Temperature control

tommyb88

so iv set all my tent up for a trial run just to see the temps and rh and they are reaching 88 degress and rh is 37, iv switched it all off for now so it might even raise a few degrees higher. when everything is switched off it drops to around 69

its a 60x60x140 with 250w mh/hps, got a 187 m3/h fan and carbon filter running and a osculating fan, the thermometer is at the bottom of the tent aswell level with sum plant pots, any suggestions on how to lower the temps??? iv got 3 vents on the tent for temp and humidity control which i have opened but that hasnt worked but i can see them leaking smell when in flower so dont really want to use them anyway.

it was running with the metal halide which i believe are hotter anyway so it may not be as hot in flower.

am i just worrying over nothing or will these high temps stress the plant to much as iv seen optimal is between 70-80

Nevermind ... misread post

right i no no ones replyed yet but iv been doing some digging and found this statement, new to indoor growing so getting confused on temps as 1 site will say anything over 80 is bad and another site will say something else, heres it is

Proper temperature is one highly variable factor. Most books state optimum grow temperature to be 70-80 degrees, but many list extenuating circumstances that allow temperatures to go higher. Assuming genetics is not a factor, plants seem to be able to absorb more light at higher temps, perhaps up to 90 degrees. High light and CO2 levels could make this go as high as 95 degrees for increased growth speed.* An optimum of 95 degrees is new data that assumes very-high light, CO2 enrichment of 1500 ppm and good regular venting to keep humidity down.
With normal levels of CO2, in a well vented space, 90 degrees would seem to be the absolute max, while 85 may be closer to optimum, even with a great deal of light available. Do not let the room temperature get over 35 C (95 F) as this hurts growth. Optimal temperature is 27-30 C (80-86 F) if you have strong light with no CO2 enrichment

just straight into my bedroom, got told it should be alright, if this is the problem tho i could possibly vent it into a vent that leads to the chimney or i have a small hole about an inch in the ceiling that the airiel wire used to come through that leads into the loft (this would mean using quite a bit more ducting with bends in to reach venting destination). after reading that article saying that the plant absorbs more light up to 90 degrees and 85 is optimum i dont no what to do now to be honest. iv opened my bedroom window fully to let more cold air into the room as its very cold outside but that hasnt done anything.

also the fan is on the outside of the tent sucking air through the carbon filter which is on the inside, arnt sure if this would have anything to do with it but trying to give as much info as possible. thanks

right im on it, also would you think this would work cos iv been thinking and it would be easier for me to run some ducting from chimney vent into the intake hole at the bottom of the tent so the air being drawn in is colder, but would have to keep an eye on it so i can move the ducting when people turn the fire on downstairs , thanks for the reply,

If you vent from the chimney like, you'll be drawing the CO from the furnace and you'll probably end up gassing yourself to death. Bad idea.

If you vent the hot air from inside your tent .... and send the hot air outside, then the fresh air inside your room will be cooler. By just getting rid of your hot, you won't be sucking hot air back into your tent. That should fix your problem.

well got up this morning and went over the fan and filter agen and the ducting has got loads of tiny pin prick size holes in it, iv checked the whole 5metres of ducting the shop sent me and its the same all the way down so it looks like the fan was just blowing hot air back through these holes, iv emailed the shop but probably wont get a reply till monday, im still going to vent away from the bedroom etc... thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom