Tell me what you think. Is my plant in trouble?

OldJohn

Hi guys & gals,
I Haven't smoked Cannabis since mid-80's. Recently I started treatment for Hepatitis C. It's a form of ChemoTherapy. Anyway, as a result of the treatment I experience Nausea, headaches, & progressive depression. My daughter suggested I try smoking weed just to see if it would help. This state has some weak legislation for medicinal MJ. Long story short, my daughter got me a small bag and I've found that it really does help alot. So I decided to try my hand at growing my own. I managed to find 3 seeds in that bag my daughter provided, so I germinated them and only one sprouted. It's done well up to this point. If this works I will be ordering some fem seeds.

Strain - Indica (Bagseed)
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative (5 wks)
Bucket Size - 3 Gallon
Lights - (2) 55W CFL 2700K, (4) 23W CFL 6500K
Nutrients - MG Plant Food 8-7-6
Medium - 75% Organic Potting Soil 25% Perlite
PPM - ?
PH - 6.8
RH - ?
Room Temperature - 80 to 84 deg. F
Solution Temperature -NA
Room Square Footage - 2.5' x 2.5' x 5' Tall
Pests - None Known

Problem: My leaves are curling down and the leaves are drooping. Any ideas?
curl21.jpg

View image in gallery

not completely sure but it looks like a nitrogen deficiency , the yellowing of the leaves and purple stems are common signs of it, but its not a 100% sure sign.curled leaves could come from over fertilizing or over watering too. u may have ur PH too high which could make a lot of problems including making the Nitrogen unavailable to ur plant. get a soil PH test as well as N-P-k soil test, this will give u a lot of answers.

How often are you watering?

Always look to the simplest possibility first. Under watering signs are yellowing of leaves, curling leaves, dry leaves. I recently had this problem due to a root bound plant. The yellowing started with the older leaves first then moved up the plant to the newer growth.

It could be many other things as stated above as well, but it's best to eliminate the simpler problems first before adding more fert or flushing. And in the end a flush can help your plants bounce back from most fert problems.

Yeah, N Def was what I was leaning towards. But still I need to rule out PH problem. I'm relatively sure it's not over fertilizing or over watering. If I were to treat for N Def, could you suggest how I would go about it

Just check PH. It's 6.8

Yeah I was going to suggest under watering.. My girl is in some very light soil that dries out fast usually in 24-36hrs, instead of 48 or so, and my girl - If her leaves are droopy she s in need of a water.. And just a thought, you may wanna put em in a new pot so that the plant isnt sunk into the pot, and is level, it will give it better growth for lower branches.. So maybe that and if you transplant, Id look into the soil you use.. IMO - Its best to get a organic soil, I use a HUMUS soil 100% organic and has an active N,P,K reserve as it breaks down over time, to that I added some regular pot mix and some slow release ferts and a little Cal/mag.. So dont load it with heaps of nutes As you will get burn or lock out or build ups, so let the soil do its thing, just water and maybe get some seaweed extract, I USE IT ALWAYS!! Plants love it.. Theres also one with N,P,K in it too for feeding:)
Well I hope you get it sorted mate, dont stress - remember - K.I.S.S. ( Keep It Simple Silly ) And you should nt have too much drama I hope? Goodluck. Smokemupm8

QUOTE=Smokemupm8;1642896]Yeah I was going to suggest under watering.. My girl is in some very light soil that dries out fast usually in 24-36hrs, instead of 48 or so, and my girl - If her leaves are droopy she s in need of a water.. And just a thought, you may wanna put em in a new pot so that the plant isnt sunk into the pot, and is level, it will give it better growth for lower branches.. So maybe that and if you transplant, Id look into the soil you use.. IMO - Its best to get a organic soil, I use a HUMUS soil 100% organic and has an active N,P,K reserve as it breaks down over time, to that I added some regular pot mix and some slow release ferts and a little Cal/mag.. So dont load it with heaps of nutes As you will get burn or lock out or build ups, so let the soil do its thing, just water and maybe get some seaweed extract, I USE IT ALWAYS!! Plants love it.. Theres also one with N,P,K in it too for feeding:)
Well I hope you get it sorted mate, dont stress - remember - K.I.S.S. ( Keep It Simple Silly ) And you should nt have too much drama I hope? Goodluck. Smokemupm8[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you're right about under watering. I watered it yesterday (with nutes) and pruned some lower fan leaves. I checked this morning and it seems to have perked up some. It's small but it's hella thick with new growth up and down the main stem. I plan on flipping after New Year. I agree it should probably be transplanted to a shallower pot but I think I'm just gonna go ahead and finish this (first grow) and make notes for my next grow. Thanks for your reply
DSCF5615.jpg

Hey bud, just looking into your thread. KPC was on to something. Your lacking Nitrogen and it also could be from lockout because the stems are really purple and the leave margins are bluish. Meaning you have more than thing going on with your plants. Magnesium is one of them. Your water temps needs to be room temp or not to cold when you water your plants. Also whats your water source? If its straight out the tap then you need to let it sit out over night [24hrs] before watering your plants with it. To much chlorine will damage your plants as seen in your pictures. That may be the cause of the leaf being curled under.

Hey bud, just looking into your thread. KPC was on to something. Your lacking Nitrogen and it also could be from lockout because the stems are really purple and the leave margins are bluish. Meaning you have more than thing going on with your plants. Magnesium is one of them. Your water temps needs to be room temp or not to cold when you water your plants. Also whats your water source? If its straight out the tap then you need to let it sit out over night [24hrs] before watering your plants with it. To much chlorine will damage your plants as seen in your pictures. That may be the cause of the leaf being curled under.

