Temperature Question

DUKE1985

Hey Guys

I am currently on week 6 of flowering and things are going fine but I have a dilemma. Our air conditioning is out and the temp of the grow room will raise from the current 75-81 (daytime) 75-78 (night) to around 85-90 during the daytime and be around 80 at night. How will this affect them?

Re: Temperature_Question

eeek.

they won't like it.

is there anyway you can go buy a fan to blow on them?

you've only got like.. 2 -3 more weeks, a month or so at the max, you can make it!

yeah, I agree about the fan, can you leave the door to the room open? However I do realize that will make the house even warmer, boy do I! Is the AC getting put back on soon? Get a fan on her!

^ Moose is right, raise your lights a little bit. If you dont already have one, get an exhaust system, and a fan. You can also get an air conditioner up in there. Prime grow temps are betweem 65-78 for me.

Hey guys,

I raised the light an addional 8'' and put a fan in the closet. I've been keeping the door open during the light cycle and thats helped also. Will they require more water during this time?

awesome, you did it all! I would think due to the harsh temps the water might vap a little quicker. I would keep an eye on her, but just make sure not to overwater it being paranoid....The more you grow the more you learn not to quess when doing anything. But yeah I'm sure she'll want to be watered early..I'm going to go open my closet up now lol

when you have a fan directly on the plants, they transpire more and you'll need to water them more.

(i put that word / sentence in my memory from some other post in here by roorman :p)

yeah, i think custommx6 said it, open the door and put the fan in to either blow air out or in

Do you have any means of pumping fresh air into the room? The fan will NOT cut down on the heat, it will just blow hot air around.

Yeah, absolutly. . . really need a way to get fresh air consistantly, fan blowing around hot air does nothing for you. . as a matter of fact, with no fresh air, its possible the fan would raise the temp a degree or so from the fan itself. . . Last summer I had to shut down my cab because I couldn't contrl my temps well enough during summer days. I had to add an exaust fan, a fresh air intake, and a small fan. made a good 8 degree difference. :peace:

Bagz, thats where people always go wrong. They think the fan will cool down the temps but it does nothing but cause a bigger problem by blowing the hot air around. Without a means of fresh air being consistanly being pumped into the room while the hot air inside is being sucked out via exhaust, your temps WILL not change.

Back
Top Bottom