TechnoGrower White Widow/Super Skunk RDWC Setup

TechnoGrower

Hello all. I've been following these forums for a while. After a move east I'm finally able to get my room set up. Let us take a peek.

My room is split into a few different areas. Mother's Area, Cloning Station, Super Veg and Flower. Each area changes things up slightly with either lighting type or grow method.

IMG_190418.JPG

Mother's Area:
Watering system is drip irrigation. Lighting is 4 t-8 florescent bulbs. Currently holding 9 plants, 4 White Widow and 5 Super Skunk. Seeds were cracked and planted into rock wool. First sprouts appeared on Mar 2. Transplanted in Coco on last Tuesday. I germinated 5 of each seed, and 9 of 10 took. At the moment the plan is to take the 2 best looking of both and make them my primary mothers. The 2nd best looking of the two will go to...

IMG_190814.JPG

Super Veg:
I believe in DWC. I'm only ever verging or flowering two plants at a time. My primary vegging area has two DWC 5 gallon buckets, two more t-8 florescent hoods. The plants will go from solo cups to 10 inch net pots and hydroton into the DWC. Growth tends to explode once in DWC so here's where I'll top and train for...

IMG_190616.JPG

IMG_190717.JPG

Flowering Closet:
My flowering system is RDWC. The net pots and roots will move here where they'll be under a 450W Platinum LED grow light. I'm excited for this. I've heard great things about these lights. This grow space isn't huge, but I'm going to attempt to SCROG here as well once the time comes.

Nutes:
General Hydroponics (FloraGro/FloraBloom/FloraMicro) & CalMag throughout veg.

Silica Blast and GH FloraNova Bloom through Flower.

I haven't decided what or if I'm running any PKs. Will happily take any recommendations you all might have.

The Situation So Far:
As stated above, I have 9 seedlings just over two weeks old. I'm starting from scratch, so I'll be able to take you guys into veg as well as through cloning.

A note about my name--TechnoGrower. It's not because I love the music. I'm a tech geek and although I'm lucky enough that my 9-5 allows me to work from home there are still times where I need to get on the road and can't be home to babysit the kids. I love automation and I especially love to be able to see and control things from my phone or tablet. Better still is being able to automate things. If the humidity in the room is too high I want the AC to kick on automatically. I want to use IFTTT to run my fans and really circulate the air int he room when the electricity prices are at their lowest. I want my pebble watch to buzz if a light or pump doesn't kick on when it's scheduled.

So that's the plan. My setup is probably going to be a little pricier than it needs to be but the hope is that it leads to a good yield and some really fun grows and I add and experiment with new products.

Last Notes:
Everything set up I show you will have been built by me from stuff I get locally at the hardware store or online. I love DIY and getting out and using my hands (I grew up on a farm). I encourage all growers to do that. Also, I don't have pictures of the cloning station yet because 1) I don't have anything I can take clones from and 2) I haven't built it yet. That's coming and I'll let you all know when it's ready.

Alright all. Follow me as I get my new grow room set up and dialed in. It's gonna be fun. Promise.

IMG_190313.JPG

Re: TechnoGrower White Widow/Super Skunk RDWC Setup w/ Special Appearance by Platinum

Quick update and photos. Nute change tonight from 175ppm to 400ppm. Planning on keeping this consistent through veg. Water is PHed to 5.8. I'm a little concerned about the temperature of the room which has stayed pretty consistently in the mid to low 60's. The room itself is very large and space heaters are expensive. I've purchased a grow tent which I hope will help.

IMG_191219.JPG

IMG_191316.JPG

IMG_191410.JPG

IMG_191517.JPG

IMG_191620.JPG

Re: TechnoGrower White Widow/Super Skunk RDWC Setup w/ Special Appearance by Platinum

Made a few changes. I figured if I have this really nice LED why not use it. Additionally the coolness of the large room I'm growing in was stunting the plants so everyone moved into the flowering closet along with a small space heater. Now I've got the temps consistently in the 70's. For fun I took the smallest of my plants and popped them into a DWC bucket and got it started. Two days in and it's almost caught up growth wise to the 8 remaining plants still sitting in coco. Once everyone has grown up I'll move the mothers back under the T-8 bulbs and flower in my RDWC system. The ultimate goal though will be to move all verging int the closet and flower in two grow tests I've bought. Just need two more LED lights.

