Meh..... stoned me forgot to mention;

The reason I became interested in harvesting later was because my anxiety had been (still) going haywire. I figured it was a likely factor... one of many.

I've actually been avoiding Sativas, hence the last group being mostly Indica. But, I figured I would try letting them ripen a bit more too.

I've yet to find any "couch lock", but the last group isn't quite cured yet either.

Anywhoo.... I've noticed a decrease in some of my physical anxiety symptoms since I changed. Less occurrence of chest pains & short breath episodes. I also find it much easier to sit & relax after smoking.

....back to getting lit
:blunt:<--- Purple Punch time
I like jumpy sativas & usu. harvest a bit early to accentuate that...

But, if there's anxiety issues, racy sativas should definitely be avoided. I warn folks about that with my grows for those reasons.

Onwards & upwards!

Funny you said that Preston. I always thought you chopped a bit early based on how the plant looked. I think that tends to be normal for most home growers. Glad you have found that sweet spot and the patience to let them start maturing a bit longer and that its paying off for you. I find my effects last much longer when I let the plant fully mature in flower before harvesting.
Yeah buddy.

It really took a huge harvest to fill my jars with more than enough to last. That made all the difference in the world when it comes to my patience. LoL

I had always been a habitual "early-chopper" because i was always running out of bud before my plants had matured.

I thought that might have been it.....or perhaps it was just a personal preference.

Full jars make all the difference in the world. One suggestion I have for anyone that has jars that are on the empty side but you want to let plants go a bit longer is to only chop what you need to get you through til the plant is fully mature. Chop one branch and get it drying....if you need to smoke it, smoke it. But it lets the rest of the plant keep going and yields can be maximized.

I also like to take testers at different times off of a plant when I am growing it for the first time. Lets me try buds at roughly 5 day interval. Lets me find where I tend to like the effects vs maximizing yields. I love my sativas and love them a bit wild so lets find if I like them harvested a bit early or when the plant is mature. On indicas, it lets me find how long I like to let it go to get the more narcotic effect I am looking for in my night time meds. I tend to like my indicas to go an extra week or two for better sleep effects.

I thought that might have been it.....or perhaps it was just a personal preference.

Full jars make all the difference in the world. One suggestion I have for anyone that has jars that are on the empty side but you want to let plants go a bit longer is to only chop what you need to get you through til the plant is fully mature. Chop one branch and get it drying....if you need to smoke it, smoke it. But it lets the rest of the plant keep going and yields can be maximized.

I also like to take testers at different times off of a plant when I am growing it for the first time. Lets me try buds at roughly 5 day interval. Lets me find where I tend to like the effects vs maximizing yields. I love my sativas and love them a bit wild so lets find if I like them harvested a bit early or when the plant is mature. On indicas, it lets me find how long I like to let it go to get the more narcotic effect I am looking for in my night time meds. I tend to like my indicas to go an extra week or two for better sleep effects.
I was surprised at how much my harvest totals changed with only an extra week or two as well.

Those last couple weeks are essential...IMHO

Back
Top Bottom