Tent Seed Grow - Blue Mysteries

Tent Seed Grow - Northern Light Autos

Life has been throwing some challenges, sorry for the missing & sporadic updates...

This was Northern Light Autoflower #3 (NLA #3), 8 weeks at bloom, 11 weeks from seed. Oddly she was the youngest of the 3 Northern Light autos, but with amber trichomes coating what few leaves she dis have, she was the most mature as well. At just week 8 of bloom, and only 11 weeks from seed, the size, appearance and overall quality of the plants show these Northern Light Auto-flowers have proved themselves as capable producers of high quality meds.

They were connoisseur quality in aroma, flavor from day 1 of being dried. Sandalwood & hash early on, but now that is has had cure time, the smell is almost candy-insence like, and the flavors do vary from between green buds and purple buds, much to my surprise.

I'd never had Northern Light prior to this grow. Anytime I mentioned NL, a friend would get all excited, and go on for a while on all the wondrous qualities of the strain. As with most strains, I dismissed this to hype. I cannot describe how blown away I was from my first hit of a flash dried sample piece. Knowing my friend worked nights and was home asleep, I called her anyway. "H...Hello?" she stammered. "Oh my gosh, you weren't kidding abou..." before I could finish my sentence she was laughing and exclaimed, "Oh! So you got some Northern Lights, huh? I told you so!!! I'll be right over - 'Click'..."

DSC05389-NLA3-H.jpg

DSC05397-NLA3-top.jpg

Not a very tight noded specimen, but the buds are amazingly dense and encrusted with trichomes.

DSC05400-NLA3-drawer.jpg

Beautiful purple-hued buds and a calyx to leaf ratio so high, it requires little manicuring.

DSC05425-clusters.jpg

The aroma is sweet and incense like, and the dense buds themselves will have little stem waste.

DSC05431-cola.jpg

The first cut is the deepest!

DSC05447-1_3-4.jpg

The first cut weighed out to 1 - 3/4 oz.

DSC05449-Trichs.jpg

A trichome wonderland!

DSC05451-thelast.jpg

These were the remaining nuggets that were left to ripen further. Final total weight was 2 1/8 oz.

The coolest part really is the win/win scenario in being able to bloom AND veg under one light in the same space, all the while supplanting seedlings & cuttings to the 12/12 Bloom-Room.

I haven't got around to loading pics yet, but all 3 NLAs are now harvested. Each one has its own distinctiveness - berry-insence, citrus, and a sweet-woody/skunk, yet you cannot mistake they are related as they share many indescribable traits.

I likey! :love::love::love::love:

Be well everyone! :peace:

Hey Endive - good to see you buddy! Those look absolutely amazing. Very nice! :bravo:

I'm like you in that I've never bought the hype. Maybe the name just sounds too tame to me, lol? But, that Big Bang auto I'm smoking right now has NL in it, and it's a really good vape/smoke. I'm going to have to put it on my seed list too, me thinks...

Much congrat's, Endive! I have to say, you consistantly produce some of the most beautiful buds I've seen! :bravo:

I love the story and if you were a little closer, I'd probably be at your house, too, sampling some of those fantastic looking meds! :welldone:

Sorry for taking over for a second here, but anyone who hasn't seen Endive's previous grows should go back and take a look at his old journals....here are some highlights of the awesome results he's been achieving:

2010-11-15_07-53-29_82_S-3-suspect.jpg

DSC02840_S-3lst.jpg

2010-11-15_12-20-56_944_S-2_theCure.jpg

DSC02903_S-3_dried.jpg

DSC03406-TR_nug-close.jpg

DSC03419-leafroll.jpg

top_right-Final.jpg

Sorry for taking over for a second here, but anyone who hasn't seen Endive's previous grows should go back and take a look at his old journals....here are some highlights of the awesome results he's been achieving...

:bigblush:

Thank you Mr. Krip,

I cannot express how kind words can change an outlook...

Life has seen my family fit, to offer us up some challenges out of the norm. My time and focus since dealing with the legal, judicial & booming prison industry has been fragmented immensely, as much as I've longed for enough time to sit and catchup with everyones lives, grows & new discoveries, the focus still alludes me.

So, to login and find someone called recognition to my humble accomplishments, is such a nice feeling... a validation of sorts that I am indeed a fellow person. I am proud to be a member of the "growing" community, as I've been dealing with the "real world" and find it's a pretty unsavory place at times.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Congratulations on a beautiful harvest, and a job well done yet again Endive!:goodjob: NL can be a very pleasurable strain to grow, and when done right, an even greater strain to consume. I've become pretty familiar with her myself, and will always have a soft spot for her.
Sorry to hear life is throwing curves your way, hope you're able to smile once in a while nonetheless! See you around my friend....

:bigblush:

Thank you Mr. Krip,

I cannot express how kind words can change an outlook...

Life has seen my family fit, to offer us up some challenges out of the norm. My time and focus since dealing with the legal, judicial & booming prison industry has been fragmented immensely, as much as I've longed for enough time to sit and catchup with everyones lives, grows & new discoveries, the focus still alludes me.

So, to login and find someone called recognition to my humble accomplishments, is such a nice feeling... a validation of sorts that I am indeed a fellow person. I am proud to be a member of the "growing" community, as I've been dealing with the "real world" and find it's a pretty unsavory place at times.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You deserve it, my friend! :bravo:

Sorry to hear about life's curveballs. As my 420 Buddy Jcool says, "When life gives you lemons, make lemon haze!" :)

I hope things get better for you! :goodluck:

Much congrat's, Endive! I have to say, you consistantly produce some of the most beautiful buds I've seen! :bravo:

I love the story and if you were a little closer, I'd probably be at your house, too, sampling some of those fantastic looking meds! :welldone:

...and you would be welcomed into our home!

I look forward to a day when we will be able to share the spoils of our craft amongst one another. Sadly even in home-brewing, when we trade bottles of out finest, cross country/globally with other craft brewers via most carriers, it is still restricted and/or illegal to do so.

:peace:

Hey Endive - good to see you buddy! Those look absolutely amazing. Very nice! :bravo:

I'm like you in that I've never bought the hype. Maybe the name just sounds too tame to me, lol? But, that Big Bang auto I'm smoking right now has NL in it, and it's a really good vape/smoke. I'm going to have to put it on my seed list too, me thinks...

Thank you,

For so little effort, and being in soil in the Veg-Tent, I was pleased with the return. I'm tempted to do a regrow of the NL autos in hydro, though I've grown a soft spot for soil.

I've read nothing but good things about Big Bang Auto. If I ever spend all my freebie points at Nirvana, I will have to try other seed banks. Buddha Seed's "Syrup" is an auto that if it lives up to its description, sound wonderful!

Congratulations on a beautiful harvest, and a job well done yet again Endive!:goodjob: NL can be a very pleasurable strain to grow, and when done right, an even greater strain to consume. I've become pretty familiar with her myself, and will always have a soft spot for her.
Sorry to hear life is throwing curves your way, hope you're able to smile once in a while nonetheless! See you around my friend....

I'm looking forward to trying the photoperiod NLs soon. It would be nice to have a good mother on hand, though every pheno seems to have its own personality.

As to life, we as a family are adapting and healing. We respect that there are those who've faced far greater struggles than us, and still came out all the better for it.

Now it comes down to choosing battles wisely. Parts of our system are so obviously flawed, yet accepted as the status-quo. I need some books, a little polish on a degree or two and some time to arm up with knowledge enough to begin to do something about it.

The battle between good and evil... wrong or right, isn't won or lost or even decided upon by governments, world leaders, armies, wars, etc. The battle is clearly won or lost in the day to day decisions that regular people like you and I make in our everyday lives and how we treat one another.

Sure I'm naive, but I'll take naive and fighting rather than to feel jaded and do nothing at all. I seek not to be a politician working to bring "change", I just want to be a renegade that plants enough seeds (no pun intended) in enough open, intelligent minds to make it happen.

Endive, wow its been awhile ,somehow i missed this grow, to stoned maybe, anyway . you do a fantastic job, those buds look soooooo sweet. :peace::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::welldone:

Hi Endive. Hope you are doing okay my friend. Mr. Krip was right, you've grown some of the best looking bud I've ever seen. It truly inspires me. Especially this one:

2010-11-15_07-53-29_82_S-3-suspect.jpg

:bravo:

I'm looking forward to trying the photoperiod NLs soon. It would be nice to have a good mother on hand, though every pheno seems to have its own personality.

As to life, we as a family are adapting and healing. We respect that there are those who've faced far greater struggles than us, and still came out all the better for it.

Now it comes down to choosing battles wisely. Parts of our system are so obviously flawed, yet accepted as the status-quo. I need some books, a little polish on a degree or two and some time to arm up with knowledge enough to begin to do something about it.

The battle between good and evil... wrong or right, isn't won or lost or even decided upon by governments, world leaders, armies, wars, etc. The battle is clearly won or lost in the day to day decisions that regular people like you and I make in our everyday lives and how we treat one another.

Sure I'm naive, but I'll take naive and fighting rather than to feel jaded and do nothing at all. I seek not to be a politician working to bring "change", I just want to be a renegade that plants enough seeds (no pun intended) in enough open, intelligent minds to make it happen.

You sure hit the nail on the head regarding NL; Their phenos are of a pretty broad spectrum. I actually thought it was just the line I picked up-A seemingly very untable strain. But now that I've heard you say you've experienced similar traits, I feel much better about mine. I found a pretty special pheno in my last grow, which I dubbed "Chocolate". I was unsuccessful in an attempted re-veg, though, and will just hope to see this pheno ahan in a later grow from the same seed stock.

I wouldn't call you naive though brother, I would call you admirable. :bravo: Too many of the population don't even feel, let alone say, LET ALONE ACT the way that you do. APATHY WILL DESTROY OUR COUNTRY So thank you for your attitude, and fortitude. Good luck in your journey my friend, please let us here know if we can be of any moral support!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

What's her scent/aroma? IMHO, Jock/Jack have a trademark scent. Though I can't describe it, but I know it when I smell it.

She looks similar to a Jock Pheno I had. They tend to bloom on the longer side of the 9 week range. If it's ready prior to week 9 , it's probably another strain.

However at 7 weeks bloom, give or take, if her trichomes are still clear or mostly clear, let her go another 2 - 3 weeks. Your patience will be rewarded.

Thanks a lot!

It smells little fruity and something strong together.

Back
Top Bottom