IMG_192118.JPG

IMG_192314.JPG

IMG_192216.JPG

Wow you're going to have lots of stinky "medication" in 12 weeks, cheers to a pro start! :thumb:

Ha. Maybe. The plan right now is to flower 2 to 4 at a time, but to really take my time with the curring and do it right. So I might have to wait way past 12 weeks if I really want something like I'd find back in a west coast dispensary. Eventually I'll have to pick a couple that need to go under the LED by themselves and the rest will have to go back into the cooler room. Hopefully that as well as them being in solo cups will go a ways towards keeping them a manageable size until I can work them into the flowering room.

Don't forget to consider cloning your favorite plant. Cloning is a simple affair and that way you will have a life time's supply of excellent bud , and forget about pissing money away feeding the family of dispensaries! Take your clone and keep her alive as a mother for more clones. With all the money you save, you could take a nice vacation twice a year!

Quick update with special guest appearance by my dog!

IMG_194313.JPG

Plants are looking good and the runt that I moved to DWC has totally caught up with the other and is now showing a 6 inch root in the water. I'm doing weekly nute changes as I wait to order some new equipment. Here's the plan:

The flowering room will now be 2 4x4 grow tents each housing a 1200W Platinum LED light.

The 450W light will be used grow plants in veg and for clones.

Speaking of clones I finally finished my cloning machine. Will post picks once it's time to actually start putting it to work.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Updates!

So Veg has been boring, but for a worrying case of root rot I was luck enough to get ahead of. The RDWC has some crazy PH Drift too, but that's to be expected with RO water. I rigged up a DIY Chiller using a spare dehumidifier and that got the temperature calmed down, and the addition of more air stones took care of the root rot.

Additionally, I added 2 600W Platinum LED Grow Lights. Really happy with that decision. The plants loved the extra light and took off under them. Here's the outside of the tent RDWC setup:

IMG_204618.jpg

And here's the results of the lights, chiller, and GH Nutes.

IMG_204719.jpg

IMG_204811.jpg

IMG_204915.jpg

Right now the lights are set to bloom. The plants will sit there for a week getting used to that. On Sunday they're going under the SCROG net there they'll stay for a week, and in two weeks, they'll flip to flower.

Sorry I was quiet through veg. I'll keep better updates through flower. Stay tuned!

It's flip weekend!

Plants went under the scrog two weeks ago and turned the extra "bloom" feature on the 2 600W's to get them used to the extra light. The two of them are drinking north of 3 gallons every day! The plan for the holiday weekend is to get a res change today, followed by a blackout Sunday and then we flip to 12/12 on Monday!

The image uploader thing here is laying out my pictures sideways. I'm not sure how to fix that, so crane your next to see the plants under scrog.

IMG_205416.JPG

10 days after transition and holy crap are they growing. I have a bunch of pictures but the site keeps turning them sideways. So here's one.

IMG_209120.JPG

I'll be switching the notes to the Flora Bloom series this weekend with the res change. The ghetto chiller is working well and They're drinking about a gallon each per day. Maybe more.

Oh Lawdy!

I expected a growth spurt after the flip. I figured the chiller and adding hydroguard would aid that along. I did not expect this. The plants are almost touching the lights. That means they've grown almost 4 feet in a few weeks. We're on day 25 of Flower. Nugs have been forming and we're getting frosty. I love these lights!

In sadder news, I cannot get my clones to root. It may be time to bite the bullet and buy a turboKlone.

Anyway, on to the pics!

IMG_214012.JPG

IMG_213916.JPG

IMG_213216.JPG

IMG_213120.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom