Temperature-controlled fans

d42zero

Hi,

I bought an SMScom 6.5A Smart Controller but unfortunately it makes my Canfan RK125 hum louder that the fan on 100% :hmmmm: I can either buy a new fan to suit it, or return it and buy a different controller or a whole new fan setup lol

Can anyone tell me a fan that 100% works with SMScom, a controller that 100% works with canfans, or alternatively suggest a better method of fan control? I don't really have time for something too diy, preferably just plug a fan into a controller and off we go.

Whatever I end up with must be nice and quiet. Tent is 1500x800, exhaust is run outside the room, passive intake

Get a fan dimmer, and an inkbird ITC-308. $20 each and you're done

How is that different to the controller I have now? The hum comes from the fan, won't I get the same hum with a dimmer?

I looked up your controller and the one I saw has a dimmer (fan speed controller) built in. I dont understand how any controller could make your fan hum worse. It just turns it on and off, it shouldn't affect fan speed and thus hum noise so idk.
A dimmer reduces fan noise by reducing fan speed.

Yes, there are two types of fan (speed) controllers. If you don't want the hum (and probable decreased life of the fan), get or build a Variac (variable autotransformer) continuous sine wave fan controller. Well, three types: If you have lots of money to spend, I suppose you could buy a variable frequency drive fan controller. But those things must be constructed of a mixture of platinum, the placentas of virginal births, and ground unicorn horn, LMAO - because it'd be just as "cheap" to buy two or three more fans of differing rated capacities, and swap in whichever one you want to use for that stage of the grow. Although there's a big variation in price; I just found a Fuji FRENIC Mini for $131US, but it appears to only be rated for .7A.

Me, I'd go with the Variac type.

Back
Top Bottom