I have been using tap water, ph=8.6. I usually let it set for 2or3 hours. My fear of over-watering caused me to UNDER-water. I had only watered once in the last 2 1/2 weeks (no nutes). So yesterday I watered with nutes and she looks much better already. What would you suggest I do for the Mag problem?

The problem will persist if you dont PH your water to 6.0-6.5 before feeding. Your having a nute lockout. Your PH in the soil maybe to high. Next feeding PH your water to about 5.0 after adding full nutes. That will fix the PH in your soil. Even when you add nutes to the water make sure its PH to around 6.0(this will be done the remainder of the time after current feeding of 5.0) As for the Mg deficiency, get some epsom salt and sprinkle it around your plant so you wont forget to add it on your next watering or if you remember add 1table spoon to your water.

As for under watering when you see water coming out the bottom of the pot just stop feeding after that. And water the plant every 4-5 days. Depending on how fast your soil drys. 4-5 days is the best way to go about watering your plants. Also add nutes to your next feed as well. Full strength. That pot is kind of big for that size plant. Since its already established roots in it then its fine. On your next grow go from 8oz cup to 1L pot to 3L pot. Depending on the size of your pot use only 2/4 to water your plants. So if thats a 5 gallon pot use 2.5 L of water. Thats all it will need until it gets alot bigger.

And never use porcelain pots, not good for alot of reason one of being you really cant tell the weight of the soil and plant since the pot weigh about a pound or more it self. Thats another way you can check to see if it needs watered by seeing if the pot is feather weight or really light.

Wizzy, I use my tap water straight from tap with PH of 6.6.. Ive only ever sat water for 24hrs a few times, our water has minimal Chlorine as opposed to fluoride. My girls have shown none of these symptoms?
I think his soil mix is lacking - and hitting it with nutes at this point is a little soon IMO? What do you think? Sure if there s a deficiency youre trying to fix fair enough, But wouldnt transplanting into a more stable mix and just water feed for a week or two til it gains size?
And as about half of the plant is blocked by the wall of the pot, its not going to get adequate light?
If you have a Mag problem, you can water with some Epsom salts, about a teaspoon per 5 L I THINK??
But as I said mate, I really think you d benefit from a transplant, it wont slow her down growth wise mate, if anything in 48hrs itll be better!
But its your call buddy, im not telling you what to do.. I just dont like the look of the soil blend your using.. NOT THAT GROW MEDIUMS ARE MEANT TO LOOK SEXY??:scratchinghead::scratchinghead: Lol.. Anyway all the best pal. Smokemup

Wizzy, I use my tap water straight from tap with PH of 6.6.. Ive only ever sat water for 24hrs a few times, our water has minimal Chlorine as opposed to fluoride. My girls have shown none of these symptoms?
I think his soil mix is lacking - and hitting it with nutes at this point is a little soon IMO? What do you think? Sure if there s a deficiency youre trying to fix fair enough, But wouldnt transplanting into a more stable mix and just water feed for a week or two til it gains size?
And as about half of the plant is blocked by the wall of the pot, its not going to get adequate light?
If you have a Mag problem, you can water with some Epsom salts, about a teaspoon per 5 L I THINK??
But as I said mate, I really think you d benefit from a transplant, it wont slow her down growth wise mate, if anything in 48hrs itll be better!
But its your call buddy, im not telling you what to do.. I just dont like the look of the soil blend your using.. NOT THAT GROW MEDIUMS ARE MEANT TO LOOK SEXY??:scratchinghead::scratchinghead: Lol.. Anyway all the best pal. Smokemup

Transplanting would be ideal but its in shock already and since he's using MG nutes we don know if be has B-1 or bone meal for transplanting to prevent further shock. So that would be bad. As for the tap water he only let it sit for a couple hours and dependi on how hard his water is the soil could be over chlorinated. So he would have to either let his water sit 4 days before using it or boil a pot of water to clean it out. I used to boil my tap water and hen use coffee filters to catch all the salt and bad stuff that was in the water.

Do you have a moister and ph tester for the soil? there about $10 at the grow store and you can get a ppm tester online for about $30 or less. And i would be get differnt nutients. Go for recipe for succes. it cheap and have every thing you need and its about $50. It will give you a good schule to go by and help you with your grow. The more you get into it the better you will get. Plus do alot of research online about the strain you r growing and it help if you can find a journal that someone else has have grow to see if there was certain problem about the strain(like adding blood meal or more cal\mag stuff like that.) And remember its just a weed they will grow no matter what. so dont over do it or over think it. But its good to have a deficency chart to. With each grow you will always be learning.

One more thing get a planner\journal so you can write things down what you do. when you feed or water. It helps keep track of you progress and it some thing you can go back to refer to the next grow.

good luck with your plant I'm sure it will be fine.
First Time in Soil From DWC - Blue Dream
Querkle & Blue Dream
Blue Dream
My Second Grow On My Own But My First Journal

do you mean, check the PH or adjust the PH? I do check my PH (with strips). I don't know how to adjust it.

Good advice Ruha!!
Its very handy to keep a note pad and put what and when you fed your girl, I find it useful as you can check on what nutes youve fed and amounts etc; hopefuly avoid a problem..

Back
Top Bottom