Techy's Critical Cheese - 2014 Grow Journal

techyghost

:thumb::welcome: To my new adventure from the start.

There are 7 critical cheese cuttings Delivered express by Rhosgobel Rabbits:yahoo: they are a week old as they stand now:thumb:

Now I am a coco man so that's the medium part guys.
I had such good results last time with the Hesi:goodjob: i'm going again.:thumb:
At the moment im running 2 blue CFL's the one at the back right is 35w(blue) and the one in the centre is a 75w(blue)

If I've missed anything out guys you have to forgive me I do Techy Techy stuff all the time sometimes it escapes me:rofl::rofl:

So here are some pics to get the ball rolling.
IMAG06238.jpg
IMAG06248.jpg
IMAG06277.jpg
IMAG06267.jpg
IMAG06257.jpg

Also as you can see im not gonna get away with my stealth cab this time round so im in the process of building
a home for my new ladies ill be updating the progress along way as well.:Namaste::peace:

Love the color coded "nute burn" and "thirsty" sticks.

Gonna have to talk to those rabbits about getting me some :)

I had to have color coding turning and moving pots gets confusing also i found a really good way of dealing with nute burn when they are this age i get a 10ml dispensing syringe unload 2 barrel fulls of water straight on to the rock wool and voila 24 hrs later all good.:thumb:

Also i got some unfem seeds EXPERIMENT ok a fellow green thumb said to me that youcan feminize seeds whilst germinating with womens contraception tabs so im were gonna try:thumb::love::Namaste::peace:

Hey guys i built the new space:thumb:
IMAG06427.jpg

:thumb: but im having a heat and fan crisis :lot-o-toke: in the next pic you can see my exhaust on the back left i know its a bit low.
IMAG06418.jpg

and here's my fanny its a 4" rvk on a speed controller the nu air rig is pointless until I overcome my problem
IMAG06433.jpg

now the reason i went in low with my exhaust is to give me space to mess around with filters which brings me to my question would i benefit from having the fan inside or where it is i inlet from a cool space in between the rafters if anyone has a better idea please don't hesitate to chime in as any and all input would be most appreciated.:Namaste::peace:

I was hoping someone more experienced would answer your airflow questions.

I don't have any filterin because I don't have any close neighbours and the family likes the smell.
Last week, week 8 of flower, the basement started to smell like cannabis as does my vent area outside the house.
Next week or two, I harvest, so who cares :)

I have a 6" duct with a fan that sucks air out of the flowering room and vents outside.
The replacement air leaks in through the ceiling and the walls. I left gaps for air leaks, so when the fans aren't running, some of the air and aroma leaks outside the flowering room into the basement. If I did air intake with a one way valve, or air intake from outside, the cannabis smell would be almost nothing.

Pushing air into a room doesn't make sense to me unless you are sucking more air out at the same time.

Increasing air pressure encourages the room/tent/lights to leak allowing aroma to spread.
Sucking air through an air filter inside the room and exhausting outside is good.
I also think sucking air does a better cooling job, but the difference is small.

I don't think it makes much difference whether the exhaust fan it's inside out outside the room. It doesn't put it a lot of heat.
Three it's fan noise near the fan, but there is as much fan noise of air flowing through the ducts, so to me it doesn't matter.

I was hoping someone more experienced would answer your airflow questions.

I don't have any filterin because I don't have any close neighbours and the family likes the smell.
Last week, week 8 of flower, the basement started to smell like cannabis as does my vent area outside the house.
Next week or two, I harvest, so who cares :)

I have a 6" duct with a fan that sucks air out of the flowering room and vents outside.
The replacement air leaks in through the ceiling and the walls. I left gaps for air leaks, so when the fans aren't running, some of the air and aroma leaks outside the flowering room into the basement. If I did air intake with a one way valve, or air intake from outside, the cannabis smell would be almost nothing.

Pushing air into a room doesn't make sense to me unless you are sucking more air out at the same time.

Increasing air pressure encourages the room/tent/lights to leak allowing aroma to spread.
Sucking air through an air filter inside the room and exhausting outside is good.
I also think sucking air does a better cooling job, but the difference is small.

I don't think it makes much difference whether the exhaust fan it's inside out outside the room. It doesn't put it a lot of heat.
Three it's fan noise near the fan, but there is as much fan noise of air flowing through the ducts, so to me it doesn't matter.

YOUR right rado im in the loft the smell can go straight out the roof heat is a bit of a battle so i been thinking on how to make a cold air resevoir im going to get a plastic bin with a lid make an inlet and an outlet connect it in line with my inlet then put a bag or 2 of ice in there and re freeze when lights go out hopefully this will make a cold air resevoir.I dont seem to be getting much feed back here all your input is great rado and much appreciated THANKS:thumb:

ok so i got my clones mixed up an they are critical cheese i got sent the wrong ones lol by the time i checked my inbox yesterday:cough::goof::goof::goof::goof::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: its too late so this thread can be locked lol i give up im just going to float behind the scenes :peace:

How about a corrected title? Maybe a strain name edit?

:cheer: It doesn't have to end like this :cheer:

Techy..

Your plants are looking a LOT better than my clones right now.

How about you let Ricorico adjust your title, and we invite a few more folks to join this thread?
I think you are doing too well to send your plants off tho the land of abandoned journals.

BTW -Did you find a way to do air intake from the living space into your grow room?
Sucking air from the back of a light fixture? Installing a vent grill into the ceiling?

:thanks: Guy's :thumb: i've had a right palava :rofl: i let my boy take my Boston terrier bitch out and well not only do i have my ladies now but i got 6 puppies to deal with as well damn :rofl: so now im high spider mite alert :lot-o-toke: as dogs are a primary carrier but im at the top any way had a gnat prob noticed it when i see a cloud of them appear as if from nowhere so i got on it and tried a few things but found Gnat off to be the best thing and am trying to get some silver or white sand to put on my medium i ve got a bit but it washes through the medium only a bit at a time but it protects them against re infestation.Thank you Ricorico :thanks: for adjusting the title i did realize it was a bit far out :thedoubletake:.
So a quick update i got my Prakasa L.E.D back on form did a quick fan change on it and woohoo sorted also i got a 180w Vipar UFO led very cool and noticeably better I've just changed my cycle to 16-8 and finally got the exhaust out the roof with no damage to the property and have been looking at CO's finest vids on youtube for his cold air cooler box but I've found for a quick solution i just freeze 2 litre bottles and stand a couple in front of the inlet and it brings my temp down nicely and does not affect the humidity ill get some pics up later not too many though :high-five::peace::Namaste::love::thanks:

As well as my Gnat surprise i got these to contend with and it was a surprise:goof:
IMAG06785.jpg

And my tip for healthy plants all the way through is sparkling water nothing Expensive cheap stuff i put Nutes straight dont adjust the P.H they love it the way it is i keep my plants a bit wetter than every one else that grow with CoCo when the tray is dry they get watered with 150ml and if none comes out the bottom another 150ml and during flowering i up this to 250ml :thumb:
IMAG06848.jpg
IMAG06857.jpg
IMAG068210.jpg
IMAG06838.jpg

:peace::Namaste:

1/4 pint=(1gill) 5 fl oz or 150 ml
1/2 pint=1 1/4 cups 10 fl oz or 290 ml
sorry i forget not everyone lives where i do theres the conversion for anyone who wasnt sure:peace:

They come in pints! I'm getting one.
You've had a whole half already.

I remember pints from when I lived in Rhosgobel.
I just thought the edit reason was funny since the edited text was in ml.

The is an outside chance I had been smoking the halfling's leaf. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom