Temperature Challenges

Med Grower

I am a novice grower working in my first grow. I grow in two tents in my basement. I am working on getting the environment under control to move my plans from veg to flower and I am having a problem with temperature regulation.

Using an Apollo grow tent and a 10,000 btu ac unit in the tent with a 50 pint dehumidifier outside the tent. I am using a flex duct and wye with my dryer duct to vent the hot air outside.

I can't get the temp in the tent to get below 80 degrees even with the ac set to 60. I have tried opening the tent for more air flow and zipping the tent shut with no changes in results.

Any assistance would be great.

I have a dimmable ballast for a raptor hood. But I have not been using it since I am trying to get the environment right before flowering. I have an inline fan. But it is in the tent, not connected to the duct since the plastic duct from the ac connected to the flex duct.

When you drop you light time to 12/12 it will help with heat. The extra off time lets the temp drop before lights come back on. I also flower only during nighttime hours. Cooler nights help keep temps down.

Thanks for the response. However these temperatures are in a dark tent. There is no light on in the flower tent currently. With the light on its over 90 in the tent.

I'm pulling in air through the vents in the bottom of the tent. I have also tried unzipping the tent to allow for more airflow

It's pointless pulling air from the same room that fit air conditioning unit is sending air 2 because it will all be the same temperature.

You need to duct the air conditioning exhaust completely out of the basement.

It's pointless pulling air from the same room that fit air conditioning unit is sending air 2 because it will all be the same temperature.

You need to duct the air conditioning exhaust completely out of the basement.
As well with your tent exhaust. If you can somehow vent to another room or even better, outdoors, you should be able to bring temps down. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom