Tent location help

Timhomegrow

I have my tent in the garage here in Georgia. The garage is not well insulated and I am having humidity issues. Even with the exhaust fan and dehumidifier inside the tent, 63-65% is the humidity, not ideal but is that ok or will I have problems when they start flowering? Debating about buying a large $250 dehumidifier for the entire garage and hoping that works. Wondering as we approach Georgia summers if heat will be my next obstacle in the garage

Or moving the tent inside the house, assuming I can control the environment easier. Only drawback, is the spare bedroom windows face the street and a neighbor and I'm concerned it will attract unwanted attention. Do I have to have the rooms window open for fresh air and exhaust or could I keep them closed?

Thoughts on the best location/methods to control humidity?

Im assuming you have central air in the house? If so that's going to be a lot easier and less expensive to control than the garage.

No, you don't need the windows open. Unless you like paying to condition the whole neighborhood. Then open the front door too. Haha.

I like unloading tent heat into my central AC duct versus running a dedicated, less efficient, portable or window shaker unit.

If you don't mind sacrificing garage space. (Bristles down my spine at the notion) build a sealed room out there and drop an AC and dehumidifier in it. Or a mini split.

Air cooling is going to be tricky for you with all the humidity, the more air you pull in to cool stuff down the more moisture it's going to bring in with it. Your incoming should be 10-20 points lower than your target. If you want a 75°f room at 50% humidity you should be bringing in air somewhere in the range of 55-65°f 40%rh. (Ac supply air should be around 50°f)

I have about a $200 (50 pint) dehumidifier in my 2 car garage and it works well, I drain about 25 pints many days. BUT my garage is fairly well sealed and decently insulated. As long as there isn’t serious air leakage, it may work for you.

Im assuming you have central air in the house? If so that's going to be a lot easier and less expensive to control than the garage.

No, you don't need the windows open. Unless you like paying to condition the whole neighborhood. Then open the front door too. Haha.

I like unloading tent heat into my central AC duct versus running a dedicated, less efficient, portable or window shaker unit.

If you don't mind sacrificing garage space. (Bristles down my spine at the notion) build a sealed room out there and drop an AC and dehumidifier in it. Or a mini split.

Air cooling is going to be tricky for you with all the humidity, the more air you pull in to cool stuff down the more moisture it's going to bring in with it. Your incoming should be 10-20 points lower than your target. If you want a 75°f room at 50% humidity you should be bringing in air somewhere in the range of 55-65°f 40%rh. (Ac supply air should be around 50°f)

Thanks! Do you get smell issues with it in the house and the hot air going into the AC vent?

Back
Top Bottom