - Ill try that Thanks :)

Are you tracking the heat in the tent nhteatime? How far from the light are they sitting?

Yeah those solo cups will need watering every 1-2 days, especially if they are subject to temps higher than 28C.
I assume you are only giving them water right? as nutes at this stage is only going to harm them unless they are in a 15 litre pot. they are probably also somewhat root-bound as they were dry for a week as you mentioned, the roots would have been searching for water and stretching all around the cup.. definitely transplant them asap.

It has been around 78 in the tent and I have only watered them - no nutes. I am going to replant them and get them out of the solo cups tonight. Hopefully they will survive being ignored over the holidays. Sue, they are sitting on the floor of the tent - the light hangs about 4ft above them. Ive since added a small fan in there and I have started misting them also.

Okay I did it. I transplanted them tonight after work and set up the swick. Crossing my fingers they come around now. I only had 5 gallon pots so that what i used. I also started another White Widow incase one of the others dont make it.
2group1.jpg
RH 1
haze210.jpg
cheese 1
di_1.jpg
cheese 2
d220.jpg
and D
cheese214.jpg

These are gonna go great now, I have faith.
No water for a few days and you will definitely see great recovery I'm sure.
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom